PDA

View Full Version : No lose bets

counterfeit
4th February 2008, 14:37
I know as well as anyone that gambling has risks but ...

at the moment it is possible to lay both David Beckham and John Terry for the next England captain.

Given that neither of them are in the squad then how is it possible to lose?

If only I could tie up that sort of money for three days.

mathare
4th February 2008, 14:48
Given that neither of them are in the squad then how is it possible to lose?Because the market may be for the next permanent England captain rather than the skipper for the next match. It's the same as a football club having a club captain and a matchday skipper who may not be the same person.

mathare
4th February 2008, 14:51
I stand corrected:

"Which player will be captain for England against Switzerland on February 6th 2008? This market will be suspended at kick-off. This market will be settled on whoever is captain at the start of the match. No other announcements will have any bearing on the management of this market. Should this match be postponed by more than 3 days then all bets will be void."

But as they are available at 60/990 for JT and 150/990 for Becks there is no point tying up that sort of cash for the return involved. And there is no liquidity in the market with only £13k being matched

counterfeit
4th February 2008, 15:31
I didn't bother replying to your first message as I knew the rules and thought there was a chance you would read them yourself. :)

I want to know who's backing either of them?????????

MattR
4th February 2008, 15:40
No idea, unless it's people freeing up their liability in the market? Taking a chance on a player in the squad that could be captain if Gerrard was injured in training, fine, but those injured I can only think it's for that reason.

mathare
4th February 2008, 15:49
Yeah, as both 990 lays are available to £2 I'd say it's people trading off to free up liability