PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or has no one noticed yet....

bigcumba
3rd December 2007, 19:30
that Mathare is today's birthday boy?

Hope you're having a good one mate!

TheGoodGuy
3rd December 2007, 19:36
Many happy returns Mat.

:thumbs :birthday::drinkme

Win2Win
3rd December 2007, 20:32
One year closer to the great man in the sky :thumbs :ooo Have a good'un :wiggle:

wb
3rd December 2007, 20:44
Enjoy the day Mat. Wouldn't it be great if everyone spelled your name correctly in this thread, just for once!

Street cry
3rd December 2007, 22:20
Happy Birthday Mat. Hope you have a good time and a prezzie or 2

Mavrick
3rd December 2007, 22:35
Happy Birthday Mathare:party :birthday:

Fadetoblack
3rd December 2007, 22:47
Happy birthday buddy!

Iron Chris
3rd December 2007, 23:59
Happy Birthday Mat, hope you enjoyed your day...:party:drinkme

scaaty
4th December 2007, 00:05
Just in time to wish you a very Happy Birthday on the right day ! :party

vegyjones
4th December 2007, 00:05
Happy Birthday Matttttt :D Wherever you are :(

scoobydoo
4th December 2007, 00:21
Happy Birthday Mat...31 eh....hope youve had a good one! :D:party:birthday::drinkme

lowe1
4th December 2007, 06:10
happy birthday matt

presto
4th December 2007, 14:08
a late happy birthday :)

sparkyminer
4th December 2007, 15:17
Happy belated Birthday Mr Hare.
I'm back at work and tired.:)

plater
4th December 2007, 15:31
Happy Birthday for yesterday Mat :hic

samantha1303
4th December 2007, 19:26
Hope you had a great day Mat

orientalexpress
4th December 2007, 19:34
happy belated bday mate !

mathare
4th December 2007, 22:12
Hope you're having a good one mate!Don't!

My plan for the weekend before my birthday was as follows:
Friday - poker in Crayford (home game)
Saturday - leisurely trip back across town from Crayford, a couple of hours at home and then out to Richmond to meet friends for drinks and dinner
Sunday - get up late and go for Sunday lunch at grandparents'
Then Monday was my birthday so I had pencilled in a nice easy day at work, boozy lunch out with the team on expenses, dinner and evening out with the missus. Then another leisurely morning on Tuesday, perhaps slightly hungover.

How it actually turned out:
Friday - called to cancel poker at around 11am because by then it was obvious how the day was going to turn out. Packed my laptop away about 6pm (making me the second to last out of the office) and took a huge amount of work home with me. Worked till around 9pm at which point I could barely keep my eyes open. All this time the missus was in the pub!

Saturday - got up and did the Auto-Sys update then straight back to work on the laptop, breaking only to sort my bets out at lunchtime. Worked through till past 4pm, quick shower and out to Richmond fighting against both christmas shopping traffic and rugby traffic (Barbarians v South Africa at Twickenham) and the associated crowds. The pub was rammed and I could hardly move in there so not ideal for meeting mates. The restaurant was nice but by now I was shattered so not really in the mood for a big night.

Sunday - woke up earlier than planned, updated Auto-Sys and my betting results from previous day then milled about a bit before heading out to Sunday lunch. Left that about 5pm to come home and do a few more hours work. Stopped when Top Gear came on then had an early night.

Monday - got up as normal and went to work as normal. No cards or presents. Worked right through the day only stopping for a brief bit of pizza during a lunchtime team meeting and drank a can of Fanta. Worked hard right through till roughly normal leaving time. Met the missus from work and picked up KFC as I was too tired to go out for a meal. Slumped in front of the TV and opened cards and presents. Went to bed after Dragons' Den. Didn't touch a drop of alcohol all day.

Tuesday - Up and out to work as normal. Worked like a :censored: all day through. Again. Left work late by about an hour due to a late unwanted visit from the :censored:-up fairy ;fire Went to the chippy (the missus is out) and then logged on here.

I am knackered. I have hardly had time to gamble in the past week or so. And when I have got bets on at lunchtime it has been a case of placing orders and then not having time to check them again so just hoping they get matched. I have missed so many System Banker bets too. I haven't had work get in the way like this for years. Fortunately I can sort of see the light towards the end of the tunnel although I know after this evening that it is actually several weeks away, if not several months away. At least my boss understands where we are at and is doing all she can to help though, so that's cool.

Not exactly the birthday weekend I had planned though. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the day Mat. Wouldn't it be great if everyone spelled your name correctly in this thread, just for once!I wouldn't know what to do if that happened. I am so used to people spelling it wrong (despite the fact that it is one of the simplest names to spell and is only three ::swear letters!) that I would probably die of shock if everyone spelled it right.

davidsteel
4th December 2007, 22:29
So long as your happy , thats all that matters, there will be other birthdays..

Don't!

My plan for the weekend before my birthday was as follows:
Friday - poker in Crayford (home game)
Saturday - leisurely trip back across town from Crayford, a couple of hours at home and then out to Richmond to meet friends for drinks and dinner
Sunday - get up late and go for Sunday lunch at grandparents'
Then Monday was my birthday so I had pencilled in a nice easy day at work, boozy lunch out with the team on expenses, dinner and evening out with the missus. Then another leisurely morning on Tuesday, perhaps slightly hungover.

How it actually turned out:
Friday - called to cancel poker at around 11am because by then it was obvious how the day was going to turn out. Packed my laptop away about 6pm (making me the second to last out of the office) and took a huge amount of work home with me. Worked till around 9pm at which point I could barely keep my eyes open. All this time the missus was in the pub!

Saturday - got up and did the Auto-Sys update then straight back to work on the laptop, breaking only to sort my bets out at lunchtime. Worked through till past 4pm, quick shower and out to Richmond fighting against both christmas shopping traffic and rugby traffic (Barbarians v South Africa at Twickenham) and the associated crowds. The pub was rammed and I could hardly move in there so not ideal for meeting mates. The restaurant was nice but by now I was shattered so not really in the mood for a big night.

Sunday - woke up earlier than planned, updated Auto-Sys and my betting results from previous day then milled about a bit before heading out to Sunday lunch. Left that about 5pm to come home and do a few more hours work. Stopped when Top Gear came on then had an early night.

Monday - got up as normal and went to work as normal. No cards or presents. Worked right through the day only stopping for a brief bit of pizza during a lunchtime team meeting and drank a can of Fanta. Worked hard right through till roughly normal leaving time. Met the missus from work and picked up KFC as I was too tired to go out for a meal. Slumped in front of the TV and opened cards and presents. Went to bed after Dragons' Den. Didn't touch a drop of alcohol all day.

Tuesday - Up and out to work as normal. Worked like a :censored: all day through. Again. Left work late by about an hour due to a late unwanted visit from the :censored:-up fairy ;fire Went to the chippy (the missus is out) and then logged on here.

I am knackered. I have hardly had time to gamble in the past week or so. And when I have got bets on at lunchtime it has been a case of placing orders and then not having time to check them again so just hoping they get matched. I have missed so many System Banker bets too. I haven't had work get in the way like this for years. Fortunately I can sort of see the light towards the end of the tunnel although I know after this evening that it is actually several weeks away, if not several months away. At least my boss understands where we are at and is doing all she can to help though, so that's cool.

Not exactly the birthday weekend I had planned though. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't know what to do if that happened. I am so used to people spelling it wrong (despite the fact that it is one of the simplest names to spell and is only three ::swear letters!) that I would probably die of shock if everyone spelled it right.

mathare
4th December 2007, 22:33
So long as your happy , thats all that matters, there will be other birthdays..Oh aye. I may moan about work but I love my job. And this year I really couldn't excited about my birthday at all. I don't care about christmas either really - haven't done for years.

davidsteel
4th December 2007, 22:43
Oh aye. I may moan about work but I love my job. And this year I really couldn't excited about my birthday at all. I don't care about christmas either really - haven't done for years.

If your good at your job and like it ,people love to pile more work on to you, its par for the course..

As for xmas its time to hibernate....enjoy the racing...

MattR
4th December 2007, 22:44
Ah missed this thread, so Happy Day instead Mat! At least I get your name right, mainly cos I have two T's :D

Vic
5th December 2007, 01:18
Missed the day Mat but best wishes just the same.

Take care with the work - been there and have the T shirt, loved my job as you do - but it still damn nearly killed me and wrecked my relationship with the missus. Unless you are an owner, you will never reap the rewards - but someone will. You're a sharp cookie Mat, use that noggin to find a way to make your work make you wealthy rather than someone else.:)

I missed the day, as you seemed to have done - set aside another day and do something special. Cheers Vic

mathare
5th December 2007, 10:02
You're a sharp cookie Mat, use that noggin to find a way to make your work make you wealthy rather than someone else.:)
Cheers Vic. I'm trying to do just that as it happens, or at least I am trying to get a lot better off on the back of this job. I am getting all the training I can to put me in a good state if I ever decide to move on and with the work I am doing at the mo and the changes I have made recently I have put myself in a good position to secure a hefty pay rise early next year. And I am picking up skills that will help me with stuff I am doing outside of work so I am making sure the job works for me too.