PDA

View Full Version : Hello

vegyjones
30th July 2007, 11:19
Nice forum!

Hope to become an established member one day!

:waver

jonahjones
30th July 2007, 11:22
Nice forum!

Thought you'd been stuck underwater at Brisbane Road!

A warm welcome to the forum. :)

scoobydoo
30th July 2007, 11:45
Welcome back Vegy...been quiet(er) without you! :D

Win2Win
30th July 2007, 11:47
Taught u wuz banned :D

bigcumba
30th July 2007, 11:56
There's only one Vegyjones....

bigcumba
30th July 2007, 11:57
Nice forum!

I thought it was well established that you were a 'member' anyway Vegy!

Welcome back!:thumbs

sparkyminer
30th July 2007, 12:00
Are you firmly ensconsced in the new residence yet?

Merlin
30th July 2007, 12:05

Community care...

mathare
30th July 2007, 12:07
Nice to see you back Mr Jones :D

vegyjones
30th July 2007, 13:16

Not quite.

An accident delayed things somewhat.
However, should hopefully be sorted in a couple of weeks time.

vegyjones
30th July 2007, 13:17
Many thanks for all you well wishes and welcomes back :)

piggy
30th July 2007, 13:42
:yikes: oh no it's the jones boy

sparkyminer
30th July 2007, 13:44
Not quite.

An accident delayed things somewhat.

To whom? Yourself? Mrs Jones? One of the vegetables? The new residence?
Come on Mr Jones, explain yourself.

vegyjones
30th July 2007, 14:14
To whom? Yourself? Mrs Jones? One of the vegetables? The new residence?
Come on Mr Jones, explain yourself.

Well, it's quite difficult to explain actually,
as I was at fault for it.

We had the removal men come round Saturday morning.
They filled 2 vans, and I told them, I'd handle the rest.

My mum and dad popped round later to help me move some stuff.
While my dad and I were taking some stuff round to the new place,
my mum fell down our stairs.

She was in Hospital until Tuesday when things took a turn for the worse
and she died that afternoon when they took her breathing apparatus off.

I can't help but blame myself, eve though my dad has told me to stop,
My head is full of what if's and if only's.

To make matters worse, there will be an inquest. The hospital were treating her for a suspected heart attack and according to the coroner she had a fractured skull which they missed. I don't know whether this would have made a difference to her being kept alive, but it's all very unsettling at an already difficult time.

Funeral's on Thursday.

I don't want to make anyone else feel difficult, so please carry on as normal,
the usual insults will help me get back to feeing some semblence of normality again. :)

Dad's coping okay by the way, in fact every one is coping better than I thought they would. My auntie's probably the worst affected at the moment.
But I suppose it can take a while before the effects start to show.

sparkyminer
30th July 2007, 14:19
Crikey:(
Please accept my most sincere condolences mate.
I don't really know what to say. What desperately sad news.

vegyjones
30th July 2007, 14:22
Please accept my most sincere condolences mate.
Thanks Sparky.

Don't really know what to say or do myself.
First day back at work today, and I just feel like I'm making everyone feel awkward!

Merlin
30th July 2007, 14:26
:yikes:....holy crap.....so sorry mate.....

vegyjones
30th July 2007, 14:28
Much apreciated Merl.

peza2605
30th July 2007, 14:32
deepest sympathys veg.

vegyjones
30th July 2007, 14:36
Thanking you Peza.

Indeed,, I appreciate all your sentiments.

And special praise to Mat, whom I texted the other day when I couldn't really speak to anyone else. Very kind of you sir to be a shoulder to lean on!

scoobydoo
30th July 2007, 14:55
OMG Im so sorry Vegy, hope youre alright mate, in the circumstances I know. My thoughts are with you Veg. :)

vegyjones
30th July 2007, 15:22
Thanking you SD!

Win2Win
30th July 2007, 15:28
The worst part of any death is the "What if", concentrate on the good times, and deal with the rest later when the shock has reduced.

Take it easy mate.

mathare
30th July 2007, 15:43
And special praise to Mat, whom I texted the other day when I couldn't really speak to anyone else. Very kind of you sir to be a shoulder to lean on!No worries mate, any time :thumbs

presto
30th July 2007, 15:45
sorry to hear that mate, you have my deepest sympathys.

MattR
30th July 2007, 16:31
So sorry to hear that Vegy.:( Condolences to you and your family.

yerotsluap
30th July 2007, 16:40
Like everyone else vegy my condolences to you and your family

jonahjones
30th July 2007, 17:37
I really don't know what to say Gary. You have my deepest sympathies.

Things like this really put your own "troubles" in perspective.

Hope everything goes as well as it can on Thursday.

bigcumba
30th July 2007, 17:54
Blimey mate that's awful. I can only echo all the good wishes and condolences from everyone else. I know that when I lost my mum it didn't really sink in properly till the funeral... that was by far the toughest part of it all. After that it's all a matter of taking time out to grieve properly when you need it while you try and get on with the normal day to day stuff. There will be plenty of times when you'll feel like crap, or even have a wee laugh to yourself, as something triggers off a fond memory. You'll be in my thoughts on Thursday mate, though I won't be around here for a few days as I'm popping up to Scotland to see my dad for the weekend.

wb
30th July 2007, 18:10
Jesus mate, sincere condolences. Don't know what to say only echo what Keith said - Don't be thinking 'what if' as it is just one of them horrible things that happened unexpectedly. Feel free to email if you want to chat or anything. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Best of luck Veg.

TheGoodGuy
30th July 2007, 19:26
Jeez Vegy......

I just don't know what to say that hasn't already been said by everyone else.
My sincerest condolences to you & your family.

Kind regards,

Ada.

piggy
30th July 2007, 19:36
i can only add my own condolances vegy, you know we are all thinking of you and your family.

Fadetoblack
30th July 2007, 21:02
Sorry to hear that Gary mate. Don't blame yourself, you know deep down that it wasn't your fault....blame is just giving you something to do at a time when you're feeling a bit empty and lost.

By the sounds of it you've got a good family around you...I hope you all get through these next few weeks okay.

D

John
30th July 2007, 21:11
Gaz,

Extremely sorry to hear that mate, that's dreadful.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

Let me know if you need to chat on e-mail/MSN.

sjones
30th July 2007, 21:24
Very sorry to hear that Vegy. My thoughts are with you and your family. You know where I am if you want to chat.

Iron Chris
30th July 2007, 21:25
Was thinking of sending you a text today mate to see if everything was ok with you not being around recently.

Can't really add much to what has already been said by everyone else other than to pass on my condolances and to say that I will spare a thought for you all on Thursday.

markwales
30th July 2007, 21:36
So sorry to hear the news buddie, take care of the family, and you'll all come through it together.

Oh, by the way, consider your stable taken care of with max training and the best gallops ever - courtesy of me :D

All the best for Thursday, you know too well that all our thoughts will be with you and the family.

samantha1303
31st July 2007, 01:45
So sorry to hear your sad news Vegy.
Take care of yourself .

scaaty
31st July 2007, 01:53
This is so awful Vegy, I'm so very very sorry ... words are totally inadequate. My sincere condolences and best wishes to you and your family and along with everyone else I'll be thinking of you all on Thursday.

Littlegaz
31st July 2007, 12:34
Horribly sad news Vegy. And no, you weren't at fault.

I can only add my own condolences to those already expressed above, and hope that the messages and good wishes from your mates on here are of some help at a difficult time for you.

vegyjones
31st July 2007, 12:46
Just got back into work and seen all the replies.

I can't express enough gratitude for all your kind words and thoughts.
You really are a bunch of special people.
It makes me especially emotional to see most of you offerig your time if I need to offload or chat!

On a sidenote

1. My dad being an Orient fan, but having established himself quite well at AFC Hornchurch since he moved there a couple of years ago has spoken to people at Hornchurch about sponsoring a friendly between Hornchurch and Orient next Tuesday. He wanted to buy a trophy and present it to the winners and call it the Barbara Jones Memorial Trophy. Both sides have agreed to the match and the gesture and are in provisional discussions about making it an annual event.

I must say, I don't know why they are willing to go to such lengths considering she wasn't particularly well known at either club. But it has made comforted my dad somewhat.

MattR
31st July 2007, 12:59
That's great Vegy. Nice to see a professional club prepared to do something like that as well, not what you'd normally expect. :)

mathare
31st July 2007, 13:06
That's great Vegy. Nice to see a professional club prepared to do something like that as well, not what you'd normally expect. :)Yeah, good on AFC Hornchurch. Nice of those amateurs at Orient to help out too :peeky

Vic
4th August 2007, 23:22
Only just seen your news Vegy - so sorry Veg. I really hope you and your family can focus on celebrating all the good things and times. You mustn't blame yourself in any way, your mum was doing what she wanted to do - the alternative to doing something is doing nothing, and that's no fun for anyone.

Very best wishes to you all Vegy - take care.

plater
5th August 2007, 11:12
Not been around much lately and only just seen this as well, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news Vegy, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Alan

buddhabee
5th August 2007, 11:23
There's me thinking this was just one of vegy's humorous posts I could skip over (seeing as they usually descend into vulgarity rather quickly), but now I'm saddened at not reading it through. :splapme

That's terrible news vegy, and I feel so sorry for you and your family.

sparkyminer
5th August 2007, 13:23
one of vegy's humorous posts

Bloody hell, when did I miss that?:D