PDA

View Full Version : New guy

Mikey360
8th February 2008, 14:05
Hi all,

Just thought I would follow the notice asking me to introduce myself.

Im Mike from Southampton and have been gambling for about 4 years now on NBA, Boxing and Greyhounds, I have always been a bit daunted by Horse Racing mostly due to how much there is to know, but after seeing Win2Win I figure now the time to start.

A few newbie questions though, can anyone let me know what Flat Bets and NH Bets are?

Thanks

Mike

toptips
8th February 2008, 14:15
Basically they are what they say - flat bets are bets on flat races, which are run on the flat such as Kempton on the All Weather. while NH bets are over fences and hurdles, such as Kempton today over hurdles.
Flat races are also much shorter while NH races are longer( and slower).

mathare
8th February 2008, 14:17
A few newbie questions though, can anyone let me know what Flat Bets and NH Bets are?
Welcome to the forum Mike :Helooo

Horse racing comes in two codes: flat and NH (National Hunt). Simply put - flat races involve horses running round a racecourse with not too much to get in their way, apart from the other horses. NH (often called jumps) racing involves horses having to navigate their way over obstacles (hurdles or fences depending on the race type) at certain points round the course.

The Grand National is perhaps the most famous NH race,and I'm sure you have seen horses falling at some of the obstacles in that race. The Derby is probably one of the most famous flat races.

Mikey360
8th February 2008, 14:22
Thanks Mathare :)

Win2Win
8th February 2008, 14:54
Flat racing is where you are beaten by a short head, NH is when you horse is miles in the lead and falls at the last :laugh