PDA

View Full Version : fa cup draw

peza2605
2nd December 2007, 12:27
who dya want.? if your team is still in it of course.

i want united to get city at home to get rid of em.

sparkyminer
2nd December 2007, 13:46
Havant & Waterlooville away so's that money grabbing crook who owns us, can't take any more cash out of the club, and sells up like he's promised to do. The tight b#####d has stalled the takeover to see if we get a big club if we get through.;fire

tophatter
2nd December 2007, 19:08
We got Liverpool at home if we beat Nottingham Forest.

I feel a bit different than I did two years ago when we draw them ouit of the hat. Back then I was pretty confident we would give them an uncomfortable time and quite fancied us to knock the European champions out at the first hurdle.

Times are different now though. The scum who sacked Mike Newell for him telling the truth about them have scarpered and the club are left penniless, with 55 FA charges to be answered and the players did not get paid Friday and we have got 10 points deducted for been placed in Administration.

Its about survival now, heres hoping we can scrape through against Forest and the Beeb fancy putting us on the box in the hope of a game something like the one last time. It wont be the same though, we have had our club kicked to pieces.

Iron Chris
2nd December 2007, 19:18
What an anti-climax that was, first tie out of the bag, away at Preston....:headbange

Will probably get knocked out, make no money & continue our struggle in the Championship...:mad:

If anyone REALLY has nothing better to do tomorrow night then we are on Sky again at home to Blackpool who are a real bogey team for us in recent years.......should be a classic for you...:wink

scoobydoo
2nd December 2007, 19:35
We got Liverpool at home if we beat Nottingham Forest.

I feel a bit different than I did two years ago when we draw them ouit of the hat. Back then I was pretty confident we would give them an uncomfortable time and quite fancied us to knock the European champions out at the first hurdle.

I remember that game....wasnt it 5-3 or something with Alonso scoring from the half-way line?:splapme

who dya want.? if your team is still in it of course.

i want united to get city at home to get rid of em.

Villa away:yikes:...God really needed that one although Utd got very good record there. I saw Villa last night and in the 2nd half Arsenal hardly had a kick...they were fortunate to come away 2-1 though to be fair to them they were very good in the first half.More than likely will be on the box as well..

tophatter
2nd December 2007, 19:59
yep 3-1 up, but we run out of steam. That was a proper Kenilworth Road cup tie! MAde a few quid on it too on the half/time full time market though I would have gladly forefeited that for us to have won the game

Win2Win
2nd December 2007, 20:56
Luton.......poor poor Luton......Yet again the fans get done, for management stupidity.

tophatter
2nd December 2007, 21:09
Yep but this time we had a manager who even told us what was going on and he paid the price with his job.

Now that he is known as a whistleblower it cant be a coincidence he has not worked since. His record in management is good so thats not the reason.

No one really cares about Luton as we are a small club but basically what happened was the chairman at the time paid agents through a holding company which meant it bypassed going through the clubs books. He said he did it because Mike Newell would have gone mental if he knew what we were paying agents! He said he was scared of him coz he was a bully!

£13 Million pounds worth of player we have sold in two years and there is no money left to even pay the wages! They sacked the manager who made those profits for gross misconduct, which meant they would not have to pay up his contract. Then lo and behold 8 months later we are charged with loads of financial irregularities!

patch
2nd December 2007, 21:48
Perfect draw for the stags sparky.
Little chance of progress ,small crowd .
Hopefully the end of the parasite

presto
3rd December 2007, 00:10
What an anti-climax that was, first tie out of the bag, away at Preston....:headbange

Will probably get knocked out, make no money & continue our struggle in the Championship...:mad:

If anyone REALLY has nothing better to do tomorrow night then we are on Sky again at home to Blackpool who are a real bogey team for us in recent years.......should be a classic for you...:wink

well the feelings mutual :rolleyes:
- but if it does make you feel better - were crap. and have been going out of cups at the first opportunity we get in recent years.

though hope your lot do us a favour and put a few lashers out of the game next saturday - first time we play them for 6 or 7 years and it's usually a fiery derby.

havn't seen the listings but i hope they show the pne vs lashers game on sky - we have been shown on 3 meaningless games already, and are about to have 2 big consecutive derbys.

John
3rd December 2007, 00:13
Villa away:yikes:...God really needed that one although Utd got very good record there. I saw Villa last night and in the 2nd half Arsenal hardly had a kick...they were fortunate to come away 2-1 though to be fair to them they were very good in the first half.More than likely will be on the box as well..

Villa look in good shape don't they? I can't remember who said it, possibly Martin O'Neill last night, but he said he doesn't think Arsenal have been put under that kind of pressure all season, possibly not even against Manchester United and in my opinion that's a good point made. Villa definitely deserve a UEFA spot this season if they continue to show what they were made of last night.

scoobydoo
3rd December 2007, 01:14
O'Neill is a very good manager...he would make even England a decent team I reckon! :yikes:

The problem with Arsenal as I see it is we all know that at times they play football off this planet...no argument with me on that...but sometimes I still think they are the most arrogant team in the league...I think they thought they had won that match last night at half-time and they stopped playing for some reason? Its going to be really interesting to see what happens with winter now here....a few injuries to Fabregas, Hleb etc and see what might happen.Another way to look at it however is if you can win while playing poorly (2nd half vs Villa)....title is probably going to them. :rolleyes:

John
3rd December 2007, 02:24
O'Neill would make a very good England manager... I hope one day it happens...

I'm sort of going to disagree with you and say Arsenal played nearly just as well in the second half as they did in the first. The way I saw it, Villa upped the tempo in the second half. They got a lot closer to Arsenal, played tighter, cut down just about every opportunity they created. I think if Villa had continued to play as 'casually' (too strong a word) as they did in the first half then Arsenal could have been 4 or 5 up in the second.

Is Hleb playing centre forward every week now? I thought he was a winger. Fabregas is awesome, as we know, and is pretty key to the Gunners doing well... without him I'm not sure who'd take his place.

scoobydoo
3rd December 2007, 02:59
Villa played much better in the 2nd half and did get closer to them I agree... but Arsenal sat on the lead....they would have come out if Villa had got to 2-2. They didnt do anything in the 2nd half at all....it was a very strange performance compared to the the first half. Maybe the loss of the key players played its part but they were lucky to get away with the win in the end I think. I certainly hope they play like they did in the 2nd half at Utd and not the first as I would fancy Utd strongly! But...they are top and got the points so fair play to them...Wenger has done well as they really havent challenged for 3 years.

As far as I know, Hleb plays midfield mostly and is an excellent dribbler of the ball....really impressed by him this season. Seems to have taken the Ljungberg role to me. I think as they were playing Adebayor up front on his own, it was up to Hleb and Rosicky to join in & make a 3 when they attacked.He was crudely taken out in the 2nd half...it was an awful tackle from Carew dont you think?

MattR
3rd December 2007, 11:41
Since Van Persie's been injured he seems to be playing Hleb in a sort of free role between the midfield and Adebayor. I think Fabregas and Hleb are the two players they can't afford to lose as everything goes through them. Hleb is a superb player I think, no doubt he'll run us ragged when we play Belarus in the world cup qualifers:rolleyes:

MattR
3rd December 2007, 11:45
.He was crudely taken out in the 2nd half...it was an awful tackle from Carew dont you think?

Yes, pretty cynical wasn't it.

Talking of awful tackles did you see that one from Diouff yesterday. Shocking tackle and could have broken his (Arbeloa was it?) leg. He got a yellow somehow and yet Keane got sent off for very little.

Talking of bookings anyone know if this is now a rule. On saturday we had a free kick and the ref signalled it was going to be on the whistle. Muntari took it quickly while the ref was walking to the wall and naturally he blew the whistle and called it back as expected. However he then booked Muntari for doing it. Is that now a rule or was he just being pedantic? Meanwhile Peinar had already been booked and committed three more fouls since with just a word to him :ermmm

scoobydoo
3rd December 2007, 13:03
Since Van Persie's been injured he seems to be playing Hleb in a sort of free role between the midfield and Adebayor. I think Fabregas and Hleb are the two players they can't afford to lose as everything goes through them. Hleb is a superb player I think, no doubt he'll run us ragged when we play Belarus in the world cup qualifers:rolleyes:

Forgot they still have Van Persie to come back! :rolleyes: Im still not convinced that Arsenal will last the distance though...time will tell & Ill probably be proved wrong as usual! I agree about Hleb and Fabregas...they need them and if they had to do without them for long...it wouldnt be good news.

Yes, pretty cynical wasn't it.

Talking of awful tackles did you see that one from Diouff yesterday. Shocking tackle and could have broken his (Arbeloa was it?) leg. He got a yellow somehow and yet Keane got sent off for very little.

Talking of bookings anyone know if this is now a rule. On saturday we had a free kick and the ref signalled it was going to be on the whistle. Muntari took it quickly while the ref was walking to the wall and naturally he blew the whistle and called it back as expected. However he then booked Muntari for doing it. Is that now a rule or was he just being pedantic? Meanwhile Peinar had already been booked and committed three more fouls since with just a word to him :ermmm

Didnt see the Diouf tackle Matt no....will see if game is repeated today on Sky and will look out for it. I did think Carews was so cynical though....you might say a forwards challenge but he had no chance of winning the ball.

I believe that if the ref asks you about a free kick, do you want to take it now or on the whistle...if you decide on the whistle or the ref does & then you take it before he does so...its an automatic booking...not sure if its in the rules but happens nearly every time now I think?

Is it right youre changing your name to Portsmouth 0 at home Matt!! :wink You used all your goals up agaisnt Reading mate! :laugh

vegyjones
3rd December 2007, 13:53
Portsmouth 0 ???

We're always Leyton 0 :(

MattR
3rd December 2007, 19:50
Is it right youre changing your name to Portsmouth 0 at home Matt!! :wink You used all your goals up agaisnt Reading mate! :laugh

:laugh

Not as bad as it may look. Against West Ham we didn't play that well and they should have won with Salano missing two headed sitters (although we also missed a penalty to undeservedly win it!) The other two were Man City and Everton who are pretty tight at the back and we had chances to win both. As for none against, we've had 8 clean sheets in our last 10 games :yikes: Liverpool away and Arsenal at home this month though, and also home to Spurs which surely can't be 0-0!

6th in the Premier, unbeaten in 10 games, 5 away wins on the trot, I feel like I've wandered into some kind of parallel universel :laugh

scoobydoo
4th December 2007, 00:19
No they are doing really well...I was talking through my pocket as usual!! :laugh Pompey, Everton and Man City are teams to avoid sometimes with the overs market....just head to White Hart Lane for a goalfeast....even Orient would score a couple there vegy!:wink

John
4th December 2007, 00:44
Pompey are doing well this season... as long as Krang-charrr keeps scoring you'll be sorted well and truely out. We have a Pompey boy at work, he's obsessed, every monday morning he comes in and the first thing he talks about is Portsmouth's game on the saturday. I feel you'd get on well with him! :D

There were one or two wreckless tackles on Saturday... Melchiott should have got sent off in my opinion.

scoobydoo
4th December 2007, 01:20
God I saw Readings, Stephen Hunts challenge tonight from the week before on Fernandes of Man City....it was a shocker to say the least! :yikes:

Mikel shouldve been sent off as well I reckon against West Ham..what are these refs looking at!

MattR
4th December 2007, 12:34
They have to revoke this ruling where if the ref has already carded the player they can't review the incident. Although I think they can overturn this can't they? I seem to remember Thatched got booked for his assault on Mendes last season but did get banned as well, or was that just because of the fact it was so bad?

John, Kranjcar's rapidly becoming my favourite Pompey player. Excellent on the ball, superb passer and only just 23 too. Lacks a bit of pace but that's about it. Not quite up to Prosinecki yet though who I would have paid to watch him play football in the back garden. :D

lowe1
4th December 2007, 12:41
hereford at home, cant complain at that hopefully get a big team next round would love either the blue sh**e or red sh**e at home :) :) :)

scoobydoo
4th December 2007, 12:42
I think they will only review it if the player nearly kills someone...as like Thatcher! Sometimes...there is no commonsense with FA, UEFA and FIFA is there...I am sure a few of us could run things better than they could and for much less money! They just dont get it at all...:ermmm