PDA

View Full Version : Hello - question for the experts

Mug OUFC
14th August 2007, 15:21
AFTERNOON :yikes: :D

I have a question for you football punters. Its dead easy. How do you make your selections?

Do you depend on season form, recent form, head to heads, percentage and value calls, team news, how teams have performed against a certain team, or just plain gutshots? Anything else? I guess most people use a combination of these, but which is more important to you? :spinning

The way I usually go, admittedly not very successfully ;fire, is to look at teams relative home/away form, then head to heads, then team news and get a percentage estimate based on this. I will then look at odds and decide whether its worth going for the likeliest result or following the usually risky value call. :geek

mathare
14th August 2007, 15:25
For the few bets I do make on the football I tend to look at:

1) Head-to-head records, weighting recent form more heavily than past form.
2) Relative home/away form of each side
3) Overall form of each side

Beyond that I have basically decided whether it's a bet already or not so I don't bother much. I tend to ignore team news most of the time, well not ignore so much as not search it out.

But generally speaking most of my football bets are percentage/value calls based on goal/corner/booking stats and tend to be spread bets or handicap bets on the goal/corner/booking markets rather than win/drawwin bets.

Merlin
14th August 2007, 15:41
AFTERNOON :yikes: :D

I have a question for you football punters. Its dead easy. How do you make your selections?

Do you depend on season form, recent form, head to heads, percentage and value calls, team news, how teams have performed against a certain team, or just plain gutshots? Anything else? I guess most people use a combination of these, but which is more important to you? :spinning

The way I usually go, admittedly not very successfully ;fire, is to look at teams relative home/away form, then head to heads, then team news and get a percentage estimate based on this. I will then look at odds and decide whether its worth going for the likeliest result or following the usually risky value call. :geek

Theres not much wrong with your method, mate....just lay Oxford, that will boost your returns....:laugh

Win2Win
14th August 2007, 16:09
question for the experts

Pushing your luck on here :laugh

Mug OUFC
14th August 2007, 16:36
I can see that :wink

presto
14th August 2007, 16:48
mainly just by my own oppinion, however i do look at a lot of stats and pay attention to home / away form and recent form.

vegyjones
14th August 2007, 16:52
I'm an expert. You can ask me anything! :)

John
14th August 2007, 16:59

So your :butthead: used to be pert? :D

vegyjones
14th August 2007, 17:06
Before it started looking like a cow's hind quarters, I suppose it was :D

Mug OUFC
14th August 2007, 18:00

How do blind chameleons change colour?

vegyjones
14th August 2007, 18:02
They take the U out and use the American spelling! :D

Mug OUFC
14th August 2007, 18:03
:helper

Win2Win
14th August 2007, 19:07
They take the U out and use the American spelling! :D

:laugh

I just gave Vegy a STAR

bigcumba
14th August 2007, 19:14
:laugh

I just gave Vegy a STAR

And what the boss giveth... the mods can taketh away :laugh

Win2Win
14th August 2007, 19:16
Makes a change from the brown star that we call his mouth :D

MattR
14th August 2007, 22:57
I use home/away form, recent form and if possible any knowledge of the teams involved, key injuries etc. I don't use head to head records (except if a previous game in the same season). The players move around so much now, even last season's game is of little relevance I think, let alone three years ago.