PDA

View Full Version : laying Horses in the morning time

sjvhelen67
12th February 2008, 20:34
hi

i have been on betfair for about 2 years now and must have done the best part of 4 grand as i was not protecting my bank. After reading various information iam going to start to lay fav in races with more than ten runner to a fixed amount of 1% of bank. I will only lay favs between 3 and 4.5 on betfair aswell as if there is 2 horses in the same race that meet my criteria i will lay them both but i will lay so that i wll break even if 2nd fav wins and pay out if fav wins if neither wins i collect.

The problem is with my limited knowlege i have to be by my computor neer the start of each race as when i have looked at the betfair markets in the morning the prices are exagerated somtimes to beting shop prices and they seem to level out to the start of races(e,g today there was to horses that were priced up at 2/1 and 9/4 but on betfair they were 3/1 so therfore i could not lay the horses abd then go out. If anyone has any suggestions please could you assist

Cheers

TheOldhamWhisper
12th February 2008, 20:55
I've moved this to a more appropriate section. :)

Win2Win
12th February 2008, 21:11
Not surprised you've done £4000.

Have you researched this new laying idea? It is very difficult to profit from laying these days, much easier making money from winners. I can tell just by reading what you wrote, that idea will produce heavy losses without even running it through my software.

You should only start with a £100 betting bank & 1% if laying, and if you can't make money with that, then you can't make money with anything higher.

mathare
12th February 2008, 21:49
After reading various information iam going to start to lay fav in races with more than ten runner to a fixed amount of 1% of bank. I will only lay favs between 3 and 4.5 on betfair aswell as if there is 2 horses in the same race that meet my criteria i will lay them both but i will lay so that i wll break even if 2nd fav wins and pay out if fav wins if neither wins i collect.That first sentence contains a system and staking plan and then the second one completely ignores it :ermmm

If there is a fav between 3.0 and 4.5 on Betfair and you lay it to 1% of your bank to fixed stake then you could lose 2% to 3.5% for each winning fav. But if there are joint favs (which is the only way two horses could meet the criteria) you will change the staking such that your stake on the 'favourite' covers the potential loss on the 'second favourite' i.e. up to a 3.5% stake on one horse for each 1% on the other. That race could cost you over 10% of your bank if the fav wins (you stake 3.5% on the 'fav' in order to break even if the second fav wins at 4.5 but if the fav wins at 4.5 then you lose 3.5*3.5 =12.25% of the bank but you get 1% back for the second fav not winning, so 11.25% in total).

And you could even mean fancied horses not just favs i.e. any runners priced 3.0 to 4.5 on the Betfair market.

This way disaster lies.

Favourites win around 35% of their races. I don't have stats for favs under 7/2 but as you could lose 11.25% in one race yet make your money back at only 1% each race for each losing favourite you need a MUCH lower fav SR than 35%.

Your staking is mental. The whole idea is crazy if you ask me.
Being near a computer for the off is the least of your worries I'd say

davidsteel
12th February 2008, 21:49
hi

i have been on betfair for about 2 years now and must have done the best part of 4 grand as i was not protecting my bank. After reading various information iam going to start to lay fav in races with more than ten runner to a fixed amount of 1% of bank. I will only lay favs between 3 and 4.5 on betfair aswell as if there is 2 horses in the same race that meet my criteria i will lay them both but i will lay so that i wll break even if 2nd fav wins and pay out if fav wins if neither wins i collect.

The problem is with my limited knowlege i have to be by my computor neer the start of each race as when i have looked at the betfair markets in the morning the prices are exagerated somtimes to beting shop prices and they seem to level out to the start of races(e,g today there was to horses that were priced up at 2/1 and 9/4 but on betfair they were 3/1 so therfore i could not lay the horses abd then go out. If anyone has any suggestions please could you assist

Cheers

Good luck to you m8, out of curiosity what data do you have?

sjvhelen67
12th February 2008, 22:18
Cheers for that information i would be very greatfull for any i deas or systems to follow.

kyle5
15th February 2008, 16:32
The betfair laying system that I am currently looking at I found for free.
I am also on a steep learning curve with betfair! Im a bit of a novice. lol.
The system I found seems to be of a relatively high standard and is probably worth a look-

Please do not post links without permission!!

If anybody has any thoughts on this system and can help me out in any way please do.

Hope that helps!

kyle5
20th February 2008, 20:11
Apologies - Was not trying to spam. Was just trying to help you out.
Not sure what permissions I need to post the link.
If anyone wants it you can p.m. me.