PDA

View Full Version : updating software

mickmd
15th November 2007, 20:04
Just a quick one guys, i have updated my system banker software to the latest version is there any way of importing my bet history or do i have to re-enter all the bets again?
this is 350+ bets so praying i can import the history some how:helper

Win2Win
15th November 2007, 21:28
You shouldn't have to import anything, if you update over the last one, it will carry on as it was.

mickmd
16th November 2007, 13:27
for some reason it deleted the original version , dont know why but i have installed the latest version but it seems to be working stakes out below expected. i started with a bank of £1000 and am upto £1422 so was expecting a starting stake of 2.84 but it is starting at 2.37.
has the staking plan changed at all? the older version seemed to work out at 1/50th betting bank start point.
Dont know if this was compensating for me using exchanges but am inputting the same way?

Win2Win
16th November 2007, 14:09
Didn't you reinstall the backup data? You should have one months worth if you have been doing it as you should.

The Installation programs replaces only the EXE file, nothing else. It has nothing to do with the DAT files, so not sure what you have done. No one else had a problem with any of the updates.

mickmd
16th November 2007, 14:26
how do i reinstall the backup data?
have got all the info of previous bets from dailt back up
no idea why it deletedoriginal software ? only found that out by tring to system restore

Win2Win
16th November 2007, 15:34
In the same folder as the one you installed it should be *.txt files with your backup. Just rename the latest one to "Horsehistory.txt"

mickmd
16th November 2007, 16:01
cheers got that all back now just got to update for today
cheers:)

Win2Win
16th November 2007, 18:19
Now you can tell everyone how important backups are :thumbs

mickmd
16th November 2007, 23:10
yeah backups are essential and provide a record of all bets for your own analysis.
The stakes are still lower for some reason but all i can assume is the previous version always used 0.02 of betting bank total for stake after a winner.Not a major problem or issue though the prfits keep building nicely enough.
thanks for the help much appreciated mate.