View Full Version : Wills

Win2Win
11th March 2008, 22:12
You know, the when you die stuff!!

I haven't updated mine since 1066 :ooo. What's the best way, solicitor, or are the Post Office ones OK (do they still do them? They seem to be busy 'doing' Wendy Richards :yikes:).

With all the accounts & passwords we now have on the internet, can you imagine how the family would sort it all out if you dropped dead?

mathare
11th March 2008, 22:12
You must have just got a really expensive birthday present or some bad news from the doctor to the thinking about wills

Win2Win
11th March 2008, 22:29
You must have just got a really expensive birthday present or some bad news from the doctor to the thinking about wills

:D

It was the news about that Aussie accident, you know, 'Accidental death'....which means he was well aware of what he was doing :rolleyes:

Anyway, he's left a bit of a mess with no will to cover his recent life.

Jonny2621
11th March 2008, 23:17
Solicitor is the nly way to if you want to keep as much dosh as possible out of the govts hands....the PO one is fine if youve only got £34.95 in a building soc. account....

wb
12th March 2008, 04:55
What happens to money that people have stored in places like betfair and other such accounts when they die? I know some people with quite a few quid in there, but I doubt their wife knows the passwords etc.

davidsteel
12th March 2008, 07:36
What happens to money that people have stored in places like betfair and other such accounts when they die? I know some people with quite a few quid in there, but I doubt their wife knows the passwords etc.

It would be traceable by deposits or withdrawals through bank statements, i guess then an offical letter from the Solicitor dealing with the deceased estate would suffice..

Win2Win
12th March 2008, 09:54

That's one of the points I'm making. Probably best to right down all your online user/passwords and have them stored in the Will with a solicitor, or put in a bank box.