PDA

View Full Version : Place market SPs

wb
18th February 2008, 11:21
I see Betfair are going live this week with some place market SPs. I'm looking forward to this as it has always been difficult to get an accurate price of what the horses went off at. Prices in the place market have always been a bit of a grey area, so at least this will bring some clarity.

DarkHorse
19th February 2008, 10:23
Yes,good news

Is there anywhere where you can see the official Place Sps at the end of each days racing?

mathare
19th February 2008, 10:30
Is there anywhere where you can see the official Place Sps at the end of each days racing?There is no such thing.

The Tote has place dividends for placed horses and you can work out place odds based on the SP and the fractions paid out for places but there is no official place SP.

DarkHorse
19th February 2008, 12:05
I meant mate for the new Betfair Place Sps which started yesterday

mathare
19th February 2008, 12:11
I assume they will put the data in their Betfair data area every month/quarter/however often they do it

Mattw07
19th February 2008, 14:00
http://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/SP_history.html

This is the SP History page, presume the place SPs will be there somewhere.

DarkHorse
20th February 2008, 09:32
Cheers

wb
19th February 2009, 22:15
Yes,good news

Is there anywhere where you can see the official Place Sps at the end of each days racing?

Betfair are now making their place SPs available - check the results tab here:

http://form.horseracing.betfair.com/timeform

barrelmaniac
14th April 2009, 19:42
Does anyone have any experience with betfair place sp's and how they compare to bookie place sp's?

Im assuming that there would be little benefit using betfair for place sp's......would I be right???

wb
14th April 2009, 19:51
Does anyone have any experience with betfair place sp's and how they compare to bookie place sp's?

Im assuming that there would be little benefit using betfair for place sp's......would I be right???

It's completely different to each way betting to be honest. Most bookmakers don't offer place only betting and you have to do a win bet too as part of it.