PDA

View Full Version : Law Lords Miracle

Win2Win
30th January 2008, 18:01
(No RSS so will post manually :rolleyes:)

"Victims of sexual abuse may be able to sue their attackers after many years, following a ruling by the Law Lords. "

What is this? COMMON SENSE in Parliament?? :yikes: Hope they don't make a habit of it!! :wink

pete50
30th January 2008, 18:14
Might have a sense of perceived justice, but relying on your attacker to win the lottery many years later and have the stupidity to let people know is just as big a lottery,which the law is not meant to be!

Win2Win
30th January 2008, 19:19
:doh Eh!!!

Quite a good number of people pushed this case through, your are basing your reply on one.

GlosRFC
30th January 2008, 23:36
I know what Pete means...if they hadn't won the lottery I doubt if the press (i.e. Daily Mail) would've kicked up such a fuss.

Win2Win
31st January 2008, 10:21
It was never right that a child molested by her father say 20 years ago, could sue the mother if she knew about it going on, but not the molester :doh

Ya gotta love British justice!!

pete50
31st January 2008, 11:08
My other point was how long does this last? Bankrupts are clear in 2 years and do not have to repay people if they win the lottery 10 years later. I'm not against them chasing this individual but will have to study the basis on which it was arrived at. (after studying todays cards of course - must have some sense of priorities!).

sparkyminer
31st January 2008, 17:13
Why didn't she sue him when the offence was committed?

Win2Win
31st January 2008, 17:35
He never had any money, the legal system gave her £5000 compo. Not much for a life-time of memories of rape.

GlosRFC
1st February 2008, 01:53
He never had any money...that's precisely my point. Now that he has a few million in spare change, she decided to sue.

Win2Win
1st February 2008, 10:35
He never had any money...that's precisely my point. Now that he has a few million in spare change, she decided to sue.

DUH!! She was only ONE of a lot of people. She is NOT sueing for the money, she is doing it, along with the others to have the law changed so it matches the similar law for those 'related to a rapist,etc'.

If you read the reports, if she got any money it goes to charity.