PDA

View Full Version : AIG Irish Champion Hurdle

youngtag
22nd January 2008, 00:46
I think Sublimity will run a big race here. I don't actually rate him as highly as some others, but he looks sure to make the frame here.

His best form over hurdles has come on soft/heavy ground. His first spin out this season was on good ground where he was giving the winner 8lbs. He had Straw Bear behind him on this season opener as well, so although slightly disappointing, not disgraced.

As we all know, on soft ground he put in a devastating display of waiting tactics off a strong pace by Hardy Eustace (who reopposes on Sunday), and Brave Inca.

With the ground likely to be somewhere between soft and heavy he has to have a great chance and I fully expect him to go very close and near to a certainty to place. He goes well fresh as evidenced by his champion hurdle victory and is very lightly raced compared to some of his peers. Should be in the prime of his life at 8 years old as well.

Recommendation: Max E/W at best priced 5/1. Bet to nothing assuming he places (famous last words, but I'll be putting my money where my mouth is).

Any thoughts out there? If anyone has any info on whether there's any doubt over him running I'd be interested to hear!

wb
22nd January 2008, 02:08
He's still a bit unsure because of the ground:

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/08/01/21/RACING_Sublimity.html

Ladbrokes (shops in Ireland only) were doing a special and are refunding any non-runners on ante post bets. You could drop in and ask if this offer is still on.

youngtag
22nd January 2008, 20:55
Nice one WB

Win2Win
23rd January 2008, 05:21
I think with the weather being erratic these days, we need to wait till before the race.....just before the race....in fact with the sudden changes in weather.....30 seconds......!!

I haven't even looked at this market.....maybe D Pipe has one up his sleeve?

youngtag
23rd January 2008, 18:37
Sublimity pulled out. Shame, probably goes straight to Cheltenham now making analysis of his chances tricky at best, but obviously has to be respected.

Small bet on Hardy probably for me. I obviously waited, after hearing he was a doubt. Very Cagey stuff from the trainer imo, but his prerogative I suppose, reminds me a bit of the way Best Mate was campaigned and seemed to work for him. From a punters prospective though, I much prefer the way Kauto puts himself out there to be shot at throughout the season.