PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

einherjar
22nd May 2007, 03:08
Hi everyone,

I discovered Betfair a few months ago and have recently been reading a lot about horse racing.

I'm currently paper trading on laying the favourites and am just about to start a new thread in the £1000 mythical challenge. If after a few weeks all is well I might start to risk real money!

I'm also a computer programmer with experience of the Betfair API, so if anyone has any systems that are too time consuming for a human please let me know! ;)

Win2Win
22nd May 2007, 09:02
Hi :Helooo .......good to start with paper trading, good discipline. If you can't make money with paper, then you will only lose real money.

vegyjones
22nd May 2007, 09:05
I started papertrading.

I bought 500 reams of paper especially onlyto realise I had the wrong idea:ermmm

Win2Win
22nd May 2007, 09:07
Vegy writes most of his systems on toilet paper.....as that's the best use for them :D

einherjar
22nd May 2007, 10:35
Thanks for the welcome guys. :)

I have a quck question about forum etiquette. I know from other betting forums that its bad to be a 'vulture', i.e. scavenging other peoples hard earned systems!

If I lay a favourite and it wins, does it still count as an 'attempted scavenge' if I tell everyone the reasons why I layed that horse and then ask where my reasoning wasn't correct, and what factors would have influenced them?

I know this site sells laying systems so I can see why you wouldn't want to reveal trade secrets, but on the other hand I think I may need a little help when my lays go tits up!

scoobydoo
22nd May 2007, 13:13
I started papertrading.

I bought 500 reams of paper especially onlyto realise I had the wrong idea:ermmm

Can I have my awards form back please bigc!!!!!!!!!!!:ermmm

Win2Win
22nd May 2007, 13:19
....I think I may need a little help when my lays go tits up!

Just don't mention tits and you'll be OK :wink

sparkyminer
22nd May 2007, 13:21
Thanks for the welcome guys. :)

I have a quck question about forum etiquette. I know from other betting forums that its bad to be a 'vulture', i.e. scavenging other peoples hard earned systems!

If I lay a favourite and it wins, does it still count as an 'attempted scavenge' if I tell everyone the reasons why I layed that horse and then ask where my reasoning wasn't correct, and what factors would have influenced them?

I know this site sells laying systems so I can see why you wouldn't want to reveal trade secrets, but on the other hand I think I may need a little help when my lays go tits up!

In my experience mate.
If someone posts a system up on the forum. They tend to have no problem with people backing, or laying them. If it's a successful system they're genuinely pleased that other people are also making money.
If you then go posting these tips elsewhere. I think if you give due credit where they're from then that should be okay, but don't go posting details of systems that you have to buy from win2win elsewhere, else you could be in for all sorts of bother. Also I think in the terms and conditions of the forum it says all info on the forum are the property of win2win.

Mods, Keith et al, please feel to correct me on any of the above.:yikes:

mathare
22nd May 2007, 13:27
I think Sparky has it about spot on.

People post systems here (either with or without rules) to allow people to follow them at their own risk if they so desire. If everyone makes money then everyone is happy. If the systems weren't there for following and/or critique they wouldn't have been posted in the first place.

But as Sparky says passing these tips off as your own elsewhere is really bad form and giving away information you have paid for is even worse and you will be punished if you do it. Not that you would, of course :wink

vegyjones
22nd May 2007, 13:31
No, no... it's a definite no no

All the stuff at www.vegysracinginfo.co.uk (http://www.win2win.co.uk) is all my own stuff :peeky

counterfeit
22nd May 2007, 13:40
vegy - you really are a very very naughty boy - keith will have to give some armed forces style punishment :brr or is it :ass2

vegyjones
22nd May 2007, 13:44
::hump :sex1 :Bugger: :position: :wink :D