PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Monkey

Win2Win
7th January 2008, 22:31
What a load of ::swear this hassle is over the gentleman's game :doh

It's not RACISM even if he did say it, it's an INSULT. I wish folk would use the correct words. I call my missus a monkey swinging banana eater, that's in HUMOUR ......does that make me a racist as well?

scoobydoo
7th January 2008, 23:33
What a load of ::swear this hassle is over the gentleman's game :doh

It's not RACISM even if he did say it, it's an INSULT. I wish folk would use the correct words.

If he did say it...could it not be a 'racist insult' then? :doh

I call my missus a monkey swinging banana eater, that's in HUMOUR ......does that make me a racist as well?

You must be a joy to live with Keith!! :helper

presto
8th January 2008, 03:18
the thing that got me was how the indian bloke was suspended for 3 games without any actual evidence other than one mans word over the other.

Win2Win
8th January 2008, 10:20
the thing that got me was how the indian bloke was suspended for 3 games without any actual evidence other than one mans word over the other.

That's racism :ermmm :rolleyes:

rac·ism (rszm)
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

I don't think calling someone a monkey fits into any of those meanings. Whereas it fits this one:

in·sult (n-slt)
v. in·sult·ed, in·sult·ing, in·sults
v.tr.
a. To treat with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness. See Synonyms at offend.
b. To affront or demean: an absurd speech that insulted the intelligence of the audience.
2. Obsolete To make an attack on.
v.intr. Archaic
1. To behave arrogantly.
2. To give offense; offend: a speech that was intended to insult.
n. (nslt)
1. An offensive action or remark.
a. Medicine A bodily injury, irritation, or trauma.
b. Something that causes bodily injury, irritation, or trauma: "the middle of the Bronx, buffeted and poisoned by the worst environmental insults that urban America can dish out" William K. Stevens.

scoobydoo
8th January 2008, 11:24
I see they have got rid of Bucknor now and swapped him with Billy Bowden!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/7174992.stm

There is history on this so called 'racism' stoy isnt there when Symonds got monkey chants in India last year. I do agree though that the match ref has just taken Symonds word for it that Singh did call him a 'monkey'. I guess the only ones who know are the 2 themselves.

The Aussies do ask for it though the way they play their cricket....they are so aggressive nowadays...always a likelihood for some sort of conflict. & they cheat as Symonds clearly knew he was out when on 30 and caught behind and admitted it afterwards but just stood his ground... just as many of them do now. Gentlemans game my :censored:! & as for honesty when they take a catch....there is no way you can just take their word for it nowadays...any team as they want to win too bad.:ermmm

vegyjones
8th January 2008, 13:15
It always makes me embarrassed if I see an English players stand at the crease when they are out!

Luckily enough, county cricket is still fairly sportsmanlike. Vikram Solanki walked off in a game last year when he shouldn't have been out. Didn't even wait for the umpire's decision.