PDA

View Full Version : One For Kered

Vic
26th March 2007, 10:14
And anyone else who fancies trying:)

Some simple rules for a system for anyone wanting to make a start at trying it for themselves. This has been profitable for each of the last 10 years, but wasn’t before – and I do not know why that would be.

The results from the start of the 1997 jump season up until 31st Dec 2006 are as follows:

2220 selections, 1066 winners = 48% strike rate ( already you’ll know that if you don’t like odds on runners this wont be for you). 266.75 points profit to level stakes betting at SP = 11.97% profit on investment, not fantastic but not so bad either.
Worst year gave 1.85% POI and best gave 25.12% POI

Staking – maximum 3% of betting bank, and I really do mean maximum. Had you done so over this period, and at SP, a £1000 start bank would have been £473,397 on 31st Dec 2006. Having said that, it wouldn’t really unless you know where you could stake £14,000 on a horse in a race!!

A word of warning – you HAVE to think long term, more than once along this road despite the growth and no losing years you would still have lost 50% of your bank.You have to be prepared for this to happen and still remain focused on your goal, otherwise you will surely fail.

If anyone remains interested in giving it a go here are my rules for this system:

1. Races as uncompetitive as possible – so NH Non Handicap Chase races only
2. Highest chance of success – so Racing Post (you can do it for free on the web site) favourites only
3. Reliability – Geldings only, no frisky colts and no females!!
4. Within Capability – Same or lower class race as last time out (or first race, which is unlikely)
5. Not knackered – Has NOT raced in last 15 days
6. Reasonably raced – No more than 4 previous runs in the current season (remember season in NH racing start mid year), the current seasons runs are clear to see on the RP web site)

This one system alone will not make you wealthy, I run around 40 systems and still have no guarantees of a profit – but I do do this for a living and have no complaints whatsoever.

kered
14th May 2007, 22:06
thanks for this system. Place only betting is working very well for me this year Im fantastic at backing 2nd and 3rds so this weight system is fantastic for that. thought id give an update that im £ 38.25 up this year now and £ 33.25 up since April 1st last year.

kered
14th May 2007, 22:08
I know i said id wait 6 years to come back on here but I love winning so much the Daily Mirror Value scope cloum has taught me that lower weighted horses in jump handicaps are better than higher weighted ones, its obviuos really i guess but before i started reading that cloum I didnt even realise this fact.

wb
14th May 2007, 22:11
How is this one going Vic by the way? May pick it up.

Vic
16th May 2007, 15:31
It's never going to set the world alight like your thread Wayne, but 45-50% strike and 9%+ POI using bettie, it's a fairly steady one to keep in the amoury :)