PDA

View Full Version : Christmas ******* Shopping

Win2Win
8th December 2007, 18:39
Have you all finished shopping yet? (What have you bought me? :D)

Apart from chocs I bought everything online, most Ebay, Amazon, cosmetic company in HK, and Dildo Heaven......

peza2605
8th December 2007, 18:44
have not got one thing. im too christmassed out already.

scoobydoo
8th December 2007, 19:00
Have you all finished shopping yet? (What have you bought me? :D)

Apart from chocs I bought everything online, most Ebay, Amazon, cosmetic company in HK, and Dildo Heaven......

Ill have my present from Ebay or Amazon then! :yikes: Finshed mine as well...about 2 weeks ago. Just got to get the thing over with now..:ermmm

mathare
8th December 2007, 19:19
Hardly started but it will all be done online. I e-mailed my family asking them to send me the URL to the present they want and I will have it sent to their home address. Not very festive but very practical.

scoobydoo
8th December 2007, 19:22
Hardly started but it will all be done online. I e-mailed my family asking them to send me the URL to the present they want and I will have it sent to their home address. Not very festive but very practical.

I can understand what youre saying Mat....that is what happens in my family as well. I thought Xmas was about getting gifts you dont want...people choosing & surprising you...now everyone tells you want they want! Mind you...I dont really care...I just like to get them and forget about it.

So Ill post my list up later then!!:D

bigcumba
8th December 2007, 19:49
All done and all online. Had one major problem with Amazon, or one of their couriers - Parcelnet. They tried to deliver something, no one was in so instead of leaving a card so I could either rearrange or collect, they just buggered off leaving none the wiser till I checked my Amazon account and found it had been sent back. I e-mailed Amazon to moan, and was told i could re order... went to do so and found the price had doubled! E-mailed again and was told to try elsewhere - I'd had a refund so basically what was my problem. Last Saturday morning after being at work 24 hours and absolutely shattered, I phoned their customer services and demanded to speak to a supervisor, after explaining it all again... was told they were busy but they'd scheduled a call back for later in the day - I mentioned that I'd been up all day and night and could they try and make it ASAP... 5pm comes, still no call back so I phoined again, explained it all yet again, was told yes a callback will happen... 4 days later on Wednesday I was still waiting and getting rather angry by now. As far as I was concerned their courier had failed to do their job properly and AMazon were ultimately responsible. Not the first time Parcelnet had done that either... they actually came to the door one day when I was upstairs, and by the time I got to the door they'd gone - and no card again! Anyway Wednesday morning I call and demand to speak to someone in charge, get told only one supervisor on duty and he was busy but he would definitely call back... they actually made me an offer as well - a £15 voucher, which would have been fine except I couldn't use it to reorder the game, as it was only available through a third party seller on Amazon marketplace... no bloody use to me as I wanted that game for my daughter. 4pm still no call back so I phoned again determined not to let the buggers palm me off this time, an hour and fifteen minutes later of trying to get through to another thick foreign halfwit I'm finally told that miraculously a supervisor is able to talk... 5 minutes later I have a £21 refund on a previous order so I can then order the game again at no extra cost to me. And when I went to order they had it for a tenner less so in effect it cost me £3. Lesson learned - I won't be using Amazon again as their customer service is worse than crap (apart of course from when I get vouchers:))

Win2Win
8th December 2007, 21:31
Paragraph button broke eh BigC? :D

My mum told me not to buy anything large, or in bulk as I usually do this year (16 bails of hay last year!!! :lickme), so I just bought her a small DVD......set with 50 musicals on it :laugh

bigcumba
8th December 2007, 22:43
Paragraph button broke eh BigC? :D

was a bit of a rant wasn't it!:laugh

John
8th December 2007, 23:20
If I were you Campbell I'd demand more than what they gave you only to make up for the ridiculous number of phone calls you had to make. It's silly, companies say they will phone you back, but they don't... they NEVER give you a call back. I can't actually remember ever having one at the time promised, they tend to happen a month later. :doh Actually, I'm mistaken, NTL called me back the next day when I was having internet issues... I specifically requested they call me between 4.30 and 5.30 and they called me at 5pm on the dot.

Done all the shopping so far online, because if I go out in the centre of York I can barely move. If only the rest of 'em had some sense.

bigcumba
8th December 2007, 23:46
I would have pursued it further John... and I still mean to write to theire management and moan more, but their customer service line is only open 8am-6pm Mon-Sat, which means most days I have 10 minutes at most when I get home from work apart from Saturdays... they've obviously 'outsourced it' they all sounded Oriental with American accents.. and far away, so who knows where the call centre is based. What annoyed me most is that the folk you talk to first all calaimed that even the supervisors wouldn't be able to offer me anything better than what they did... and none of them had any direct contact with higher management, yet the supervisor I spoke to had to ask someone else to make sure he could offer me what he did... bunch of useless winkers..

Win2Win
9th December 2007, 10:39
What you do is setup a web site slagging them off, with all the facts on it, email it to the management, and say thanks for the idea you are getting a lot of clicks :D

That has never failed me once :thumbs

John
9th December 2007, 14:24
Do you have any examples to show Keith?

Win2Win
9th December 2007, 14:58
Do you have any examples to show Keith?

:splapme Well obviosuly I take them offline once they have settled.

Another way is to put an intensive complaint on a forum, email them the link with how many hits a year the site gets, and that you are spending the next week posting it on other forums, and consumer sites. :thumbs

You do need to ensure it is read by a manager though.