PDA

View Full Version : boxing: gammer vs williams

presto
2nd March 2007, 22:10
on tonight 10pm.

a fight with boxers at different ends of there careers here, up and commer gammer and williams nearing the end of his.

williams has boxed at a higher level, but recent form hasn't been great. gammer hasn't fought any big names, yet has an unbeaten 16 wins and a draw.

style wise, williams is a pretty cautious fighter but IMO has the better chance of the KO, gammer has the reach advantage and isn't really a KO puncher.
williams is also a 'confidence' fighter if you get what i am saying, if he dosn't feel confident he can just sit back and lose, but if he goes for it can win. this week he has already shown sign's of little confidence as he is starting to weigh up retirement - though he mag want to give it all he has got to se if he still has it left in him to continue. this deffinately plays into gammers hands and if he can keep williams at range, can probably just throw more punches and out box him for the points win.

the welshman gammer also has a big home advantage with the fight being in hometown Neath. so will have the fans on his side.

as for the odd's williams is the 1.9 / 2.2 fav, so if i were betting - gammer would be my pick, though it will be a good opportunity to check him out, as there is plenty of big domestic fights ahead for him with the poor state of the heavyweight division as it is.

yerotsluap
2nd March 2007, 22:38
Williams looked quite trim and in decent shape at the weigh in certainly better than a few of his previous fights when hes look a bit podgy

presto
3rd March 2007, 00:15
he did look in good shape - dropped 3st since his last fight (lost it very quickly), a good close fight. williams winning in the 9th.