PDA

View Full Version : BOXING - hatton vs castillo (no PPV needed)

presto
22nd June 2007, 17:47
If anyone wants to watch the fight you can get it on setanta sports 1, as opposed to PPV - I am not a subscriber to the setanta package i hear you say, don't worry - setanta sports 1 is free (for a short period i think), no sign up etc... needed.

however you can't get it on sky - only on a freeview box.

presto
24th June 2007, 00:45
anyone watching this? it appears to be working :) - sky scrambled it @ 12 - but still working on freview. it just seems so stupid to put it on a PPV when it's free :doh - unless they scramble it as soon as i open another bottle of plonk :splapme

Fadetoblack
24th June 2007, 03:59
Some left jab

presto
24th June 2007, 11:59
havn't seen it yet - freeview did scramblee the fight :mad:

mathare
24th June 2007, 12:02
Not seen it either but from the reports I have read Hatton was brutal. A body shot took Castillo out and he admitted that it was a great punch that stopped him breathing which is why he couldn't get up again from it.

Hatton v Mayweather now?

presto
24th June 2007, 12:17
would love to see hatton vs mayweather next, - i reckon hatton would beat him. theres plenty of big fights out there for him now - i think he will have to move up to welterweight though where mosley, cotto, magarito, mayweather possibly de la hoya or gatti, are all superfights for him. Nothing left at light welterweight for him, Malignaggi for the IBF could be an option at light welterweight, but a move up would be the thing to do.

mathare
24th June 2007, 12:19
Ladbrokes have opened up a market on who Hatton fights next:

Miguel Angel Cotto 3/1, Paul Malignaggi 4/1, Shane Mosley 5/1, Junior Witter 6/1, Floyd Mayweather Jnr 7/1, Jose Luis Castillo 8/1, Souleymane Mbaye 12/1, Vivian Harris 12/1, Ricardo Torres 12/1, Demetrius Hopkins 12/1, Arturo Gatti 14/1, Zab Judah 20/1, Kosta Tszyu 100/1 - Others on request.

Fadetoblack
24th June 2007, 13:07
Hatton looked in some shape. Would you believe the missus stayed up to watch it with me. (I came in from work at 2 with a bag of ice! :D)

A short but enjoyable fight.

mathare
24th June 2007, 13:13
Would you believe the missus stayed up to watch it with me. (I came in from work at 2 with a bag of ice! :D)You sure know how to show the girls a good time :laugh