PDA

View Full Version : Snooker World Championship Preview

youngtag
15th April 2007, 12:35
Well it's almost upon us, and I think I can safely say very few of you care!
Well good luck to you, cause I love the snooker (mispent youth) so look forward to this time of year.

Oh to be a student, wall to wall coverage from the beeb (they've not got much left). That pesky job of mine will get in the way of some hardcore viewing but I'll just have to make do.

Anyway on to the punting, and the draw looks set to play a big part this year. In the quarter of death is O'Sullivan, Ding, Robertson and Day all of whom have the game to win it outright so for punting purposes avoid them early on.

I fully expect both Doherty and Murphy to get to the quarters so advise you to back on bf and trade for your stake when they make the quarters. Hendry looks to have a plum draw as well and should make the quarters too.

If you're looking for a big price Maguire could go well if he gets it together and I really like Day, but unfortunately the draw looks against him, but if he comes through it, he could easily go all the way. Robertson has a fine chance but his odds are no longer attractive enough to tempt me.

Enjoy.

P.S. If Dott retains the title I may have to kill myself. Worst final in living memory last year, I'm praying he goes out early doors.

mathare
15th April 2007, 12:38
That pesky job of mine will get in the way of some hardcore viewing but I'll just have to make do.My job is like that too. In fact they don't even approve of me watching the softcore stuff either :ermmm

youngtag
15th April 2007, 12:47
I know it's political correctness gone mad.

Any interest/views in the snooker yourself?

mathare
15th April 2007, 13:02
I know it's political correctness gone mad.

Any interest/views in the snooker yourself?Not really, but I do like to see a deep screw into the pink :wink

youngtag
15th April 2007, 13:07
Like to see it? Bit of a voyeur.....

bigcumba
15th April 2007, 13:29
Not really, but I do like to see a deep screw into the pink :wink

and for those watching in black and white.... get a new telly you ::swear cheapskate!

youngtag
15th April 2007, 13:44
This thread is cheapening the holy grail of the world snooker championships.

From now on, no jokes allowed or I'll be dishing out negative rep like confetti!!

John
15th April 2007, 14:01
I love the snooker :D and being a poor student in living in Sheffield I'd like to get myself over for a game or two, but that's unlikely this year as I'm too busy. However I'll be watching everything I can! I think Murphy will do well again this year but for some reason my hunch is a Stevens V O'Sullivan final... that's if Ronnie doesn't throw his toys out of the pram. :)

youngtag
15th April 2007, 14:06
Yeah he can be a total gimp at times. Should have a got a hefty fine and banned for at least one tournament for his walkout against Hendry.

Mind you, snooker would be alot poorer for his loss, which is probably why the suits that run the WPBSA swept it under the carpet.

bigcumba
15th April 2007, 14:11
I'd like to see Hendry win another one, just to prove that he's not quite over the hill yet.... can't really see it though. Stevens and O'Sullivan are pretty much the pair I can see in the final as well.

youngtag
15th April 2007, 14:17
If O'Sullivan gets to the quarters he'll be a red hot fav. However he has to get past Ding in the first round and then either Robertson or Day in the second round which will be no mean feat.
It could be good for him though as he will be battle hardened if he makes it through.

piggy
16th April 2007, 18:30
mark selby 40-1 and marco fu 50-1 could be good value as they both have excellent chances of winning thier opening rounds

youngtag
16th April 2007, 21:27
Selby isn't a bad shout, - even though Fu got to the semi's last year, in general he doesn't score heavily enough when he's in the balls.

TooTall
21st April 2007, 23:49
Dott out in the first round thank god

John
22nd April 2007, 00:08
Too true TooTall. Great player that he is, I can't stand him, his voice is rather strange too.

youngtag
22nd April 2007, 12:24
Delighted, he should have been suspended for crimes against snooker in the final last year. Here's to a good 2 weeks.

John
22nd April 2007, 20:15
Delighted, he should have been suspended for crimes against snooker in the final last year.

Whaddya mean? :doh

youngtag
23rd April 2007, 18:18
I mean it was a p iss poor final of which he was 50% responsible and which did the sport no good at all.

Lots of people only watch the final as it is the showpiece of the game....I was obvisously talking somewhat tongue in cheek though.

TooTall
29th April 2007, 00:55
Watched a bit of the Higgins match tonight :yikes: Whats going on with the tables :ermmm it made both the players look likea few of the old boys that play down me local :laugh

Higgins finished the session 6-2 up but still looked very peed off

John
29th April 2007, 04:01
Yeah, both Higgins and O'Brien were having problems with the table. On at least two occasions the ball gained momentum after hitting the cushion. They're re-clothing the tables tonight so hopefully it'll be better tomorrow. Shame Higgins didn't make that maximum but he made an excellent break. I'll be out most of the day tomorrow but I'm looking forward to catching highlights of my favourite player O'Sullivan against Robertson. Should be a cracker!

youngtag
3rd May 2007, 20:58
A decent tournament so far hasn't really caught fire though but good solid stuff without too many long drawn out affairs.

Higgins is looking good but glad a couple I mentioned at the start (Murphy & Maguire) are putting up a good display. Mind you I mentioned half the field!!

John
3rd May 2007, 21:22
I'd be delighted if Selby won it, but I don't think he will.

I see a Higgins/Murphy final on the cards, and would rather Higgins won it because he's one of the most consistently solid players in the game. :)

TooTall
5th May 2007, 23:12
Well done to Mark Selby for getting to the final showed some great fighting spirit. I really hope he goes on to win it now

John
6th May 2007, 03:16
YEAH! :D Hat off to the lad, he's been terrific. Really looking to the final now, it should be awesome. The atmosphere was great in the Selby-Murphy game, I kept forgetting that was "only" the semi. :)

TooTall
7th May 2007, 18:28
:yikes: 12-10 tp Higgins going into the final session who would of thought that:ooo

I dont think the boy knows when hes beat great stuff could be a late one for all the right reasons this year

youngtag
7th May 2007, 18:54
Superb stuff from Selby

Street cry
7th May 2007, 19:58
i am on higgins big at 1.04 come on john :yikes:

Fadetoblack
7th May 2007, 20:12
:yikes:

Street cry
7th May 2007, 20:14
part of me wants selby to win though , he has played so well all week and i cant help but feel his names already on the trophy

Street cry
7th May 2007, 21:12
higgins doing his best to lose this