PDA

View Full Version : Another System Question!

jackster109
25th May 2007, 10:46
Hi guys :Helooo

Another system question for all u experts:wink

:helper
I'm still busy researching systems and I've come across a few systems which show great profits over the years but are not showing any profit this year yet. Most of these systems have shown profits from 1999 - 2006 but yet to show any this year.

I'm currently looking at flat systems on the turf, as we've only really had 3 months of action could this be one of reasons?

Would I'd be better ignoring this year, as just concentrating on the the years with full data?

Cheers

Jackster :D

Win2Win
25th May 2007, 10:50
The most secure way of researching a system is to do 3-5 random years, when finished, run it on the remaining years. If it fails, scrap it, start again, don't make it 'fit'.

jackster109
25th May 2007, 10:56
Would you still ignore the data for this year so far though as there has only been 7 qualifiers this year, when on average theres normally 100.

Another, question do use variables such as age, racelength, runners, position LTO etc. when researching or I am just trying to make the systems fit?

Win2Win
25th May 2007, 11:13
I use the variables I know can influence a system in the real world, rather than just on paper.

As for a system, it can finish 100pts in profit every year....that can be a loss for 11 months of 50pts, and then makes 150pts in December.....

jackster109
25th May 2007, 11:15
cheers keith :thumbs