PDA

View Full Version : Alan Shearer

vegyjones
16th January 2008, 12:51
I noticed that when speaking about the Newcastle jobh he said (to paraphrase)

"If they want someone to galvanise the squad, I'm the man"

This is a man who barely manages a flicker after scoring a goal,
and someone who has openly admitted in his autobiography, that he celebrates
a big victory by doing the gardening :ooo

A role model... perhaps :D

A "galvaniser" I think not!

scoobydoo
16th January 2008, 13:00
Sounds like he wants the job to me. He should leave it for a few years...after they've had 3 or 4 more managers! :D

mathare
16th January 2008, 13:16
He's also a man who got a taste of his own medicine (and own blood) from a division 4 footballer who had Shearer in his pocket for almost the entire game. And what did Shearer do after the game? Whine like a girl to Sky Sports and offer his opponent out for a fight in the car park.

Get over it you soft Geordie!

vegyjones
16th January 2008, 13:44
who was that fella Mat, wasn't the boxer was it?

Win2Win
16th January 2008, 14:06
who was that fella Mat, wasn't the boxer was it?

Mat Le Tissier :butthead: ::hump :ooo

mathare
16th January 2008, 14:38
who was that fella Mat, wasn't the boxer was it?Nah, Sgt Justin Whittle our ex-army centre-back

MattR
16th January 2008, 16:41
I remember that Mat. Was a good elbow, but nothing Shearer hasn't given out in his time and he didn't stop whining about it as you say.

presto
16th January 2008, 16:46
i just don't get this obsession by newcastle fans to get shearer the top job. you don't hear the liverpool fans screaming out to get the likes of ian rush as manager.
no doupt he is a legend up there but with no experience he would be a poor choice, if they are that set on him getting the job why don't they give him a coaching role and let him gradually learn the trade over the years.

counterfeit
16th January 2008, 16:56
i just don't get this obsession by newcastle fans to get shearer the top job. you don't hear the liverpool fans screaming out to get the likes of ian rush as manager.

Hmm - a bit like comparing Isaac Newton with Jade Goody I think.

mathare
16th January 2008, 17:10
you don't hear the liverpool fans screaming out to get the likes of ian rush as manager.They saw what John Barnes did at Celtic :laugh

presto
16th January 2008, 17:33
keegan gets the job :yikes:

MattR
16th January 2008, 19:44
They saw what John Barnes did at Celtic :laugh

:laugh

Although Dalglish didn't do too badly at Liverpool!

mathare
16th January 2008, 19:55
Although Dalglish didn't do too badly at Liverpool!Nor Aldridge at Tranmere, really.

MattR
17th January 2008, 12:50
Yeah that's true. Although they were the worst side ever for wasting time and Challinor's throws made them very entertaining :ermmm

I guess the simple answer is you just don't know how someone will do as a manager and perhaps experience in this field is over rated.

vegyjones
17th January 2008, 12:54
Nigel Clough at Burton Albion :D

mathare
17th January 2008, 13:18
Yeah that's true. Although they were the worst side ever for wasting time and Challinor's throws made them very entertaining :ermmmDon't mention that name! We borrowed Martin Pringle from Charlton a few years back and he looked good for the 20 or so minutes he was allowed to play before Challinor scythed him down resulting in a career-ending multiple fracture for Pringle but Challinor was allowed to continue playing. I'm not sure he even got booked ;fire