PDA

View Full Version : Are You Enjoying Your Job?

Win2Win
18th February 2008, 22:06
:thumbs

Wouldn't change mine for anything.....well maybe when I have a few hundred on a horse 20 lengths clear that falls at the last :headbange

Although I do keep adding new business ventures to my portfolio, I was supposed to be cutting back :splapme

Anyone here enjoy work or you all want to hang your boss? :D

mathare
18th February 2008, 22:12
I love my job but each day is a new challenge and I am currently the pawn in a power struggle between my boss and one of her peers, which isn't great. But I love the company, the atmosphere, the location and most of the people. Oh, and the money :D

Jonny2621
18th February 2008, 22:30
I AM the boss and want to hang everyone else! :D

presto
18th February 2008, 22:33
i went bact to work for a couple of days a week in december as a chef, and must say i am loving it, the people are good fun (plenty of lovely young women :thumbs ). the pub's nearing the end of a £250k refurb so havn't been properly working for a while now, but theres another 40 staff starting :yikes:
- pay is s##t though :(

the pub's just got wi-fi aswell so tempted to work near full time and take a laptop :)

tophatter
18th February 2008, 22:37
no, i work in the print industry.

long hours, lots of pressure and a shrinking market.

vegyjones
18th February 2008, 22:49
Hoping to meet my boss about a shift up the ladder this week actually :D

orientalexpress
18th February 2008, 23:10
I aim to be an internet marketeer after i finish uni but obviously gotta get a job to get by while i'll build my online info business. win2win will always be in my portfolio. (Keith when you rolling out you affiliate program, i got business for you) So yeah I will love my "job" once i start it.

Street cry
18th February 2008, 23:24
Dont reckon mine much at the moment not sleeping working like mad stressed out depressed where's the hanging rope

TheOldhamWhisper
18th February 2008, 23:42
I tend to put in an extra 20 (unpaid) hours a week on top of my paid hours, so I must enjoy it to some degree! Actually, I love my work - it is challenging and rarely are two days the same.

The only real downside is that when you work in IT, there is no such thing as a 'day off' - people think it's OK to phone anytime of night/day/weekend/holiday...etc. I even got a call on Christmas day last year to 'help set the wireless network up for the kids new computer'!!

bigmazey
19th February 2008, 01:36
Unfortunately i am pretty stagnant in my job at the moment. People being slotted into this position and that position.I can be a bit outspoken and that tends not liked.Also the team i manage are a bunch of moaners and there are to many factions amongst them . We are undergoing a service review and everyone seems to be fearing there positions.

I wish I could go and do something else but at the moment i really do not know what that is.

Am I at a crossroads? yes, i think so.

silax
19th February 2008, 04:02
loving mine although only been there a few days off to oman today to check out another tourist trip. when in the office get to sit next to a young philopeno girl and they pay me buttons but i'd do it for nothing.

bigcumba
19th February 2008, 08:13
After almost 29 years in the NHS I'd say I'm bored with my job at best and on bad days I'd want to kill for something more fulfiling. The job has become ever more of a challenge with lack of funding eaning we end up using equipment for longer than we used to, so it tends to break down more often, adding to the stress of being so short staffed in the lab we are working some days with 5 or 6 folk when there should be up to 13..... 'barely coping' is how I'd describe it. Thankfully there are a couple of folk there I get on really well with and they make it almost worth while turning up. Basic Pay is reasonable at my level, though trainees and newly qualified folk must struggle a bit. My emergency duty payments bump up my overal salary by another 60-70% each year otherwise I'd not be able to afford a mortgage but it also means that I'd never be able to find another job that paid so well... so I'm stuck with it.

peza2605
19th February 2008, 09:41
which one?:mad:

vegyjones
19th February 2008, 10:52
Hoping to meet my boss about a shift up the ladder this week actually :D

Looks like being postponed. :mad:

Onlyforfun
19th February 2008, 11:15
I like what I do but the company I work for is struggling so nothing is certain and getting a budget for anything is impossible even though delays will cost money. I also spend a lot of time dealing with admin problems caused by stoopid Americans which wasn't so much of a problem in the past.

Still, when I get bored I just try to teach myself something new, job related or not. Been spending a lot of time on technical charting recently, expanding the types of charts I can read and use. If all else fails there is always Miniclip!

markwales
19th February 2008, 19:07
Yes I love my job.

I'm similar to Oldham in that a 55-60 hour working week is pretty much the norm at the moment with a 36.5 hour salaried job.

I love working with millions of pounds every day, ensuring that the right staffing hours and in the right place, and that budgets are as honest as they possibly can be, but I hate the pressure that comes with those millions we shuffle around!!

The money is very good, and the benefits package is excellent, but that doesn't make up for lack of family time, and seeing my son for only 1 hour a day midweek if I'm lucky.

Love my job, love my family..... need to spend more time with the latter!!

mathare
20th February 2008, 14:51
I'll tell you what - I just took immense satisfaction from an argument I just had in the middle of our open plan office with one of our developers. He came to me with ideas above his station about how I should be doing my job and running my team so I put him firmly in his place, ending the argument with "Right, I'm just about to have my lunch so if you have a problem with any of that I suggest you talk to your boss and my boss, otherwise just :censored: off back to your desk and sit down."

Loved it :D

susanwells
20th February 2008, 19:28
Love it. Love it, love it, love it. love it, love it. :hearty
I`ve never had a proper job in the sense of being employed by anyone, if you don``t count Woolworths etc in the 6th form/uni holidays. I`ve been a professional writer for 45 years. I`ve written 4 books this year and I still love it. Also loved the time when I didn`t write - about 5 years all told, with small children. But I was always glad to get back. Nothing`s changed except a laptop. And the money ain`t bad, all things considered. :happyboun

Win2Win
20th February 2008, 20:15
I`ve written 4 books this year .....

In 7 weeks? :ooo

vegyjones
20th February 2008, 20:34
In 7 weeks? :ooo

:D
Must be short stories. :D

davidsteel
20th February 2008, 21:15
:D
Must be short stories. :D

haha.

John
20th February 2008, 21:55
No. I hate it.

John
16th April 2008, 20:22
Soon, I will have a new one.

I've been having a lot of interviews lately and today was the day of telling my boss that I'm leaving... I was shaking like a leaf and could barely get my words out, but all was good. He was very understanding, if gutted.

York is nice, now bring on London. :D

laffo16
16th April 2008, 23:53
at the moment, id rather spend my tired mornings lying in bed dreaming of a sunny beach, but after a few coffee's im good 2 go. ow i forgot the naked chicks on the beach, lets not forget that bit :)

Win2Win
17th April 2008, 08:50
....... forgot the naked chicks on the beach, lets not forget that bit :)
Sheep.....maybe.....but chickens??? :sex1:omg:

presto
5th May 2008, 20:09
starting a new job in liverpool tomorow, well the other side of the river in birkenhead as 'releif' head chef / kitchen manager. it's only for 2 weeks to a month but it should be fun as the kitchen is apparently a disaster zone run by a muppet, but now he's gone i have to do a gordon ramsey and turn it around.

Win2Win
5th May 2008, 20:11
I'll be in for dinner next week.....freebie of course :)

Linfield
5th May 2008, 20:36
I used to work for myself, but for the last ten years have worked in a variety of 'ordinary' jobs.
I've hated everyone of them, and my present job as a Portable Appliance tester is the most boring of the lot.
Being told what to do by fools is sooooo irritating.

Tony

vegyjones
5th May 2008, 22:03
Got my move (more of a sideways movement rather than a promotion) that I was hoping for. Now working in Insolvency, closing bankruptcy and liquidation cases and the such! Compared to what I was doing, it is a great deal more interesting. My general mood is more positive about life and my motivation recovered from being at an utimately low point. Plenty of scope to learn more and get more involved which is something to look forward to.

John
5th May 2008, 23:33
So how does that tie in with being a masturbation physiologist?

vegyjones
6th May 2008, 00:12
Everyone's gotta have a hobby :doh

Win2Win
6th May 2008, 08:52
So how does that tie in with being a masturbation physiologist?

You want to see his help video's....

.....on second thoughts, maybe you don't :laugh