PDA

View Full Version : Tophatter

vegyjones
19th January 2008, 23:12
:waver

Adam Boyd did it again :D

And I must say, I wasn't impressed with your following...
They sand, to the tune of Bread of Heaven...
Does Your Boyfriend Know You're Here :yikes:

I was upset, because he didn't :D

tophatter
20th January 2008, 15:36
How did we play yesterday Veg? We are a bit short of players in defence and attack buit i reckon our midfield is as good as any in this league.

I knew Boyd would score. At least sackwell has gone now.

vegyjones
20th January 2008, 22:15
Boyd got a fair amount of stick, which I suppose wasn't surprising, as I suppose he is seen as a flop by most of your lot...

Technically, you've still got a good team, as reflected by your home form this season.
I assume you had the majority of possession. You kept the ball well, but rarely troubled our rearguard!

Your keeper had a bit of a nightmare, but I am informed that he was playing with an injury! Brill was in goal. Anyway for Boy'd goal he slid in to collect it but lost it, leaving Daniels with an easy ball across goal for Boyd to tap in!

You had some good crosses whipped in from the right in the first half that no one could get on the end of or our defence cleared well.

We started the second half well and your defence was done for pace by our quick forward on loan from Spurs Andy Barcham. You were playing quite high up the pitch which obviously worked in his favour he fended off a couple of challenges and looped it past the keeper from close range.

He was then knocked out cold with an Arm by Chris Perry :mad: Referee didn't even book him but Barcham walked off after a lengthy delay.

Harford then made 2 changes and you dominated the rest of the game. Your goal came from a foul yup by our keeper who failed to connect to a corner properly and your impressive defender Keefe scored. He later slid into your own goal post clearing a ball that was slowly trickling towards the net.

There was another good goalline clearance from Huthinson but all these chances for us were on the break as ytou pressed for the equaliser but didn't really cause enough trouble for our keeper, although he made two outstanding stops from long range!

tophatter
20th January 2008, 22:22
Sounds about right.

Brill is playing with thigh strain but he will make mistakes anyway as he is only 21. We have also lost our centre backs. Chris Perry is the only recognised centre back at the club now and he has been playing right back most of the season.

Techically we are probably one of the best teams in the league, but we have big problems with pace at the back and a lack of height. Up front we are playing two kids who have penty of promise but do not score many goals.

That midfield of Spring, Bell, Currie and Robinson is pretty good. Obviously Robinson has come in for David Edwards and when we had that midfield four I believe it was unquestionably the best in this division.

vegyjones
20th January 2008, 22:28
Our first victory over you in 3 decades or 14 meetings. No doubt we will be on the end of a good hammering at Kenilworth. Harford will have sorted you out by then I think!

tophatter
20th January 2008, 22:42
I hope so veg. Im reasonably confident he can do it. He knows the club and knows a lot of the players.

He also commands respect, especially of the fans. That could be vital.

We need to win 8 games and get a few draws in the last 21. If he can work with the front men (and every striker we had who worked under him when he was coach a few years back said he improved their game) then we have got a chance.

Its hard work been a luton fan. I dont think people realise just what trauma this club has gone through in the last couple of years.

Merlin
20th January 2008, 23:14
As a Leeds fan, you got my empathy TH...:laugh

tophatter
20th January 2008, 23:27
We got Leeds at home Saturday Merl!

Big game that one. Full house I should think. Big Mick Harfords return, Dennis Wise the villian. The kennel will be rocking!

vegyjones
20th January 2008, 23:44
Leeds are showing their inadequacies since Poyet left!

2 home defeats in a row... akin to the wheels falling off! :D

Merlin
21st January 2008, 00:20
The kennel will be rocking - I like that TH....:laugh

Yeah..but Veg, Swansea got 6 wheels now....:laugh.... At least my options are covered in Division one....:laugh

tophatter
21st January 2008, 00:23
Swansea are nailed on in my opinion, they are the best team I have seen this season.

The second spot is up for grabs but I just think those 15 points Leeds lost will mean they dont make the automatic places.

Merlin
21st January 2008, 00:26
I agree , TH..dont think Leeds will be getting automatic promo.....

Merlin
21st January 2008, 00:27
The Swansea team is exciting though....the set-up down there is solid as a rock (famous last words)....I think they will handle the Championship with 1 or 2 buys...

MattR
21st January 2008, 00:27
Yeah..but Veg, Swansea got 6 wheels now....:laugh.... At least my options are covered in Division one....:laugh

Beaten 4-2 by our local pub team:wink last week though Marlin :D