PDA

View Full Version : Racing-friendly pubs

mathare
7th March 2008, 10:53
Anyone know any decent pubs in London to watch racing, especially Cheltenham?

Win2Win
7th March 2008, 11:15
I'd imagine most will have it on, but you want Sky, not the cheap buggers who'll just show 4 races from Ch4 :ooo

mathare
7th March 2008, 11:24
I'd imagine most will have it on, but you want Sky, not the cheap buggers who'll just show 4 races from Ch4 :oooI don't recall ever seeing racing in a London pub

vegyjones
7th March 2008, 11:52
Tom Cribb just off Haymrket always has Channel 4 on during Chelts. More than wel;come to join me Mat :D

wb
7th March 2008, 13:45
Not sure what part of London you are in, but I was in a good racing pub in Peckham. It's very near Peckham bus depot, and there's a Will Hills next door. I cant remember the name of it, but the pub is quite noticeable and it's decked out in English and Union Jack flags. It was a bit intimidating for a foreigner like me going in, but everyone was dead friendly!

mathare
7th March 2008, 13:52
Not sure what part of London you are in, but I was in a good racing pub in Peckham. It's very near Peckham bus depot, and there's a Will Hills next door. I cant remember the name of it, but the pub is quite noticeable and it's decked out in English and Union Jack flags. It was a bit intimidating for a foreigner like me going in, but everyone was dead friendly!I live south-west but am happy to go in to the centre. Not sure I fancy the BNP headquarters in Peckham but thanks for that anyway

MattR
7th March 2008, 14:02
. Not sure I fancy the BNP headquarters in Peckham but thanks for that anyway

:laugh

vegyjones
7th March 2008, 14:24
A few bevvies in the Sports Cafe at lunchtime, also in Haymarket?

Win2Win
7th March 2008, 14:27
A few bevvies in the Sports Cafe at lunchtime, also in Haymarket?
Your building up a nice list of: PLACES TO AVOID :D

wb
7th March 2008, 14:35
I live south-west but am happy to go in to the centre. Not sure I fancy the BNP headquarters in Peckham but thanks for that anyway

I thought they don't like the Irish?! The fact that I have a skinhead probably allowed me to fit in:laugh

mathare
7th March 2008, 14:38
A few bevvies in the Sports Cafe at lunchtime, also in Haymarket?I did think about the Sports Cafe, aye. And what's this "at lunchtime" rubbish? I plan to spend most of the day in the pub :)

mathare
7th March 2008, 14:40
The fact that I have a skinhead probably allowed me to fit in:laugh:laugh Were you wearing DMs too?

They probably didn't realise you were Irish and thought you were from the north somewhere