PDA

View Full Version : january transfer's

presto
20th January 2008, 23:32
supprised this topic hasn't come up yet.

at preston we have got rid of a couple of players, Agyman who hasn't done much for preston this season has gone to QPR and seems to be doing well.

we have brought a couple of players in. a midfielder from WBA for £1.3 ish mill which is a big purchase for PNE. we also bought a striker michael brown from norwich for £400k which i was annoyed at as his record is a poor 1 goal in 30 odd games since they bought him for around £300k though both have played well so far.

we have also been heavily linked with a MLS player taylor twellham who has something like an incredible 127 goals in 130 games :yikes::yikes::yikes:
our origional £800k bid was not apparently enough - so we upped it to £1mill which i think was the asking price - but the club became a bunch of :butthead: who rejected it for some reason. the player then apparently started legal action against his own club as he really wanted the move to preston. I think we have now dropped interest though which is annoying as yanks like eddie lewis and brian mcbride have done well for us.

tophatter
20th January 2008, 23:34
I darent look at the transfer window as a Luton fan.

Just hope no one comes in for any players we have left. We are not allowed to sign anyone not even on loan until the squad is down to 16. So any players that leave we cant replace. Its a nightmare.

vegyjones
20th January 2008, 23:46
We haven't sold or bought anyone and have been told that the situation is unlikely to change for the duration of the transfer period. Just the one free transfer so far!

MattR
21st January 2008, 00:31
Presto, is there some kind of link with the USA at Preston, just wondering cos as you say you've had McBride and Lewis in the past.

presto
21st January 2008, 01:23
can't think of any link, unless it's a MLS agent who has contact with Moyes (who brought the 2 yanks in when he was with us), as Irvin who is our manager now was Moyes assistant at everton, i can't see us having scouts over there.

just checked him on wicki and his goals are a more realistic 110 in 196 app. as opposed to 127 in 130 (which i read somewhere else).

to be honnest i am supprised that theres not more US players over here, as there national team is doing alright.

MattR
21st January 2008, 12:31
I'm pretty sure he played in the Copa last summer, I'm sure I remember the name.

presto
22nd January 2008, 17:39
preston have been linked with former keeper Carlo Nash, who is at wigan.

Carlo is a fantastic keeper who has the most clean sheets in a season record at the club.
he publically fell out with the board and former manager simpson for lack of ambition.
after a move to fulham didn't happen he went out to wigan where he had a bad injury and hasn't really played and is now 3rd choice keeper.
reports say bruce will let him come to preston on loan for match fitness, though i hope we can make the move permanant.