PDA

View Full Version : Easy Trader Pro

Win2Win
6th June 2007, 18:37
Easy Trader Pro Review

"Learn how to "swipe" cash from the betting exchanges, and steal from the £500/day punters..”

.....Claims the site!

Heard that before haven’t we? :rolleyes: Mostly on Thommo’s tipping ads :thumbs , and a number of others.

So what is Easy Trader Pro (http://win2winltd.etpro.hop.clickbank.net/)?

First off, it is not a betting bot of any kind; it is an E-Book of a trading method. It is based on something similar to a bot I programmed, but from an angle I hadn’t considered before I read the E-Book, so I already knew that in theory the method should work.

Now one thing I must make clear is that you need to use the method in the morning, otherwise don’t bother with it, although weekends are still enough to get some good trades in if you work during the week. You then need to have access to the exchanges during the afternoon to check on any open trades. Somewhere amongst those times, if you have opened a position, you trade out. The E-Book makes it pretty clear how to do this.

The selection process in the morning is not difficult, and no more than 10 variables to check and these quickly dwindle down to potential qualifiers to a handful, so you throw out probably 99% of the days runners without even a second glace.

Everything is explained in simple to follow instructions, but for beginners I strongly recommended reading the E-Book twice before starting, and lay with £2 stakes until you prove to yourself the method is profitable.

So that’s the basic outline, now the important question;
“Is it profitable?” – Yes

“Does it make the money the guy says it does?” – Only if you’re trading in £100’s, and remember, you will NOT profit every trade, nor every day. But it will provide long term profits as long as you stick to the method, and are patient the first few days.

Once you get used to it, you will only take 10-15 minutes doing the days cards to get potential trades.

If you are going to trade though, you really need a bot of some sort. I use Betangel Pro, but Betangel Free can do the basic job. You can also use Bet-IE. Full reviews are here http://www.exchangebots.com . If you try doing it all manually, you may miss out on profits, or end up with a bigger loss than you should have.

A couple of things I need to make clear that the E-Book doesn't;
The 20p charge in Racing Post is no longer in effect, it is now free the information required.
He also does not mention what to do with night racing, I would recommended looking for qualifiers between 2PM-3:30PM.

Now although the main method is what you are paying for, and is worth the money you pay on its own, the guy also offers a bundle of freebies. One is a system on WOM, information on football trades, as well as in-running horse racing, and a few other bits.

If you are new to the exchanges, do not worry, the package includes a guide on how to use Betfair from scratch.

And if that is not enough, the package also contains training videos so you can see everything in motion.

Now to be totally honest, I’d happily pay £200 for this lot, but obviously the guy is a bit of a nutter like me, and is selling it for £47 (Maybe a little more depending on £/$ exchange rates).

Conclusion:

This is an excellent package, well worth the money whether you are a beginner or an experienced trader, you’ll find something useful to add to the portfolio.

Although a lot of stuff is supplied, if you are a beginner, just stick with the main E-Book, Easy Trader Pro (http://win2winltd.etpro.hop.clickbank.net/) first. Once you are profiting from that, you can then move onto the next E-Book. Learn to crawl first. Trying to jump the gun looking for huge profits when learning is the quickest way to lose money when trading. Follow the E-Book advice to the letter.

You can find this products full information and order form via this link Easy Trader Pro (http://win2winltd.etpro.hop.clickbank.net/)

Win2Win Rating: 5/5

Win2Win
26th June 2007, 21:03
Update:
The WOM freebie supplied with this does what it says on the tin.

I've never bothered with greyhound racing, mainly because of the time, and liquidity available for my money :)

But I programmed Betangel Pro through Excel to follow the instructions to stakes that were acceptable for the liquidity, and it makes around £30 a day on average. This is just setting the software to trade £2 profit for each race I set it loose on (It doesn't profit on every race).

It would make more but I often forget to change the race time. It is not something I'd follow full time, but for pretty east trading money, for low risk, and £200+ profit a week it's a good wage booster.

mwilding1981
4th October 2007, 23:50
Hi,

Have been reading through all the posts and yours really interested me. I have the ebook but was interested in that you created a bot which means exact rules although it only has guidelines. Was wondering if you would share what you used as the percentages if that makes sense?

Win2Win
5th October 2007, 08:37
It is not a fixed variable, it is fluid depending on the rest of the market. It actually works well on cricket in-play as well on a number of markets.

mwilding1981
5th October 2007, 10:36
HI, sorry didn't explain myself very well lol. What I meant was in order to have a bot running you must have had the wom set to a specific level and was wondering what you used? Also what do you think the maximum acceptable spread is? Thanks

Bas8178
9th October 2007, 20:59
Hi

Any chance i could get that excel WOM script for betangel?

Win2Win
9th October 2007, 21:06
Write one!

Bas8178
9th October 2007, 21:14
Wouldnt even know where to start!!!

Slowly working my way through the betangel help and tutorial vids. Gotta start somewhere i guess....

Win2Win
9th October 2007, 22:02
2 Years ago I couldn't use Excel. Now I can do most things. 3 Weeks ago I couldn't use PHP/MySql, now I've already re-written 95% of this site to be dynamically updated. Everything is possible if you want it to be. :)

Bas8178
11th October 2007, 13:22
Well, wrote my script, Yow were right Keith it was easy enough.
Giving it a go on the greyhounds tonight...

Fingers crossed

Win2Win
11th October 2007, 13:40
Learning to use Excel, and the VBA gives you more power over other folk using the exchanges, as you can write scripts only you have :) Dummies guide to VBA is enough, only need the first 3 chapters for Betangel.

mwilding1981
11th October 2007, 15:53
Hi Keith, I am wanting to learn to write software to plug directly into betfairs api, would you say VBA is the best, and the dummies guide is the best? I am not a programmer at all.

Win2Win
11th October 2007, 17:06
API :yikes: Even I gave up on that one......no need anyway, already plenty of off the shelf stuff....Bet-IE...Betangel....etc....not a lot more you can do yourself.

mathare
11th October 2007, 17:24
Isn't getting an API developer licence quite expensive anyway?

Win2Win
11th October 2007, 19:42
If you are selling anything, yes.

Bas8178
17th October 2007, 18:44
Just letting you know that the script is going good.Making £50-£100 each night on the greyhounds.Gonna try and be a bit braver and write one for horses...

Street cry
17th October 2007, 19:14
i have just bought vba book and am learning basics hope i van master it !!!

Win2Win
17th October 2007, 20:33
Just letting you know that the script is going good.Making £50-£100 each night on the greyhounds.Gonna try and be a bit braver and write one for horses...

:thumbs A little bit of work, a bit of quick education, and Bob's your uncle.....I'll even give you a wad of Rep.....

Win2Win
17th October 2007, 20:35
i have just bought vba book and am learning basics hope i van master it !!!

It's easier than PHP/MySQL and that only took me 3 weeks :wink, took me about 3 days to get to grips with Excel & VBA, although I already knew VB.NET

Street cry
17th October 2007, 20:47
i know nothing but i'll keep going till i get it

rorgal
18th October 2007, 21:19
Hi folks
ive been following this thread, since i joined a few weeks ago.
i allready have easytraderpro but never bothered using it.
but this programming a bot thing has aroused my interest!
only problem, i know less than sod all about it, so if i could ask a few newbie childish questions, maybe someone could help me ! lol ( without the sarcy comments, i can go to the betfair forum for those:wink )
1 how do i get vba for dummies, is it free, or can you buy it on download ?
2 my pc doesnt have excel, how do i get it ?
3 do you have to use betangel pro, or can you use something a little more inexpensive, like fairbot.
4 can someone come round to my house and do it all for me!? :D
only joking
cheers
steve

tophatter
21st October 2007, 23:57
IM probably not the right person mate to advise as Im not up on the software things but I would imagine the VBA for Dummies thing is available in PC world or somewhere like that or failing that Amazon.

Excel is a spreadsheet that is from microsoft and costs quite a bit. I think you can get other similar formats though for free if you look on the interent.

I dont know the answer to the third question and in answer to the fourth one, if you do find someone then send them round to me when they have finished at yours!

Mavrick
22nd October 2007, 02:10
Excel is a spreadsheet that is from microsoft and costs quite a bit. I think you can get other similar formats though for free if you look on the interent.

Of course I would not do this myself as it is illegal :ermmm, but I've heard that you can just download Excel free of charge using the p2p network "Morpheus":wink

Win2Win
22nd October 2007, 08:37
As you can see with Bas8178, a little bit of effort goes a long way :)

However, you really need to be making money manually at trading before even considering programming a bot, otherwise you have no idea what you are going to program, as the software will only do what you tell it to do, and if you don't know, you can't tell it can you? :)

rorgal
22nd October 2007, 17:15
i'll get my coat !

Street cry
26th October 2007, 20:05
When automating bet angel for trading i set it up to work within 9/1 and evens and to lay or back when the WOM is either at 15% or 85%.
Offset at 1 tick, 3 tick stoploss, 1 sec kill or fill.
I thought that this would give adecent rate of success but it doesn't, i have the WOM configured evenly on each side 34% 33% 33%, should i perhaps have more influence on the innermost columns ????
ie 60% 20% 20% or are these functions simply innacurrate

Win2Win
26th October 2007, 21:32
I don't use the built in functions, I program my own now, but I used to put at least 50% on the middle one, as that was money in waiting, sometimes in the 3rd one, people can bung in a big amount to bugger the bots :)

..and NEVER adjust the figures during the day. Set out what you are doing, and stick to it. Go through the results at the end of the day. If you keep changing them, you never hit the button.

Street cry
26th October 2007, 21:49
Cheers Keith,
I thought that with the liklehood of the false/ghost bets skewing the picture tomorrow i'll adjust to 50 30 20.
Would you say i was waisting my time with this approach and that i should move on to writing a programme or do you think there is still something to be had from it

Win2Win
27th October 2007, 08:42
You've hijacked my thread :D Then again we are selling Betangel Pro now :)

You need to play around with all of it before programming anthing, that way you learn how everything interacts. As with all these things, research is power :)

Also using the same figures on the WIN markets with the PLACE markets will give different results.

Dices
27th October 2007, 21:55
2 my pc doesnt have excel, how do i get it ?
3 do you have to use betangel pro, or can you use something a little more inexpensive, like fairbot.

2- You can use OPEN OFFICE. Its free.
3 - You can use for start the Excel tracking worksheet provided from Betfair.
From Betfair site go to Extras->Betfairlabs->Excel tracking whorksheet.
It uses the betfair lite site so not all the information from markets is available.
Its good for start, to add formulas, test macro etc. I dont know if ot works with Open Office.
In the future you will need a good comercial software with excel interaction.
I currently know:
1. Betangel Pro 299 GBP per year
2. Betting assistant 5 GBP per month
3. Marketfeeder Pro 219 GBP

Hope it helps

Street cry
29th November 2007, 00:27
Hi Guys this is in the main one for keith or math but feel free to ridicule.

When programming bet angel through excel i want to put certain statements in to back horses under 5/1 with requesite WOM.
I am farely new to if statements and i want to add to the following.
=IF(SUM(D7:F7)<SUM(G7:I7),"BACK","")
i want to specify a percentage of 15% for this back bet to go in so........
could i put something like =IF(SUM(D7:F7)/SUM(D7:I7)<0.15,"BACK","")
obviously i will put the rules for the odds in the stake column but is the statement in bold correct for what i want thanks SC

Win2Win
29th November 2007, 10:30
On the medication I'm on at the moment that looks goo goo :ooo

MAT!!!

:D

If he hasn't answered by after lunch, I'll have another peak.....:thumbs

mathare
29th November 2007, 10:42
Without knowing the structure of the workbook and what each of the columns means I can't really see what you're trying to do.

And 15% of what?

Street cry
29th November 2007, 11:16
sorry math i was rather innebriated last night and now i don't know what i meant ha ha ha.
d7:f7 are the back columns on betfair g7:i7 are the lay columns so d7:i7 would be the total money back and lay.
i am basically trying to say if the back money didvided by the whole money available is less than 0.15 aka 15% then back cheers sc

mathare
29th November 2007, 11:44
Personally I would say this is massively oversimplified for WOM trading as you don't have any idea this way of the difference between the best back and lay prices or the money available at each price.

I wouldn't back a horse even under your given WOM conditions where the gap between the best back and lay prices covered a number of ticks, for example.

Nor would I back a horse under those WOM conditions when the lay prices were say 6.4, 6.6 and 7.2 with only £50 at 6.4 and 6.6 and £5000 at 7.2. You often see people trying to manipulate the markets with big bets they obviously don't want matched as they are nowhere near the front line price

Street cry
29th November 2007, 12:03
cheers Math i agree, i am just trying to make sure that the statements are correctly saying what i want them to say before i move on to implementing them and adding all the other requesite data, like placing more emphasis on the inner columns to avoid the ghost bets and ensuring the price gap is only one place etc.
My problem is not with the mechanics of trading just learning how to programme through excel so i just wanted to know if the statement made sense cheers sc

mathare
29th November 2007, 13:04
VBA, is as the name suggests, basic. Just think of IF statements as IF this is true THEN do this ELSE do that. So...

=IF(SUM(D7:F7)/SUM(D7:I7)<0.15,"BACK","")

IF the sum of D7 to F7 divided by the sum of D7 to I7 is less than 0.15 THEN write "Back" ELSE write nothing

D to F are the back columns with G to I the lay columns so assuming row 7 contains the available money at each price then you're summing the available back money and dividing by the total money to back and lay. If this is less than 0.15 then there is significantly more on the lay side so you want to back the horse.

Looks OK to me.

Street cry
29th November 2007, 14:21
cheers math appreciate it

mathare
29th November 2007, 15:29
Throw some test data into the spreadsheet and check it though. Use nice round numbers so you can quickly see what should happen. So maybe £50 each on the back prices and £300 on each of the lays - that should result in a back. Then drop the lay prices/increase the back prices and confirm that the maths is right and that the back string disappears at the point you expect

counterfeit
1st February 2008, 18:56
Does anybody else get a load of emails from Chris at Easytrader trying to sell a thousand different systems?

I get at least 5 emails a week from him.

Win2Win
1st February 2008, 19:28
I never get anything!

mathare
2nd February 2008, 11:10
Yeah, I get a lot from him

Win2Win
2nd February 2008, 11:43
He'll take you off the list if you ask. I think he's been reading too many 'email marketing' ebooks. I only usually send out 1 every 2-3 months on my lists.

Street cry
16th March 2008, 21:22
Well it has been a while about 3 months but i have finally got a workable sheet for trading the horses returns 80% strike and so far a decent profit albeit to small stakes thanks to Keith And Mathare who gave me the impotus and abit of knowledge to get me started. I knew next to nothing about excel vba macros etc but now have educated myself in that area and feel better than if someone had just given me a working sheet that would do the job read the dummies guides and would recommend them to anyone wanting to learn how to automate bet angel

Win2Win
17th March 2008, 12:11
Well done old boy! :thumbs

This is what I always mean by saying you have no easy way to betting profits even if the winners are handed on a plate. The more knowledge you have the more powerful it makes you, and the more weapons you get to profit with.

Street cry
17th March 2008, 13:17
Absolutely Keith and i would emphasise to anyone to build their own bot with sheets and formulas they understand. I look at it a bit like having a car and having to do all the repairs yourself. I know how i constructed my sheets and they are "one offs" with my own work in them. If something tails off i can tweak things to account for it and i know exactly what each bit does.

I have written a greyhound sheet but have only tested it on morning races where the markets appear far too volatile for my sheet to catch em perhaps evening races will be better will have to see. But i feel broader criteria may be needed for the dogs i have adjusted significantly for the greyhounds from horse trading but the markets differ massively.

Cheers for the help Keith and Mathare and have some rep cheers sc

mathare
17th March 2008, 13:57
I would love to be able to do something like this but for me the biggest problem by far is time. I don't have time to develop the bot nor to run it. Things like this are for full-time professionals, unfortunately. Fair play to you SC for getting it all up and running.

I have been plotting other ways to put my own skills to use and to generate profits from them - one of which has been Auto-Sys. A lot of the tools I have created for my own use would probably benefit someone somewhere. I just need to get myself organised and put all these tools in one place really.

redandblue
30th October 2008, 19:52
Hi guys,

I've never bet before, but very interested in this method of making some extra money. As I am totally new, hope someone who is patient can answer some very basic questions:

What is a bet bot? could somebody explain?

If it only profitable when trading £100's, how much money i have to have to start the whole thing?

Can i be profitable using the Betangel free?

The original post mentioned need to use the method in the morning, otherwise dont bother, but also said looking for qualifiers between 2pm - 3:30pm for night racing. So is it ok to just bet on the night racing? If i am not able to bet in the morning (well, not really before 10am), any chance to be profitalbe only do this in the afternoon or evening?

And are we talking about betting on Betfair?

many thinks

Street cry
31st October 2008, 11:33
Betting bots and trading bots are not necessarily the same thing. And some automated tools such as bet angel are not really bots although you can create abot with betangel advanced.

A bot is something that carries out your actions for you and so you may programme in certain market parameters for the bot to use to interprate and execute in the market.
Bet angel basic is atrading tool and you can learn to trade with it on a basic level.

The first thing you need is a PLAN , it is ok thinking about bots and trading and betangel but what are you going to do with all these tools. These things help you but they are only 10% of the equation and as the other 90% is you and if you are ineffective in the markets then all these tools will do is help you lose your money in double quick time !!!!

So for now think about what you want to achieve, obviously profits but how are you going to achieve them ????

I'll talk you through how i would set out as a novice trader or should i say how i would recommend anovice trader should set out.

1 designate capital, take an amount of money which should be small to start with lets say £100

2 decide what your innitial objectives are , you want something that can grow in to a substantial business model so therefore insure scalability. This means you should concentrate on trading favourites pre race.

3 be general to start with, don't get caught up in the hussle bussle of the pre race market in the way a lot of traders do at first or you will end up pointing and clicking at every opportunity and that will be no good at all.
i would suggest you use whatever charts you have access to which at the least will be the betfair graph. Decide which way you think the market is going and then place a SMALL trade and just watch it, give the trade time to breathe but be aware that you may have to cut it if it goes against you. If you can get some software with a Tstop loss then use one and i find that five tick stop is enough to close if the trade goes ill but allows a bit of normal fluctuation at the top of the market.

4 Trade and then move on, once you have closed for a profit or loss move on to the next race.

When you first start trading you will make a lot of incorrect decisions and you will get caught up in markets that do not generally do alot, these are markets i like the least as it does not favour my approach. If you enter a trade that goes against you then you may close and reverse the trade only for the same to happen. all you are doing here essentially is buying too high and selling too low. By only trading once you will avoid this to an extent, as you progress you will learn how to cope with these markets and will use techniques such as market making and reverse offset trades but primarily you should look to follow general trends.

5 Positive expectations are what you need to be aiming towards, you need to get an idea of how often you will be wrong and how often you will be right. If you get half of your trades right and half wrong and you lose the aforementioned 5 ticks per incorrect decision, then you need to make at least 6 ticks for a decent return and apositive expectation. It is hard to record trades when you are trading multiple positions in arace and that is another reason i suggest that you take one position per race as recording one trade per race is easy.

6 Learn the increments and trade accordingly , tick sizes vary for price areas and 5 ticks on a 5/1 fav is far more than a 4/5 fav 10 x more in fact !!!!

If you trade really well on some short favs then you could lose all that trading poorly on just one larger price horse whilst still showing apositive profit of ticks.
Buy familiarising yourself with the tick sizes and the "pro trader points" where the ticks change you will be more efffective.

7 always remain calm remember at first you are recording data as you go and subsequently any silly behaviour will skew your results

good luck SC

Street cry
31st October 2008, 17:17
In light of this recent topic i thought that today i would do a bit of small money trading to show you what is possible.
I used a £50 bank meaning 50 pence tick size and i have uploaded a copy of the betfair statement.

I was busy with fx trades so i only traded afew races but 10% increase of my £50 bank in one day aint bad at all.

Witha bank of £500 that would have given you £50 not bad wages tax free for afew hours £350 on a 7 day week, if anthing i would say that this was poorish trading by my usual standards i could have doubled the total if i was paying full attention but i have 4 screens on my desk and could only give bet angel one of em today.

If you could avge 10% growth per day then within 2 months you would have a bank that could make you aliving froma £50 start with a bit of compounding eh.

I must add that each race was only 1 trade and my positions open for about 5 minutes each so not a massive turnover really but 10 x £50 trades would equal a 1% profit on turnover so you can see the lower margin trading gives, however you can realise that margin on an almost daily basis so that is the (pardon the pun) trade off.

SC

MattR
31st October 2008, 17:55
Great advice here SC. :thumbs I assume those trades today were done using the 5 tick stop loss and 6 tick for closing the trade.

Street cry
31st October 2008, 20:55
Hi Matt,
the trades today were none specific as far as global settings were concerned ie there was no stop or profit take involved. The trading in the main was quite poor as if i had let my positions run i would have doubled the total, however the idea was to show what can be done relatively easily with ageneral view.

I was distracted with my main trading on the financials but after seemingly preaching on the old trading front i felt i better give an example of what i meant so redandblue could get an idea of how things can work out.

redandblue
1st November 2008, 02:29
Hi Street cry,

Thank you soooooo much for the advice.

Good to know that I can start with £100, that's encouraging. and 10% increase is a great earning, I'd be very happy with that.

I read your posts several times, some of the things you said are still ahead of me, i.e. trading favourites per race; 5 ticks, 6ticks; tick size; per race Market etc. well, that shows what a total novice I am. And couldn't find charts on betfair.....

I feel I need some sort of basic training, don't want to keep bothering you for basic questions, so gonna go through the betfair education section, maybe that will help. if you know any good training materials, please let me know.

Where can I get software for Tstop loss you mentioned in your step 3?

I can not access your trading statement, it's the "example trading.bmp" right? if I click on it, I get a vBulletin message saying that I do not have permission to access this page. Any other way I can see it?

So you do financial trading as well? Is it in the same way as trading the horse race? If they are quite similar, do you think I can just start by learning financial trading instead? I feel that at least I am more familiar with financial side of things than horse racing, as I know nothing about horses.

redandblue

Win2Win
1st November 2008, 09:34
Go here http://www.betangel.com/cmd.php?af=315661 .......and you can download Betangel Free from the site to play with.

You have to start with £2 stakes, and play to make pennies first. If you can't do that, it is not worth using bigger stakes.

By the way, it is not easy, and you have to sit at the computer.

Street cry
1st November 2008, 10:07
I will answer any questions you have post them all and i will answer them, however some basic reading will help you and the betangel site would be the place to start.

As for financial trading do not even go there until you have a good knowledge of what you are tackling.

I trade foreign currencies on intraday ranges using all sorts of software and technical analysis. You would need to learn anout every element used in forex before entering in to it as you are so highly leverages you could be wiped out financially before you even know what's happened !!!!!

SMA's , bollinger bands, resistance points , fibonnacci retracements, pullbacks, intraday ranges , channels , ranges these are all things to look up and learn about if you are looking at forex and that is just scratching the surface. For a player with low funds betfair is a safer enviroment than financials so for the time do not consider financial trading.

As for the statement it was basically showing how yesterday i took £50 so traded with a50p tick size and made about £5 trading 10 races on betfair using betangel advanced.

I know it is expensive but with beta ngel advanced you really get what you pay for, there is and in depth users guide and videos to view along with all the great tools.

I must stress though that you need to build your strategy first so ask away and then you will get to where you need to be.

Tick size basically is the amount each tick will win or lose you so and that is one reason bet angel is so good. As i mentioned the different odds ranges have different incremental shifts per price and a 4/1 shot will cost you 10 x more per tick than an odds on shot so. Bet angel can calculate your trading stakes so that every odds change gives the same return which is helpful.

I will try and video some trading for you and talk through what i am doing next week you will get an idea of how things work.

Have to go now as girlfriend had abad car crash last night and there is alot of stuff to sort out cheers SC

redandblue
1st November 2008, 18:09
Thank you guys.

Street cry,
ok no financial trading for me, in fact reading what you wrote about currency trading, SMA's etc. already makes me dizzy. I will stick to the horses. it will be great if i can see you do trading from a video. One question, when you say betfair advance, do you mean betfair professional, the £29 per month one? or there is another package which is even more advanced than the betangel professional?

Keith,
that link you gave:
\r\n20 Day Trial Only £20", "style=\"background: #FFFFCC;padding: 2px;font-size: 10px;\"");' onmouseout='GAL_hidepopup();'>betangel.com/cmd.php?af=315661" target="_blank">http://www. betangel.com/cmd.php?af=315661
if i click on it, nothing happens, if I copy and paste it to a firefox browser window, a Google search result page is displayed. If I paste it into an IE window, 1shoppingcart.com window is displayed. Did I do something wrong? Is it a link to bet angel basic?
Also, is it possible to enable me to view Street cry's trading statement, the .bmp file. I seem don't have permission to access his statement page :-(
And, when you say "you have to sit at the computer", what time of the day we are talking about, and if a race lasts say 2 hours, how much time I should spend on setting up the trades for say 10 back-and-lay combinations?

Thanks

r&b

Win2Win
1st November 2008, 18:15
The forum messed it up!!

http://www.betangel.com/cmd.php?af=315661

TheOldhamWhisper
1st November 2008, 18:16
Just click the word betangel and it will take you to the right page.

Win2Win
1st November 2008, 18:17
Just click the word betangel and it will take you to the right page.
That would be easier :D

MattR
2nd November 2008, 14:26
I would also suggest giving Betting Assistant a try. You get a free 30 day trial with full access to all the features. Also it is only £6 per month to use anyway after that. I find it great and can be linked with excel too, but don't worry about that at this stage, just do £2 stakes as Keith advices to learn. Also (and I'm sure bet angel has the same features if you use that one ) in Betting Assistant you can set a maximum liability/stake to safeguard you making an inadvertent error. Not sure if it's ok to post a link to the Betting Assistant site but if you do a search for ***** software you'll find it.

Street cry
4th November 2008, 17:54
Be selective and keep it simple.

You do not need to turnover huge amounts to make huge profits, admitadley you can put your bank through the market many times per race however by choosing just afew trades per day and managing them appropriatley you can still achieve good returns.

I have attached some trading i squeezed in today to show what i mean.

These trades were entered in to between 20 and 5 mins before the off of each race and involved me using a £3 tick size. This means my biggest stake would be £300 but as i dont trade under even money my biggest single stake was £150.

Thes etrades had innitial parameters that i set of 5 tick styop loss and 20 tick offset so worst case scenario i lose 5 ticks and best case i make 20 ticks, the liklehoood is i close somewhere in between when i feel that the market has plateaued or is not going to go anywhere.

These trades are based on my approach of just one trade per horse/race, i was very selective choosing favourites that were backed through what i felt were obvious resistance points.

The return of about £30 is not mind blowing but the fact my biggest risk at any one time was £150 back bet its ok.

By having a very selective approach you will have more trades right than wrong and this will keep you sound mentally, taking atick here and atick thetre is ok but when you lose 10 ticks in a couple of trades you know you face an uphill struggle but when you know you can recoup quite easily over the next race or 2 you wont take it so hard .

Obviously you have to know the right horses to trade and that only comes with time but by cutting the bad ones off and moving on and running the good ones for a good few ticks then you will make your poor decisions less detremental. In other words when you are right make it very right and when you are wrong get out.

With bet angel professional you can let your trade run and then bring the stop loss down to protect your self. I enter my trade and once it has run on 10+ pips i move the stop to entry point, if it moves down further i lock in afew pips and i eventually move the stop down till it closes the trade or the offset is reached. As i take longish positions i dont get caught up in the frantic prerace mad rush so i can execute my strategy in apositive frame of mind and remain unstressed.

When you build your strategy as well as finding an edge and ensuring scalability make sure you have a process that will not lead you in to a state of panic or anguish.

By choosing your races carefully, trading selectively and maximising your capital you can achieve some very nice percentage returns without taxing the old grey matter unduley SC

redandblue
5th November 2008, 23:33
Hi SC,

Thank you for this.

but I still can not view the bitmap file you attached. :-(((( It still says I don't have permission.

Keith, how can i obtain the permission to view the attachment? I can see there are 5 viewers, why others can view it but not me?

I've been reading Betangel reference menu, hasn't reached the end of the 100 or so pages yet, but thought I understood tick size, stake etc. But
using a £3 tick size. This means my biggest stake would be £300 but as i dont trade under even money my biggest single stake was £150. I don't understand this. Why £3 tick size means £300 stake? and what is trade under even money?

Obviously you have to know the right horses to trade and that only comes with time but by cutting the bad ones off and moving on and running the good ones for a good few ticks then you will make your poor decisions less detremental. In other words when you are right make it very right and when you are wrong get out.

You actually know the horses? I thought the idea of trading rather than one sided betting is that you dont need to know the horses?

I watched some racing through betangel (basic) in the past a couple of days, not much more fun than watch the paint dry to be honest(I wasn't trading, otherwise I am sure I'd be sweating). I was hoping the trade can be done by setting it all up before the race and let it automatically finish?

r&b

Street cry
6th November 2008, 09:21
Hi Red and Blue,
Firstly when i say know the right horses to trade i do not mean you have to actually anything about the horse as regards to form ability etc etc, but you have to be able to have an analysis of the horse with regards to the market.

If you know nothing about the trend of the price or the market in general then how can you trade it ????? so by saying that you have to know which horses to trade you have to develope a better than average idea of which way the price will move.

Right tick sizes.

When you trade on various prices the increments are different !!!!!

So lets say we want to make or lose £3 for every positive tick and subsequently lose £3 for every negative tick.

If you are looking for ultimate compoundability then you want to utilise your resources to the full and therefore you want to use as much of your bank as possible. However you want to be balanced in your approach.

If you designate a £300 bank and subsequently (through staking with tick size) look for £3 a tick bet angel will calculate the stake for each price so.

under even money £300 increment 0.01
evens to 2-1 £150 increment 0.02
2/1 to 3/1 £60 increment 0.05
3/1 to 5/1 £30 increment 0.1
5/1 to 9/1 £15 increment 0.2
9/1 to 19/1 £6 increment 0.5

you can see how that if you just used a flat £10 per trade then you would 5x more ticks on a 3/1 shot than a horse under evens and therefore tick sizes balances things out . i would say not to trade over 3.75 ish anyway as you risk going over "pro trader points" if the trade goes against you which will cost you a faur bit as the incremental shift goes from 0.05 to 0.1 cheers sc

Street cry
6th November 2008, 09:29
PS.

You need bet angel advanced to get automated but you must become adisciplined manual trader first, let me give you a starting point.

You want to prove that you have an edge and if you dont then you need to build one.
start with a £100 bank or less and use tick sizes (that we have previously discussed)
use the graph from betfair to establish a general trend and look for aconcurrence in the market and place your trade accordingly. Use a 3 tick offset and a 3 tick stop and record all your results, this is a simple way of getting going you know you want around a 65% strike rate for a good trading model

Win2Win
6th November 2008, 09:35
You need 15 posts to view attachments......just involve yourself in a few other threads, and you'll be there today. :)

redandblue
6th November 2008, 16:51
Hi, SC,

Thanks.

If you know nothing about the trend of the price or the market in general then how can you trade it ????? so by saying that you have to know which horses to trade you have to develope a better than average idea of which way the price will move.

To know the trend, I should mainly using the chart (candle stick) and the % WOM, right? I've been watching the markets, very difficult to predict the trends. I guess this is the main challenge of making money on betting exchange?

And there are a lot of markets don't have anything smaller than 3.75, so I should just skip onto the next one? r&b

redandblue
6th November 2008, 17:05
Use a 3 tick offset and a 3 tick stop and record all your results, this is a simple way of getting going you know you want around a 65% strike rate for a good trading model

So 3 tick offset will end the trade by putting an opposite bet 3 ticks away when the odds go in my way, and 3 tick stop will do the same when the odds go again me? so, these will be done by betangel. what if the odds stay flat, and do not go anywhere? do I need to stay in this market and manually click on the opposite bet to end the trade? and how many minutes/ seconds before the race start I should do this (I noticed most race start a couple of minutes after the scheduled time)?

redandblue
6th November 2008, 17:06
Keith, thank you for the tips. I will post more today to get qualified.

redandblue
6th November 2008, 17:14
One more question: on betangel basic, the select market option, under Horse racing - todays card, each race seems to have several markets, e.g. Towc, Towc(AvB), Towc(RFC), Towc(Place). What are the differences? which one you guys bet in, and which is more suitable for a beginner like me? I saw Greyhound is also mentioned in this forum, is it also good for me to try?

Win2Win
6th November 2008, 17:18
TOWC - Win only

AvB is Horse A v Horse B
RFC is the reverse F/c
Place - Place only

mathare
6th November 2008, 17:29
The liquidity is much lower on the dogs, I'd stick to UK horse racing

counterfeit
6th November 2008, 17:45
The liquidity is much lower on the dogs, I'd stick to UK horse racing

The liquidity is low but the price fluctuations tend to be enormous so if you get it right (in my case very rarely:headbange) the tick movement can be far bigger than horses; the only problem being of course that you need to trade with much smaller amounts in order to get your bets taken.

It might be a good area to start with just £2 or £3 trades as there are nearly 100 races a day.

redandblue
6th November 2008, 17:57
TOWC - Win only

AvB is Horse A v Horse B
RFC is the reverse F/c
Place - Place only

Still, what do they mean? Should I just study the win only market or i should know all of them? any place i can find reference to read about them?

Street cry
6th November 2008, 18:00
yes if neither closing options fire you'll have to end the trade manually, always close before 60 seconds to the off i know most races go off late but better safe than sorry

redandblue
6th November 2008, 18:11
The liquidity is low but the price fluctuations tend to be enormous so if you get it right (in my case very rarely:headbange) the tick movement can be far bigger than horses; the only problem being of course that you need to trade with much smaller amounts in order to get your bets taken.

It might be a good area to start with just £2 or £3 trades as there are nearly 100 races a day.

Are principal and method of picking up the trend the same for horses and dogs?

Street cry
6th November 2008, 18:15
no there is literally no money available on greyhounds till2-4 mins before the off and thats if you are lucky, there is ahuge spread in the prices and as there is no liquidity moves happen very quickly. Just formulate a simple strategy for the horses first and apply it on all favourites so.

look at the market
look at the favourite
decide which way you think it will go
close trade appropriatley
record result

it doesnt matter if you are not profitable at first use small stakes and try to improve your expectancey.

counterfeit
6th November 2008, 22:30
Just formulate a simple strategy for the horses first and apply it on all favourites so.

That's easier said than done though. I started off using the strategy of taking the early price on one of the market movers (available from numerous websites) and hoping the steam or drift continued. I closed at 3 ticks profit or 6 ticks loss (using a bot). More often than not it worked for fairly small profits but there are usually only 4 or 5 of these horses every day which is not enough if you want to make a living.

My next stategy worked well but I couldn't take the strain. Basically, I was laying horses at 100.0 plus and then backing when they inevitably drift. However, you need a huge pot to cover the initial lay and when one starts to get backed it's squeaky bum time as you have a choice of taking a loss across the board or risk the horse winning. Either way, the stress levels were far too high.

At one stage I even set up my bot to trade based on WOM but I seemed to lose more than win so gave that up within a week.

These days I don't do a huge amount of trading but I do trade on about 4 or 5 races a day where I think the favourite is a false favourite and will probably drift before the off. It's not always successful but it's a bit less strain.

Street cry
6th November 2008, 23:13
It is easy to formulate a simple strategy, however that does not mean it will be profitable.
Your first strategy does not need to be profitable it does however need to be scalable , easy to implement and recordable. Once you have abit of data you can refine your process to improve it.

I find that if you are looking for steamers then you have to ride em out or cut em off i would be looking for 5 tick stop and 20 tick offset on such trades.

Here is a simple starter strategy,

look for favourites under 3.5 and look for a steady shortening on the betfair graph, at about 10-15 mins to the off look for the volume to arrive and then place a back bet witha 5 tick stop and 20 tick offset let the trades either run to stop or profit take or close at 1 min to the off. Trades that breech major resistance points get very very strong support similar to financial markets, by getting on them you can experience great returns. This is also agood method for new traders because you lose regularly :doh
losing regularly conditions you and that is what you need early days.

redandblue
8th November 2008, 16:36
Your first strategy does not need to be profitable it does however need to be scalable , easy to implement and recordable. Once you have abit of data you can refine your process to improve it.

Hi SC, What do you mean by scalable? is that I can in future increase or decrease the stack? and do you record the trade manually or betangel can provide some records?

look for favourites under 3.5 and look for a steady shortening on the betfair graph, at about 10-15 mins to the off look for the volume to arrive and then place a back bet witha 5 tick stop and 20 tick offset let the trades either run to stop or profit take or close at 1 min to the off. Trades that breech major resistance points get very very strong support similar to financial markets, by getting on them you can experience great returns. This is also agood method for new traders because you lose regularly :doh
losing regularly conditions you and that is what you need early days.
Look for a steady shortening is easy, up to a point. but you never know where it is going to go the next minutes. is the graph the main criteria you based on to enter a trade?

Could you explain the resistance and support etc. please, are they fairly fixed at certain points or they are vary for each market and for each horse ?

r&b

redandblue
8th November 2008, 16:44
I started off using the strategy of taking the early price on one of the market movers (available from numerous websites) and hoping the steam or drift continued. I closed at 3 ticks profit or 6 ticks loss (using a bot). More often than not it worked for fairly small profits but there are usually only 4 or 5 of these horses every day which is not enough if you want to make a living.
Do you mind telling me what are the websites that provide the market movers? Thanks.

redandblue
8th November 2008, 16:52
apologise first for this question, but is a favourite the first horse in the market or the one with the smallest odds.?

Win2Win
8th November 2008, 17:27
Shortest odds.....can be more than one.

Street cry
8th November 2008, 17:30
scalable means you can use the process with small and large stakes , some strategies you can do fine witha tenner but £1000 is impossible.

i look for substained support for ahorse that makes new price lows regularly, this is achieveable with advanced charting. One thing i wil say is that it is all about how you manage the trade you are in, i know graphs can suggest that something is going to happen and it sometimes reverses if that happens then get out of the trade but if it continues ride it out.

You can ask as many questions about trading as you want and i will gladly help as with others but their is no substitute for doing it yourself SC

purpletrader
10th March 2009, 10:29
Hi

With a view to learning trading on Betfair, is there any teaching software out there, I believe Bet-ie has something but wondering if Betangel has it?

Thanks

Street cry
10th March 2009, 14:05
Bet angel comes with alarger depth of tutorial info and vids but as far as strategies are concerned you will have to develope your own approach although some of the bet angel vids may help alittle good luck

Win2Win
10th March 2009, 14:06
If you are new to trading you are best going with Bet-IE. Easy Trader Pro does a very good job of teaching the beginner.

However, profits in trading are slow, and is not for everyone, but then you do not know if you can profit from it unless you try. :)

karen
10th March 2009, 21:19
I use 5-HTP, which is used to make serotonin—an important brain chemical regulating mood, behavior, appetite, and sleep.It works wonders for me,100mg 90 mins before sleep.

mathare
10th March 2009, 21:41
I use 5-HTP, which is used to make serotonin—an important brain chemical regulating mood, behavior, appetite, and sleep.It works wonders for me,100mg 90 mins before sleep.Interesting way of trading... :doh

karen
11th March 2009, 00:50
Im not sure whether this can be answered accurately as it appears an element of skill is required and this differs individually I would assume.The question is approximately how much capital would be needed to average 50 pound per day? Let me give a little background about me,as I believe this could be a factor in some type of answer.I am a single mother of two,so the one thing I have in my advantage is time on my hands,Im quite articulate and extremely fast at learning.

Any input would be truly appreciated:Helooo

karen
11th March 2009, 00:53
Interesting way of trading... :doh

I replied in the wrong thread,LOL:yikes:

I was meant to reply here.

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62348

MattR
11th March 2009, 01:13
Im not sure whether this can be answered accurately as it appears an element of skill is required and this differs individually I would assume.The question is approximately how much capital would be needed to average 50 pound per day? Let me give a little background about me,as I believe this could be a factor in some type of answer.I am a single mother of two,so the one thing I have in my advantage is time on my hands,Im quite articulate and extremely fast at learning.

Any input would be truly appreciated:Helooo

It's certainly not an unreasonable target if you are around to trade on every race. Assuming say 18-21 races from 3 meetings then you're only looking for about £3 profit per race. Having said that it's not as easy as it sounds. As to how much capital you'd need that's a difficult one. Obviously the more you have the better, but you could start with anything really and just use smaller stakes. That's probably the best way to start anyway until you get a feel for it. That way any mistakes are not punished by a big loss. Start out and aim for say 30p profit per race and if you find you can achieve that regulary then begin to increase the stakes you are using slowly until you build up to where you need to get to.

Just use caution really as it's all to easy to think it's easy and get over confident and sure enough something will come along and smack you in the face (not to mention the pocket!) :)

mathare
11th March 2009, 10:15
I am a single mother of two...Any input would be truly appreciated:HeloooAnyone else read that as someone looking for some :icon_tong? :laugh

Just me then :peeky

Win2Win
11th March 2009, 17:26
Anyone else read that as someone looking for some :icon_tong? :laugh

Just me then :peeky
Wash your dirty mind out with soap! :rolleyes:

Street cry
11th March 2009, 18:36
it is quite hard to make £50 a day but some make 10 x that a day for me betfair isn't liquid enough for my style of trading but £50 a day should be doable for you with a 1-2k bank

purpletrader
12th March 2009, 09:06
Hi Street cry

I'm just starting out Betfair trading the same as Karen.
Which markets are best, if Betfair is not liquid enough? If your talking about financial, are they difficult to learn and more importantly are we more likely to get burnt.
Are there any good training programs out there for beginners?

Street cry
12th March 2009, 09:50
As far as training programs are concerned i would say no there aren't, learn the basics ie stop losses and abit of chart reading and then practice practice practice with v small amounts. However do think about your end goal you need to be trading favourites oither wise you will never be able to use large stakes .
I was refering to betfair when i said i didn't feel it was liquid enough for me but tha's my opinion others would disagree

mathare
12th March 2009, 10:15
From my dabbles in trading it has always seemed like a lot of work for not that great a return. I'm only a novice trader (and rarely bother these days) but it takes time to watch a market, see which way things are going, get the bets in and then trade out. Sure, some of that can be automated but setting that up also takes time and effort, especially in double-checking that it works as expected.

With work I don't have time to trade during the week and no longer have the enthusiasm at weekends.

purpletrader
12th March 2009, 11:04
Thanks guys

So do you think it's worthwhile trying to make a living on Betfair? I fancy working from home rather than commuting and being told what to do etc...
I really enjoy betting on sports etc and would love to do it full time.

mathare
12th March 2009, 11:32
So do you think it's worthwhile trying to make a living on Betfair? I fancy working from home rather than commuting and being told what to do etc...It can be done, for sure, but I'd say there are better ways to do it than trading.

I really enjoy betting on sports etc and would love to do it full time.There you go, do that then. Take some time to research various sports and look for winning angles. Investigate horse racing systems and try to develop some of your own. Read race form, specialising in a certain category of race (3yo races over 1m on the flat, for example). Look at football, darts, golf etc and try to find what makes a winning selection. Develop a sports portfolio that gives you a good chance of winning, get your bets on each day and be done with it. Much better, in my opinion, than sitting at a PC all day trying to trade for a few quid.

MattR
12th March 2009, 11:52
Look at football, darts, golf etc and try to find what makes a winning selection. Develop a sports portfolio that gives you a good chance of winning, get your bets on each day and be done with it. Much better, in my opinion, than sitting at a PC all day trying to trade for a few quid.

Totally agree with all that Mat. Purpletrader, if you are in a situation where you can afford to give it a go then go for it. Set aside a bank that doesn't need to be dipped into for bills etc, and a time period you can afford to test it out. It brings its own pressure when you know you have to make the money to live on rather than as a fun pastime/hobby and that's why as Mat says it's good to have a portfolio of sports or at least markets within a sport.

I also like to have more system bets than anything else. For example, over time I have developed a set criteria for football match odds where I use stats and if the stats meet the criteria then the match is bet on regardless of whether I may think hmm, not sure, or whatever. Another thing to do is minimise 'fun' bets. By nature they are fun, such as having a tenner on a live game for a bit of interest in it, but really if you are doing it for a living then you shouldn't be having these.

One thing I am trying to get an angle on is Golf. There is so much trading potential there, even if you take 4 or 5 players pre tournament it only takes one to be in the frame to potentially green up a big profit. The only problem is with 150 players or so it's not easy to pick who.

mathare
12th March 2009, 12:01
One thing I am trying to get an angle on is Golf. There is so much trading potential there, even if you take 4 or 5 players pre tournament it only takes one to be in the frame to potentially green up a big profit. The only problem is with 150 players or so it's not easy to pick who.I have never played golf nor had any real interest in it but despite that I can see there are profits to be made. A lot of players start at decent prices of 40/1+ and finish in the frame so are worth backing each-way. The only problem is you get a lot of dead-heats in the places but even so a profit can be made. And the stats are available if you look for them. Who's done well on a given course? Does the course favour players with long drives or better short play? Thinks like drive length, greens in regulation etc can all be found on the web if you look around. Look around for players who are noted as having recent surgery or changing their swing, clubs etc too. Look back to see why a player won an event (or why another player didn't) and use that to help guide you in picking future winners.

If you put the effort in you'll reap the rewards. I don't know what sort of timescales you have in your head for giving up work and become a full-time gambler/trader but you're looking at years rather than months. Treat gambling research as a part-time job now, putting in the hours at weekends and evenings where possible. As you learn more and make profits from that knowledge you can scale back your day job and make the switch to going full-time on the gambling - hopefully!

counterfeit
12th March 2009, 13:02
There is a poker player called Ian Cox who makes his living on Betfair. He knows golf inside out so works out the book for each tournament and bets/lays accordingly. He has been doing this full time for 6 years so it can be done but you really do need to get inside the sport you want to make money on. Having said that, you really don't need to know anything about horse racing to trade on it if you just follow the money on the favourites.

It's never gone well for me trading on favourites as I always seem to get in at the wrong time but other people seem to manage it.

purpletrader
12th March 2009, 22:49
Good suggestions here, Thanks.

Any ideas for auto betting so I can get a constant trickle of profits ( large or small )
My first thoughts are betting on soccer, which I have good knowledge of. I will try to get an angle. Maybe look at sports like tennis which due to having only 2 results ( no draws) should cut out losses?
I have Betangel and I'm now watching Peter Webb videos, he seems to do well!

counterfeit
13th March 2009, 09:17
I read a blog yesterday on the Betie site about darts trding and tried it last night watching the Taylor v Mardle match and made £28 in less than 3 minutes. I only wish I had been watching the bloody darts all night, instead of catching the last match.

Anyway, I think the valuable lesson I learnt was that there is plenty of liquidity for trading on sports outside the mainstream (at the time I traded there was over £450k matched) if you look around.

There is a well known tennis trading system available. I have no idea how it works but if it is as easy to work as the darts trading then it might be worth looking into as there always seems to be some tennis tourney on the go and the liquidity seems good.

Purpletrader - as for auto betting the best things seem to be Betangel, Betie, Marketfeeder Pro, Bet Trader and GHB. I use 2 of these and could recommend them but everybody has their own preferences.

purpletrader
13th March 2009, 09:57
I have a tennis system, which may be the one you mentioned. It requires a live TV feed, but no matches appeared to be on the the usual sport channels at the moment. I think a internet feed would probably delayed. Does anyone trade cricket as we are now approaching the season and with matches all day long it would seem a good sport for trading. I will have a look at the darts log when I finish work tonight. It's 9am and off to work and will be back at 11.30pm, no wonder I want to quit!

Thanks for the help.

counterfeit
18th March 2009, 10:35
Purple - there is live tennis on Sky and Eurosport today. If you get a chance try your trading system with paper money.

purpletrader
18th March 2009, 11:00
Thanks counterfeit.
Working tonight so may miss it, I will have to upgrade the Sky package to all sports channels as only sports 1 at the moment. I see sky have cricket during the early hours as well. I know bugger all about cricket but hear it's a good trading platform, does anyone trade the cricket?

mathare
18th March 2009, 11:11
does anyone trade the cricket?I used to trade the test matches but haven't done so for a while.

MattR
18th March 2009, 11:27
I did a fair bit of tennis trading a couple of years back during the grand slams. Found it quite a rollercoaster ride and had some big losses and big wins. Came out in profit each time but it was a bit hairy. That being said I didn't have any kind of system or set stakes in mind back then and so there was no real structure to it, just trading with the flow of the game. There's potential for big swings either way that's for sure.

mathare
18th March 2009, 11:28
I think the Premier League Darts on a Thursday night is another that can be traded quite successfully too

purpletrader
18th March 2009, 11:35
So much to learn - So little time!

MattR
18th March 2009, 12:06
If you don't mind me asking, what's the tennis system that you have mind to use?

purpletrader
18th March 2009, 12:13
Tennis trading league. It's had good reviews.

counterfeit
18th March 2009, 12:53
Is that the Patrick Ross system? His is supposed to be the bees knees.

As for cricket trading then the only thing I would say is that the test matches last up to 5 days so sometimes the match odds move very slowly. One day games will move quicker. Also, there are plenty of other markets in the test matches to trade.

mathare
18th March 2009, 13:13
As for cricket trading then the only thing I would say is that the test matches last up to 5 days so sometimes the match odds move very slowly.But there is a decent strategy that can be used to make use of the slow moving match odds markets. Let's just say the market can overreact to key events and you can make a decent profit on day 1 and not have to worry about the rest of the game.

Win2Win
18th March 2009, 14:10
The slower it is, the easier to profit. :) You have a lot more time to analyse the trends.

counterfeit
18th March 2009, 19:22
I'm not disagreeing - it's just that you might have your money tied up for longer waiting for the odds to move your way.

I'm used to betting against England as the odds are ridiculous but it sometimes takes a while to trade out.

purpletrader
19th March 2009, 11:04
Yes, it's Patrick Ross. I'm trying to digest the the system at the moment. I have some time off work soon and will be able to test it. Also set up the sport channels. Basically you are watching a live match and trading when a player scores certain points. The key is to bet/ trade before the price moves on betfair, this takes advantange of the time delay between live TV and online feeds. Fast reactions are required!

Floopy2009
1st May 2009, 17:04
Hi there does any one have a copy of Easy trade Pro i could read, been having a nightmare trying to get it off the required site for weeks but with no joy, more than happy to give someone tenner or two if they could help me out.

Floopy2009
3rd May 2009, 14:08
So i take that as a no then

Bohhhhhhhhissssssssssssssssssssssss

TheOldhamWhisper
3rd May 2009, 14:34
So i take that as a no then

Bohhhhhhhhissssssssssssssssssssssss

It is a NO - and must always be a NO on this forum. The forum owner cannot be seen to condone what is tantamount to theft of someone else's software.

Win2Win
3rd May 2009, 20:02
Just buy it, read it, and ask for your money back if you don't like it, you have 8 weeks to do that. However the method still works fine, and those that say it doesn't on other sites know little about trading and how it works.

Floopy2009
4th May 2009, 09:39
Well i have tried that but click bank is a nightmare and it keeps on rejecting all my cards and paypal, i might try it from another pc

Maybe the feds are after me lol

Where in N.Wales are you from Chief only asking as i live in that neck of the woods

BULL1DOG
5th May 2009, 11:24
A little help required pls.Having looked at the Bet i.e website, I am drawn towards this because it gives you the learn function and also has a one off fee.

What I would like to do is back a horse before the start and then (Hopefully ) lay it at a lower price in running and then green up.

The question is which of the software products would be most suited. Bet ie, Beta Angel or Easy Trader Pro.

The system I've been playing with seems to produce more near misses than winners.I am hoping I can profit from this some how.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do an here, I lurk a lot and enjoy some of the banter that appears on here from time to time.

Thanks in advance for any help that is forthcoming.

Street cry
5th May 2009, 11:39
bet angel would be best by far IF u feel u can use that strategy to good effect, it is far too volatile for my liking.

easy trader pro isnt a piece of software it is simply a system ie set of rules for selecting ahorse in the morning that will shorten throughout the day .
Bet ie offers as u say a one off fee but is not as good as bet angel

BULL1DOG
5th May 2009, 12:07
Sorry my mistake I meant Bet trader not easy trader pro :splapme

Win2Win
5th May 2009, 12:11
Bet-IE is fine for that, however I do not recommend letting any open trade go in-running. You already fight the odds to get a successful trade, and by letting it go in-running you are adding even more variables against you.

In & out before the race within seconds is the best way.

BULL1DOG
5th May 2009, 12:19
Thanks for your input will take on board what you have said.

Probably try the betty software in learn mode and see if I get a result.

Street cry
5th May 2009, 12:56
learning mode for me is pointless on sports markets as a lot of it revolves around getting a "fill" and you get no indication of this in learning mode. The whole reason i jacked in with betfair related markets is teh fact i couldn't get matched. It's best to use real money and keep it small building up slowly

karen
31st July 2009, 20:10
Has anyone else got emails from chris advertising easy pro trader 2 that will be launched on august the 4th? If so what do you think??

Win2Win
31st July 2009, 20:46
Has anyone else got emails from chris advertising easy pro trader 2 that will be launched on august the 4th? If so what do you think??
No idea till I get a copy, but it adds a few extra bells and whistles to the original.

mathare
31st July 2009, 22:39
I get dozens of emails from him peddling all sorts of crap. I won't be rushing to buy Easy Trader Pro 2

karen
31st July 2009, 22:49
I get dozens of emails from him peddling all sorts of crap. I won't be rushing to buy Easy Trader Pro 2

Thats what im thinking.I dont want to waste money.I got kind of got tricked to buy another product when I purchased easy pro,saying it was on special offer price.Then afterwards I checked the site it was the same price,this is all about a week ago,LOL.

He is a good guy,but you get the feeling he made most his money from these products.

counterfeit
1st August 2009, 07:44
He is a good guy,but you get the feeling he made most his money from these products.

Is he?

He came up with a good system a few years ago but has since been peddling all sorts of crap.

I'd prefer to reserve judgement on whether he is a good guy as 95% of my experiences with him are pushing rubbish at me.

Win2Win
1st August 2009, 08:59
Then afterwards I checked the site it was the same price,this is all about a week ago,LOL.
This is normal marketing strategy, just look at DFS on the TV!

Is he?

He came up with a good system a few years ago but has since been peddling all sorts of crap.
He's monetizing as much as he can from Clickbank, nothing really wrong with that apart from as you say, it has ruined his credibility. As you know, I only mention products that I thoroughly test myself, and the basic principles of ETP still hold today. The problem with all gambling product, 95% of people what fast profits, and you certainly are not going to get them as a beginner at trading.

mathare
1st August 2009, 09:16
The first email I saw on ETP2 said something along the lines of "Betfair trading is dead!" I read it out of interest and was intrigued to see it was someone peddling the follow up to a trading system. So it's a new trading system yet trading is dead?!? And what has changed so significantly to kill some of the sensible principles in the earlier ETP? Nothing!

Win2Win
1st August 2009, 09:18
I must make money by mistake then when I trade :doh

He really needs to do a marketing course, instead of following the black hat money grabbers. :splapme

counterfeit
1st August 2009, 09:55
I don't make a huge amount trading but the principles don't seem to have changed much to me in the past 2 years since I first read up about it. Just because my skill level hasn't increased doesn't mean the theory is wrong so anyone who says or thinks trading is dead must need more teaching in the finer arts than even me.

jpw1010
2nd August 2009, 17:42
Hi

Just found this thread, thought i'd shed some light.

Programming a bot for yourself is not hard as you just need to learn the basics, but programming a bot for sale is very difficult becuase it has to be o/s stable and Betfair require it to be 100% secure with the users data, as it will go through their securty verification checks.

Just open up Excel and learn the vba basics and you can program your self made system as an automation and don't need to worry about the complicated stuff as only you will be using it.

Also on the what bot front. I used Betangel and bettrader but then moved onto ***** BA, for football trading. I did use fairbot but got fed up of the crashing. But have since started using betpod with ***** as backup as can have both for £10 per month. This works for me but i only trade football and cricket.

karen
8th August 2009, 15:50
well this is what this guy thinks of chris,LOL....

########################

Win2Win
8th August 2009, 16:49
I deleted that link Karen it is nore marketing spin (use it myself :rolleyes:), say something is crap and sign up for a free report, I then get your email address and can sell you even more crap :splapme

fastone87
27th April 2011, 16:55
hi!

anyone still useing this system? im thining of doing a spreadshet for his WOM system if it still works ofc? i have traded on horses and greyhounds before but never used a spreadshet so i think i have so work ahead of me :) any quick guides out there for a excel noobie? is vba for dummies still the best one?