PDA

View Full Version : Ada's Treasure Hunt - Anyone Interested?

TheGoodGuy
3rd June 2007, 16:21
Anybody fancy taking part in a short (trial) website hopping treasure hunt?

You will be directed to different websites where you will have to answer questions, the answers to which can be found within the site.

The answers to the questions form a code which will allow you entry into the next round.

You will need to access all five rounds as each round contains information that you will need at the end of your journey.

There are five rounds in all, each containing 6 questions, and basically the first person to post the correct information asked for in Round 5 will be the winner.

The first person to post the correct information will win a £10 Amazon eVoucher.

Each Round is in the form of an Excel attachment, so unfortunately those of you without MS Office may not be able to take part.

Let me know if you're interested......

Ada. :thumbs

Fadetoblack
3rd June 2007, 16:22
Yes indeed! Count me in Ada.

bigcumba
3rd June 2007, 16:37
Sounds interesting Ada, count me in as well. :)

markwales
3rd June 2007, 16:44
Yes please Ada :D

GlosRFC
3rd June 2007, 17:06
Aye, me too

Iron Chris
3rd June 2007, 21:18
Sounds good to me Ada...:)

bigmazey
3rd June 2007, 21:20
i'll have a go why not

mathare
3rd June 2007, 21:24
A spreadsheet - count me in! :laugh

scaaty
3rd June 2007, 21:27
Love to have a go if Excel works with OpenOffice - should do, shouldn't it ?

mathare
3rd June 2007, 21:28
Love to have a go if Excel works with OpenOffice - should do, shouldn't it ?Yeah, as long as there's no mega complex macros you'll be sound with it Scaaty

Sandman
3rd June 2007, 22:22
I'll play too!!

TheGoodGuy
5th June 2007, 19:56
OK.......

As this treasure hunt is a 'race' ie, the first person to complete it will be declared the winner.........to give everyone fair notice......

A new "Ada's Treasure Hunt In Play" thread will be posted at 21:00 tomorrow, Weds 6th June, which will contain all you'll need to start your 'journey' & progress through the 5 rounds to the end.

Please bear in mind that this game is probably a bit "rough around the edges" as at this stage I just need to gauge it's potential popularity & plusses & minuses.

I would therefore be grateful for any feedback, good or otherwise, during or after the game, because if it does hold some potential for success, with future tweaks etc, I will start working on another one but on a slightly grander scale.

I personally think that most of the questions are fairly, if not very, staightforward, possibly too easy,with the exception of a couple.

But hey ho, let's see what happens......

Ada. :)

vegyjones
5th June 2007, 20:03
I'm in if not too late!

TheGoodGuy
5th June 2007, 20:14
The more the merrier, Vegy, thanks for your interest....hope you enjoy it.

No registration is necessary.....To take part all you need to do is to watch out for the new thread tomorrow night at 21:00.
It will contain everything you'll need.

Ada.

mathare
5th June 2007, 20:47
How long do you expect the game to take Ada?

vegyjones
5th June 2007, 20:49
Hopefully 3-4 months :D

TheGoodGuy
5th June 2007, 21:14
How long do you expect the game to take Ada?

To be honest Mat, I'm not entirely sure.
Because I know all the answers & where to find them, my instinct tells me that everyone will find the answers just as quickly.
I think that all but a couple of the answers are quite easily, maybe too easily found, which would have to be addressed if I devised another game. But this MAY NOT be the case.

It really is a 'suck it & see' game in my opinion. People may find it entertaining & sufficiently teasing but NOT too difficult, some may find it a big :Blackl1

That's really why some feedback, good or bad, will hopefully be useful.

I haven't actually answered your question, have I? :splapme

An hour.....maybe a bit longer.......maybe a lot longer!!!!!!

Ada.

mathare
5th June 2007, 21:29
An hour.....maybe a bit longer.......maybe a lot longer!!!!!!Ahh, right. I'm out on the :drinkme tomorrow night and maybe Thursday night too. But it's about time I gave someone else a chance to win :D

I'll probably still have a go anyway, if only to offer feedback

TheGoodGuy
5th June 2007, 21:47
An hour.....maybe a bit longer.......maybe a lot longer!!!!!!

I could of course be being a bit optimistic with that quote.
You never know.... someone may zip through it in a matter of minutes!!!

Ada. :)