PDA

View Full Version : sublimity cheltenham

racehorse
2nd March 2007, 22:14
hi guys i dont think im giveing out a tip here as such.

anyway i was at a race night last night for my kids school this old fella was proped up at the bar i was getttn a drink and he asks me any joy i laughed and said id have better luck at cheltenham for sure he turned to me and says there is only one horse thats a sure thing at cheltenham this year and its called sublimity . with that he just picked up his pint and started to sup it never said anything more to me . anyway ive looked up this horse and he is entered in two races at cheltenham but prices are different in 1 race he is backed from33/1 to 12/1 and the other he has gone from 12/ to 14/1 anyone know of this horse and can give me some onsight please.

godspot ur the man for the stats:lickme

wb
2nd March 2007, 22:23
I wouldn't be taking too much heed of oul' lads in the pub. Your best bet would be to go to the RP site and check out his background. Sublimity was mentioned as a potential outsider in today's RP, but I'd be amazed if one of the top 4 don't win. I'm dutching Hardy and Brave Inca, with a larger part on BI, and they still have to beat Detroit City too. For me, he would be no more than an EW chance.

Godspot
3rd March 2007, 01:28
and they still have to beat Detroit City too. For me, he would be no more than an EW chance.

I'll give you EW shot!:D

The County Hurdle – wots that they call it? ‘The Lucky Last.’

Sublimity, definitely runs well fresh, ran a good race here last year behind Noland. If he’s 12/1 for both races, it’s pretty obvious which one he represents value in, the Grade 3 H’cap, County Hurdle as opposed to the Grade 1, Champion Hurdle itself. The fact that he is considered worthy of consideration for that race at all makes him interesting in the former. If trainer P J Hobbs goes through with his plan to run Fair Along (who also ran well here last season) in this race as well as the Arkle, I wouldn’t say Sublimity is that well handicapped in comparison. This time last year I’d hardly heard of Sky’s The Limit but he won. 5yo’s have won 5 of the last seven runnings of this race. You can get 16/s about Sublimity(Fr) (interesting that he’s a French bred, for an Irish raider) with Betfred & the same about Fair Along with Paddy Power. This is the last race of the meeting but if Fair Along runs well in the Arkle & Detroit City in the Champion, within the first three races, I can see Fair Along vying for favouritism (who have won 4 of the last 8) by Friday. If he should not run though, so could yours & right now, the pair of them could make for an interesting EW dutch @ the best prices you can get. It wont be long now before bookies start offering non-runner, no bet, so I’ve heard.

Hows about a MAD bet? 4x $1.25 EW doubles, them two with Punjabi & Duty, in the Triumph, h'mmm...:) :)

Godspot
3rd March 2007, 10:45
Having just looked at the Champion Hurdle though, there are a few entered for both races & it may be best to see who runs where, the weights could go up if Desert Quest doesn’t run in the County. Just the fact that Sublimity is already above the likes of Desert Quest, Harchibald & Jazz Messenger in the Champion Hurdle betting, marks him out as One 2 Follow, whatever happens but I doubt we’ll be seeing anything around 12/1 in future races.:)

racehorse
3rd March 2007, 19:08
godspot again thanks for the excellent response . il have a couple of each way bets on them cheers bud.

again i am not impressed with the lack of response on the site though its realy makeing me hard to have any intrest in it sorry guys.

wb
3rd March 2007, 19:16
again i am not impressed with the lack of response on the site though its realy makeing me hard to have any intrest in it sorry guys.

No offence racehorse, but what are you expecting?

There are plenty of people here to help with gambling questions, but not many people are interested in what joe punter in your local pub thinks if the truth be told. We can meet these guys in our own local.

mathare
3rd March 2007, 19:23
again i am not impressed with the lack of response on the site though its realy makeing me hard to have any intrest in it sorry guys.To be fair, posting up 'tips' from nutters like this fella won't get a lot of debate going. Especially when you're not bringing much to the party yourself. You post a horse's name and basically ask if it's any good but don't bother putting in any effort yourself by trying to look at the RP cards or anything. The odds won't tell you anything much, look at the form and give us an opinion on the horse too.

Better formatting of your post would help too. Capital letters in the appropriate places etc. Personally I see a post like your first post in this thread and don't get much past the second or third word. I can't be bothered reading anything that someone can't be bothered writing properly.

You get out what you put in around here

Fadetoblack
3rd March 2007, 19:31
If you don't like it racehorse, there are plenty more forums out there. Quit moaning at us.

bigcumba
3rd March 2007, 21:38
Better formatting of your post would help too. Capital letters in the appropriate places etc. Personally I see a post like your first post in this thread and don't get much past the second or third word. I can't be bothered reading anything that someone can't be bothered writing properly.

Something I suggested to you as well Racehorse. Maybe if YOU responded to our suggestions you would get a bit more feedback.

pilky201
3rd March 2007, 21:51
You can't preach a subject and expect a open forum to back it ,like Big C said play sensible and the response will follow. I think the negative rep might have a say!!!!

racehorse
3rd March 2007, 22:12
fair enough lads i see the point so if you havent a real clue about horses and cant use a pc properly when it comes to typeing etc then there is no place in this forum. sound least i know where i stand.

mathare
3rd March 2007, 23:19
fair enough lads i see the point so if you havent a real clue about horses and cant use a pc properly when it comes to typeing etc then there is no place in this forum. sound least i know where i stand.Is that what we're saying? You don't need to be able to use a PC 'properly' to be able to type a proper sentence using capital letters in the right places. And I hardly know one end of a horse from another but if I get a tip about a horse I do what I can to find out more about it so I have something to bring to the conversation. Otherwise I may as well just pick a nag off any of tomorrow's cards, tell you all that some bloke in the pub reckons it'll hack up and ask for you all to crunch the form for the race for me.

vegyjones
3rd March 2007, 23:22
Also, a lot of people won't bother looking in depth at the Cheltenham racecards until after the final declarations have been made!

racehorse
3rd March 2007, 23:27
Thats not what I was doing. I did actualy look at its form but maybe i am to inexperienced to understand it yet and maybe I was just looking for some expert information from more of the experienced people.
Also last week i put forward a 66/1 selection with my own opinions and not a word said about that when he was placed.

vegyjones
3rd March 2007, 23:29
Also last week i put forward a 66/1 selection with my own opinions and not a word said about that when he was placed.

Well done, nice tip :peeky

racehorse
3rd March 2007, 23:31
ye stay down behind that couch vegy. y I OTTA. LOL

paul183195
3rd March 2007, 23:37
anyone had any positive info regarding shoreacres. runs 5.10 hunt sunday

racehorse
3rd March 2007, 23:43
hey paul this aint the place to be asking questions like that this is a horse raceing forum. you will be told to bugger off and find out yourself . lol.

vegyjones
3rd March 2007, 23:43
or in my case,
just to bugger off! :ooo

racehorse
3rd March 2007, 23:51
:wink

racehorse
3rd March 2007, 23:54
what have you heard about this horse paul have you been following it?

paul183195
4th March 2007, 00:08
just heard hes fancied to run well- i might have a bit of e/w if the price is ok

John
4th March 2007, 00:18

Did you reply to your own post after the race had finished with the result? If you didn't, then that's probably why you didn't get any feedback. Think of how many threads get posted daily, it's difficult to keep track of every single one, and if you don't respond to your own post after the race, it doesn't get bumped to the top of the 'new posts' list and hence isn't noticed.

Godspot
4th March 2007, 00:47
The County Hurdle – wots that they call it? ‘The Lucky Last.’

Sublimity, definitely runs well fresh, ran a good race here last year behind Noland. If he’s 12/1 for both races, it’s pretty obvious which one he represents value in, the Grade 3 H’cap, County Hurdle as opposed to the Grade 1, Champion Hurdle itself. The fact that he is considered worthy of consideration for that race at all makes him interesting in the former. If trainer P J Hobbs goes through with his plan to run Fair Along (who also ran well here last season) in this race as well as the Arkle, I wouldn’t say Sublimity is that well handicapped in comparison. This time last year I’d hardly heard of Sky’s The Limit but he won. 5yo’s have won 5 of the last seven runnings of this race. You can get 16/s about Sublimity(Fr) (interesting that he’s a French bred, for an Irish raider) with Betfred & the same about Fair Along with Paddy Power. This is the last race of the meeting but if Fair Along runs well in the Arkle & Detroit City in the Champion, within the first three races, I can see Fair Along vying for favouritism (who have won 4 of the last 8) by Friday. If he should not run though, so could yours & right now, the pair of them could make for an interesting EW dutch @ the best prices you can get. It wont be long now before bookies start offering non-runner, no bet, so I’ve heard.

Hows about a MAD bet? 4x $1.25 EW doubles, them two with Punjabi & Duty, in the Triumph, h'mmm...:) :)

I writ that little lot within 1/2 hour of seeing your post. Next time you see that chap down the pub, go & shake his hand & tell him 'thanks' from some nutter called GS on your favourite horse racing forum, the kind of chap you could bump into in the pub tomorrow, if he could be so unfortunate. Tell him although he'd highlighted the fact that Sublimity had earned a few favourable, in-running, comments during his recent fair maiden win at Navan, in his Weekender Results section, he hadn't actually transferred these comments to his Computer Racing Notebook. I wouldn't have paid the name Sublimity, a second glance until yesterday but

Sublimity, is exactly the type of lightly but quality, raced & yes! He's still an entire, I was just thinking, he is so well bred I wouldn't have cut his balls off.
He's only raced 5 times over jumps, won two & two Grade One defeats, include 12l's off Iktitaf @ Punchestown & 3 1/2l's behind Noland in last season's Cheltenham Festival, this surely bodes well for some lowly handicap, like the County Hurdle. Even so though, Fair Along is being bigged up by his trainer today in the RP & I wouldn't say Sublimity is so well handicapped.

Whichever race he runs in though & wherever he comes, he has a better profile than today's Grade 2 winner, Bywell Beau & is basically one for any serious Racing Notebook.

A lot of people thought I was a nutter (lol) when I started explaining why Lammtarra was going to win the 1995 Derby during some late-night stop-on in the middle of May. They didn't need a lot of telling who was winning the Arc!

Godspot
4th March 2007, 00:52
Weren't Huntingdon abandoned?

Godspot
4th March 2007, 00:58
Did you reply to your own post after the race had finished with the result? If you didn't, then that's probably why you didn't get any feedback. Think of how many threads get posted daily, it's difficult to keep track of every single one, and if you don't respond to your own post after the race, it doesn't get bumped to the top of the 'new posts' list and hence isn't noticed.

If you remember Racehorse, you had two things going on at once that day & even I got confused.:wink

MattR
13th March 2007, 16:26
hi guys i dont think im giveing out a tip here as such.

anyway i was at a race night last night for my kids school this old fella was proped up at the bar i was getttn a drink and he asks me any joy i laughed and said id have better luck at cheltenham for sure he turned to me and says there is only one horse thats a sure thing at cheltenham this year and its called sublimity .

:yikes:

Godspot
13th March 2007, 16:29
Well, there's one for the Red Blobs:D

wb
13th March 2007, 20:56
Well done racehorse. Buy that man a pint!!

Win2Win
13th March 2007, 21:01
Well done racehorse. Buy that man a pint!!
With your money....yes! :)

wb
13th March 2007, 21:04
With your money....yes! :)

It's sad but true.

I laid the :censored: out of Detroit, but lost more on backing Brave Inca.

Tomorrow's another day.

Win2Win
13th March 2007, 21:05
I made £5 on the cross country race :)

racehorse
13th March 2007, 22:06
:wiggle: thaNKS VERY MUCH MR I WOULDNT TAKE TO MUCH HEED OF UOL LADS IN THE PUB AND RACEHORSE WHY DONT YOU STUDY THE FORM URSELF :D

all is well that ends well i will say cheers to godspot though after his anal of the race i liked sublimity more and with all the hype on detroit city i decided to have a sentimental bet on hardy for my late grandad and my nice 50 ew on sublimity couldnt believe my eyes when i was watching the race today he had an absoloute gallon left in the tank at the last. cheers godspot.:lickme

racehorse
13th March 2007, 22:08
ps guys the wife had me banned from pc for bout the last 2 weeks because of work and stuff so im allowed back on for this week so i hope to contribute some more winners to the site . now where is that oul lad ..................

wb
13th March 2007, 22:09
WOULDNT TAKE TO MUCH HEED OF UOL LADS IN THE PUB

I put my hands up and say well done. Hope you were on.

vegyjones
13th March 2007, 22:10
why are we congratulating racehorse,
it's the bloke from the pub we should be thanking :D

racehorse
13th March 2007, 22:14
hey vegy im the oul lad from the pub im realy a pro punter an thats my cover lol

racehorse
13th March 2007, 22:15
thanks wb i was on i got lucky

samantha1303
14th March 2007, 00:19
Great call racehorse.