PDA

View Full Version : Against the Chile Peppers

Merlin
7th July 2007, 13:59
DATE: 7th July 2007
TIME 20.50 Local Time:
TEAMS: Brazil v Chile
VENUE: Estadio Olímpico Luis Ramos, Puerto la Cruz Venezuela.

Brazil
I am reaching for the clouds, hands held high – pointing due-north in submission. I declare this to be the worst Brazil team in more than 3 decades. Despite finishing group second, and positioned nicely needing only 2 victories to contest the final, it is a hopeful situation and by no means foregone.

Coach Dunga keeps stressing that comparisons should not be made, he reiterates that he is building for the future.

Has Senhor Dunga not realized in order to build a magnificent palace , one needs more than solid foundations – you need the tools, the materials, the skilled tradesman – I suggest he spends some time watching some Serie A matches in order to address the latter.

Of course, the samba boys have already beaten Chile in this competition, but can they muster the performance necessary to do so again?

Yellow and green possibles:

[12] DONI
[13] DANIEL ALVES
[4] JUAN
[3] ALEX COSTA
[6] GILBERTO
[8] GILBERTO SILVA
[5] MINEIRO
[7] ELANO
[20] ANDERSON
[11] ROBINHO
[9] VÁGNER LOVE

Chile

The Chileans qualify as best third place team, despite suffering a 0-3 defeat by the Brazilians; they earned a goalless draw with the Mexicans and beat Ecuador.

Chile certainly have a chance in this game, as that 0-3 loss they suffered has subsequently flattered the Brazilians. However, if they are to win, I do feel that they will need to score first.

The Chile peppers possibles:

[1] BRAVO Claudio )
[2] ORMEÑO Álvaro
[5] RIFFO Miguel
[4] FUENTES Ismael
[15] CONTRERAS Pablo
[19] JARA Gonzalo
[17] SANHUEZA Arturo
[18] MELÉNDEZ Rodrigo David
[11] GONZÁLEZ Mark
[10] VALDIVIA Jorge
[8] SUAZO Humberto

Analysis

Despite all the stats, and indeed, the last result between these two teams pointing to a samba victory, in a one-off game like this quarter-final it could really go either-way. However, I do think the Brazilians will win it – but not convincingly, and not by a hatful of goals either.

The Brazilians, lose the ball far, far too easily, notwithstanding on-times, give it away! Bearing this in mind, in addition to their weak defense shambles, the Chileans ought to find an opportunity to score.

To be frank, I am not going to recommend a bet on the Brazilians, not least because they are a best priced 1.40 (we would have to be stark-raving to take that). The game could go to penalties, and if it does, the Brazilians will be favorite.

Prediction
Brazil, once mighty and the best
Struggle,struggle to beat the rest
The days of beautiful footy, fast
Are days gone-by, in the past.

The game today, they may well win
But @ 1.40 the bet’s a sin
The cash is on Little Robin, the rookie
Lets rely on him to bash the bookie.

Bet

Take Robinho to score anytime @ 2.38 with BET 365 (as low as 1.83 with Coral)

As a side bet , take under 2.50 goals @ 2.20 with Sporting Odds