PDA

View Full Version : David Cameron plans to punish MRSA hospitals

Win2Win
2nd January 2008, 23:26
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/01/02/nhs502.xml

I thought it was April 1st :ermmm

You STUPID man.

People have been dying of MRSA in hospitals for over 100 years, it discovered back in 1961, it is not something new. Before we got snowed under with Labour statistics, deaths by MRSA in hospitals were put on the death certificate as 'Died from complications'.

And how are we supposed to get rid of it Mr Cameron? We now have MRSA victims who have never been to hospital, and are also carrying antibiotic resistant types as the virus mutates by natural selection (ignore that last bit if you are a creationist :rolleyes:). We now have over 100 recognised strains, and still counting.

The only reason we have antibiotic resistant MRSA is due to the nobbyheads who never completed full courses of antibiotics, although also to blame is the decades of over usage of these drugs, and it will get worse as more strains become resistant, and the number of new antibiotics drops even more (drug companies find it cheaper researching other drugs).

MRSA lives on our skin, so in order to male Mr Cameron happy, we would all have to remove our skin & clothes, and have them sterilised before entering hospitals. :headbange

tophatter
2nd January 2008, 23:46
some very confused messages coming out of the Conservatives as regards their plans for the health service.

Last year it was all about getting the managers to keep out of things and going back to Matron etc. Now it sounds like he wants to make managers act by penalising offending hospitals financially.

Looks like he is reverting back to finding a bandwagon and jumping on it without having any real answers himself.

I would not take much notice, he had to do a speech for the start of the new year and choise what he thought would make him sound nice against boring Mr Grumpy Gordon Brown. Its very transparent to me, and I doubt anyone will remember what he siad tomorrow let alone in two year time.