PDA

View Full Version : Maxy Serb Preview Of Rangers V Rs Belgrade

Merlin
14th August 2007, 14:24
Ok, a little preview for tonights game Rangers - Red Star Belgrade

First of all, I'm supporter of Red Star.

Red Star squad:

Tonight, Red Star will play in 4-5-1 formation an here are some vital info's about squad:

Suspended player: Basta (quite good right wing back, one of the regulars and key players)

Injured player: Lukas (?) (He is with team, but we don't know will he play. He is very good DM, great ant strong long shooter.)

Probable squad:
GK: Randjelović (standard goalkeeper, very reliable)
DF:
Andjelković
Bronovicki (Right&Left back, big boost for our defence from Poland)
Tutorić
Guaye (Very, very strong centre back, not so fast though)
MF:
Milovanović (captain, very good player, next Dejan Stankovic. He gave some outstanding performances for the U21 on last competition this summer when we were second)
Milijaš (he have nice long shots, he and Milovanovic are regular free kicks takers, nice passing, very slow though)
Castillo (he is regular in Ecuador representation, outstanding like DM and he also know to score some vital goals, especially headers)
Rašković
Koroman (far the best Red Star player. Many of you know him from Portsmouth. He is fast, good technique, nice trough passes, good shooter)
FC:
Đorđević (He is bad. Very, very bad. Bad as hell. He come to RS this season like best scorer of Serbia second league. Some of coaches predicting him a bright future, but I simply can't see it happen. He is simply too bad.) He is so bad that I think that this is some wicked trick from our new manager.

Substitutions:
Molina - maybe best boost for RS this season. He still didn't gel in squad, but it is obvious that he is a great player.
Barcos - Best scorer of Ecuadorian league last season (24 goals). He supposed to be a BIG boost for RS, but he simply didn't gel in some previous matches. He is still without a scored goal.
Rest of the substitutions are not special in anything.

Red Star form:
Well...it wasn't a great start of the season. RS played some 3 competitive matches this season, 2 in CL and 1 in domestic league.
In CL against Levadia, we won at home 1-0, but lost in Thalin 2-1. After that bad performance, manager was sacked and we have a new one - Miroslav Kosanovic (very good manager). He had his debut some 4 days ago against Cukaricki - 0:0. He wasn't furious, he told the newspaper that he is aware that this squad have their minds in Glasgow already.

Public expectations from this game:
We really do think that we can pass trough this round. In last two years, in this round Red Star had some very though opponents - PSV (get trough the semi-finals) and AC Milan (champions). We won on Marakana against PSV (3:2), but lost by Milan (1:2). Everybody are seeing this as chance of generation. So, be sure that tonight Red Star players will give all they can not to lose and that they will left their harts on the field. We are confident that we can beat Rangers on Marakana, so draw tonight is all that we need.
Be sure that Beasley will receive a special treatment tonight due to his lies in newspapers about racism. He also scored a goal against RS two years ago for PSV. They will go like dogs for him.

Verdict:
Rangers is a better team. They will probably win. However...If there is a draw tonight in CL, it will be on this game. Beware.

MattR
14th August 2007, 14:54
Good preview Maxy, lots of helpful info there :)

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 15:12
Hope so...
Little add for this mach:

Red Star and Rangers have a history. They have trashed Rangers in Belgrade the same year when they were Champions of Europe and the World '91. (In Glasgow there was 1:1, and in Belgrade 3:0 - see here for more info's - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/6942865.stm).

Skittle
14th August 2007, 19:48
Got to side with Rangers on this one. They know a lead of some sort will be required to take to Belgrade.

On a side note, this is one of the ties i wanted to go to ~{ I'm a Liverpool follower }~ but we got stuck with Toulouse. My favourite would have been Borisov from Belarus, I googled the city and really wanted to go there for a game. Have to wait and see who we get in the group stages now before I think about my next away trip.

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 20:54
Well, I've watched whole half time and I must say that Rangers showed absolutely nothing. They didn't have a solid chance...no RS either...but...draw is enough for us! :D

Hope that it will stay that way...

yerotsluap
14th August 2007, 20:55
watched bits and pieces of it seems very tight game

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 21:26
Beasley and Darcheville are substituted in same minute... :)
They were locked and pinned like mouses... :D

Go Red Star!!!

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 21:55
Damn...Rangers scored from only one chance in the whole game...89'. Nacho Novo...

I'm so sad now...I thought we could make it...

Merlin
14th August 2007, 22:09
Unlucky Maxy....great preview...tough and brave call.....didnt come off.....but well done anyway...

Skittle
14th August 2007, 22:34
Very close one, but they got there in the end.

MaxySerb
14th August 2007, 22:49
Rangers is a better team. They will probably win. However...If there is a draw tonight in CL, it will be on this game. Beware.

Well...I knew what is going to happen...but I didn't want to believe...
It was so close...But, we must not forget, they have to survive rematch on Marakana in front of 60000 fanatics (and I'll be one of them :D)...
Rangers is not much stronger than Red Star. I'm only worried about Away goal. If Rangers score on Marakana...bye, bye CL...

bigcumba
14th August 2007, 22:51
I'm happy :D Second leg will be tough though.... an away goal will be good for us.

peza2605
14th August 2007, 22:52
3-0 to red star... believe.