PDA

View Full Version : Ada's Eurovision Game 2007 - Interested?

TheGoodGuy
4th May 2007, 22:53
Saturday 12th May 2007
Just testing the water here..........

After the totally unexpected success of last year's Eurovision Game, especially the in-running commentary/banter/chat that took place between players & 'spectators' in the thread throughout the evening.....
......is anybody interested in having another go at predicting the Top 5 & Bottom 3 this year, for a 1st prize of a £15 Amazon eVoucher.

If you fancy a go, please post here.

If there are sufficient numbers interested....I will post a game thread containing the participating countries, once the semi-finals have taken place (which is 2 days before the main event - Thurs 10th May)

There are 24 countries taking part in this years final, so…..

1. You will be required to PM or Email me, between the 10th & 12th May,(address to be supplied on main Eurovision game thread) the countries that, in your opinion, will finish in the top 5 AND bottom 3 in the correct order, in this year’s Eurovision contest.
I will therefore require 8 entries from each of you…… 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 22nd, 23rd, 24th.

2. Each player will also be required to submit a tie-break answer along with their main nominations in case of a tie for first place.
The tie-break question is to predict the finishing position of the United Kingdom song in the contest.

The 2007 Contenders:

Click here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/eurovision/2007/contestants/) for this years contenders & watch/listen to their entries.
This will give you a 'huge' advantage (not) when it comes to picking your winners & losers for Saturday's final!!!!!!!

Be aware that the 42 entrants will be reduced to 24 finalists in the semi-final show on Thursday 10th May.

Ada. :thumbs

bigcumba
4th May 2007, 23:03
I'm definitely up for that Ada, it was great fun last year! :)

wb
4th May 2007, 23:07
Me too Ada.

vegyjones
4th May 2007, 23:08
HARD ROCK HALLELUJAH!

We get to hear it again don't we, at the start :D

I'm in Ada! :D

bigcumba
4th May 2007, 23:16
HARD ROCK HALLELUJAH!

We get to hear it again don't we, at the start :D

I've got their latest album... :) and yes they are opening the show in great fashion by the sound of it!

http://www.lordi.fi/main.site?action=news/view&id=41&ngid=2

and if you can't wait to hear it again...

http://www.lordi.fi/main.site?action=siteupdate/view&id=40

vegyjones
4th May 2007, 23:18
excellent stuff! :D

scaaty
4th May 2007, 23:29
Was thinking about this when I caught a bit of Terry Wogan on the Paul O'Grady Show earlier - was going to ask if you were doing the game again this year ! So yes, I'm definitely interested :)

TheGoodGuy
4th May 2007, 23:48
Thanks for your interest so far guys....

I'll probably need you Vegy, BigC et al to plug this over the next week to get a decent amount interested in playing.

I'm sure Iron Chris will want to play to try & retain the WIN2WIN EUROVISION GEEK 2006 award he landed as last year's game winner........but then again......maybe he won't!!!!! :D

Ada.

Iron Chris
5th May 2007, 10:25
:laugh

Yeah, count me in Ada, it gives me two weeks hard study to retain the title...:laugh

sparkyminer
5th May 2007, 10:29
Count me in Ada.
We take our Eurovision seriously in the Sparky household.:)

TheGoodGuy
5th May 2007, 13:34
FYI:

I have added a link to the bottom of the first post in this thread, which will give you a list of all the entries so far & allow you to watch/listen to each country's song.

At the moment there are 42 entries, but these will be reduced to 24 finalists in the semi-final show, which will be broadcast on BBC3 at 20:00 on Thursday 10th May.

The final is on BBC1 on Saturday 12th May.

Ada. :thumbs

markwales
5th May 2007, 13:42
Count me in too Ada.... :D