PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Evans held over rape claims...

scoobydoo
19th December 2007, 13:25
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1297557,00.html

mathare
19th December 2007, 13:28
No-one has confirmed it is he who is being held though. All the police will say is that they have arrested a 19-year-old man and Man Utd have refused to comment

scoobydoo
19th December 2007, 13:31
Its on BBC now so you can say that it is him I think. Its a bad situation.

mathare
19th December 2007, 14:11
He may be perfectly innocent.

Could be mistaken identity. It could have been consensual.

There are often rape allegations against footballers but they rarely even get as far as court and those that do often collapse when the truth comes out. I was at such a trial (Terrell Forbes and his associates) and the case collapsed as the 'victim' was forced to admit it was consensual sex.

That said, he may also be guilty. We won't know any more for a while, certainly not any more facts (as opposed to speculation and rumour).

Wasn't Cristiano Ronaldo questioned over rape allegations not that long back (within the last year or so)?

vegyjones
19th December 2007, 14:31
I didn't think Sir Alex was one for letting these parties get out of hand.
Thinking back to the stories of him following his players around when they were out :D

scoobydoo
19th December 2007, 16:26
I didn't think Sir Alex was one for letting these parties get out of hand.
Thinking back to the stories of him following his players around when they were out :D

I think he relented on this one vegy...he didnt want to but let them go.
I see hes been bailed till Feb 2008....must have been a bit of a shock to his system being there last night! Problem is there is only 2 people who know really what happened I guess...

Yes where was Fergie as he used to go and drag Giggs and Sharpe out by their ear.....them were the days!!!:D

scoobydoo
19th December 2007, 16:36
Wasn't Cristiano Ronaldo questioned over rape allegations not that long back (within the last year or so)?

Yes he was and it was thrown out I believe.

mathare
19th December 2007, 16:46
Yes he was and it was thrown out I believe.That was what I was leading to. There are far more allegations than evidence normally

vegyjones
19th December 2007, 16:48
Although, hasn't the law recetly changed on rape cases, or has that not gone through yet?

Is the onus not now on the defendant to prove they didn't do it!

presto
19th December 2007, 17:10
i hate to see things like this, footballers seem to be a target for rape alligations, now ok - if he did do it then lock him up, but if he didn't then the woman who made the claim should be punished.

Win2Win
19th December 2007, 17:32
He's not really famous though is he? :doh

And if they recover his juice......get out of that one :yikes:

mathare
19th December 2007, 18:04
And if they recover his juice......get out of that one :yikes:It still has to be proven that it was without consent

presto
19th December 2007, 18:21
if it wasn't without consent, then surely there would be some sign of a struggle such as brusing where she was held down or scratches on him where she tried to force him off, and i assume it was in the hotel room - so wouldn't her screams be heard by others, and what was she doing in his hotel room?

piggy
19th December 2007, 18:26
and what was she doing in his hotel room?

that's what mike tyson said :laugh

scoobydoo
19th December 2007, 18:32
That was what I was leading to. There are far more allegations than evidence normally

Oh I agree with you Mat....when I said it was a bad situation I meant its bad enough to be questioned about this sort of thing...I have no idea on his guilt or not. Hes innocent till proven otherwise anyway....I think! :)