PDA

View Full Version : liverpool champions league

peza2605
30th January 2008, 23:07
14/1 most bookies.

they aint gonna win the league, which means as usual they will be concentrating on the CL. they have a knack of coming good in the CL much to my annoyance. is 14/1 good value though? there are a LOT better teams than liverpool in the CL who Should win it i think,united included , but with united ,**** and chelsea scrapping it out for the league id make liverpool faves out the english teams, unless they draw united...:D

Win2Win
30th January 2008, 23:17
We weren't winning the league from last November.

Nice to see useless Kewell & Kuyt playing :)

Come on ye Blues.....Everton for the 2009 Champions League :D

MattR
30th January 2008, 23:27
It would be just like them to do so Peza although I can't see it. I don't think 14/1 is a good price though. I can't see them beating Inter.

peza2605
30th January 2008, 23:32
It would be just like them to do so Peza although I can't see it. I don't think 14/1 is a good price though. I can't see them beating Inter.

i couldnt see them beating juventus ,chelsea or AC in 2005 though..:mad:

vegyjones
30th January 2008, 23:43
i couldnt see them beating juventus ,chelsea or AC in 2005 though..:mad:

You should visit the opticians about that problem Pez :D

scoobydoo
31st January 2008, 03:29
There is no way this Liverpool team will win the champions league..they are just not good enough I dont think. Inter are strong and will cause that Liverpool defence quite a few problems.....so all get yer money on them to do a 2005 now then!!!:rolleyes:

Jonny2621
31st January 2008, 09:40
Liverpool were poor last night and made to look worse by a well-organized West Ham team who grew more confident as the game went on :thumbs

The only top class player they have is Torres, and at £23m he flipping well should be. Gerrard is so overrated it is unreal; he is desperately one-footed and one-dimensional ( ie pass it to Torres). Kuyt would do well in the Championship, runs all night but has no threat to the opposition. How Babel cost £11m only Rafa knows :D

They are so far away from Man U and Chelsea only Rafa can't see it :headbange

West Ham started 4-5-1 which at home is not acceptable but they soon realised Liverpool were there for the taking and when they switched to 4-4-2 and took off the woeful Boa Morte it was game on. Lyungberg had a blinder again; he looks like his old self again.

There was only one midfielder on that pitch who showed real class and bossed the game throughout, Mark Noble. You wouldn't know he was up against the England captain :laugh. He literally fought his team mates to take the penalty. Despite stupid gamesmanhip by Gerrard and Reina making him re-spot, encroaching and Reina refusing to return to his line, he took the penalty like an old pro, calm as you like. Get Innnnnnnnn.

On a final note, Liverpool fans are usually good value, they back their team and unlike the glory hunters of certain top 6 sides, are genuine real fans. I have never ever heard a Liverpool travelling support so quiet for 90 mins.....they are not a happy bunch.

mathare
31st January 2008, 10:14
I have never ever heard a Liverpool travelling support so quiet for 90 mins.....they are not a happy bunch.They are trying to launch an audacious takeover bid for the club and the media are referring to Liverpool as "the troubled Anfield club." When you hear about clubs like Liverpool being referred to as troubled then you know things are bad.

Win2Win
31st January 2008, 10:17
I've still no idea why some fans are having a go at the owner's and not Benitoss, it is he who bought some of those players before the new guys came in, and he is the one that rotates (I wish!!) the team, a wonderful venture that no other top teams do :doh He has no idea about the FA Cup or the Premiership, it is all Europe, Europe, Europe, to him.

Maybe we'll get 12 points with our game in hand :doh

vegyjones
31st January 2008, 10:24
On a final note, Liverpool fans are usually good value, they back their team and unlike the glory hunters of certain top 6 sides,

I think that's unjust Johnny.

The 50th anniversary of the Munich disaster is coming up next week, and Man United fans have agreed to an unprecedented...

They are having a 90 minute silence :D

mathare
31st January 2008, 10:34
I've still no idea why some fans are having a go at the owner's and not Benitoss, it is he who bought some of those players before the new guys came in, and he is the one that rotates (I wish!!) the team, a wonderful venture that no other top teams do :dohYes they do. Chelsea have rotated that Drogba fella out of the side for a few weeks. And Essien. Alex Ferguson keeps rotating his side too - rotating the whole team out after a match and then rotating his best eleven fit players into the side for the next time they have to play a football match.

counterfeit
31st January 2008, 10:50
Mat - even Mikel has been rotated for the past 2 weeks.

Arsenal have given Toure and Eboue a rest too :D

Back to the point though, Liverpool are a worse league team now than when Rafa took over. He has developed a team to win the Champions League and nothing else. If I was a Liverpool fan not only would I be very annoyed but I would worry that a UEFA cup spot might be out of reach.

Actually, I lay the blame firmly at the door of Graeme Souness. 15 years ago the rot set in, yet we are all still talking about Liverpool as a force in English football. They are so far behind the top 3 it must hurt to be a fan.

Fortunately, as an Ipswich fan this sort of problem stopped being an issue in 1984, so I have had over 20 years to come to terms with the fact that we are no good any more.

mathare
31st January 2008, 11:02
Mat - even Mikel has been rotated for the past 2 weeks.Yeah, but he's rarely in the team because he's usually suspended for extreme violence on the pitch

Win2Win
31st January 2008, 11:31
Yes they do. Chelsea have rotated that Drogba fella out of the side for a few weeks. And Essien. Alex Ferguson keeps rotating his side too - rotating the whole team out after a match and then rotating his best eleven fit players into the side for the next time they have to play a football match.

But they don't put all the main players out of the first team in important matches like Benitoss. They rotate the odd one here & there, to give them a break, but not keep the backbone of the defence, midfield & strike force, out all at once of the starting 11 as Mr B Toss R does. :icon_tong

Happy days. At least my beloved Everton are going well. In fact, no idea why Liverpool is my No.1 :doh ......the family is Everton, and we have strong family ties with the club.....maybe if they give me a free ticket :wink

mathare
31st January 2008, 11:55
Happy days. At least my beloved Everton are going well. In fact, no idea why Liverpool is my No.1 :dohGlory hunter! :laugh

Win2Win
31st January 2008, 12:52
I've actually been to more Tranmere matches than Liverpool & Everton :doh

frontrunner
31st January 2008, 12:59
Apparently Mickey Mouse was spotted in Liverpool last night :laugh

Frontrunner
:spinning