PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Footy

Win2Win
22nd March 2008, 21:09
If Liverpool & Chelsea both win the Premiership is suddenly more interesting :ooo

Better still, Liverpool win (2-1) & the others draw :thumbs

If that happens I may auction off my 20/1 Liverpool for the Premiership I got around Xmas :wink (A lucky fiver :doh)

Win2Win
22nd March 2008, 21:12
Saturday, 05 April 2008
Arsenal (1) v Liverpool (3) :D

peza2605
22nd March 2008, 21:16
sunday 23 march 2008

manchester united 6 (six) liverpool 1

Win2Win
22nd March 2008, 21:33
If Liverpool score first, I bet I can hear your scream even with the windows closed :D

scoobydoo
22nd March 2008, 22:55
If Liverpool & Chelsea both win the Premiership is suddenly more interesting :ooo

Some of us dont want it more interesting thanks a lot!! :D

Fadetoblack
23rd March 2008, 02:56

Better still, Liverpool win (2-1) & the others draw :thumbs

If that happens I may auction off my 20/1 Liverpool for the Premiership I got around Xmas :wink (A lucky fiver :doh)

And Jesus rises from the dead....

eruptive plot
23rd March 2008, 09:17
if it goes to form,a mancky defender will score in the last 2 minutes of the game:helper

Win2Win
23rd March 2008, 10:00
And Jesus rises from the dead....
If we are all promised eternal existence in the after-life then he's not actually dead from the first round :doh

peza2605
23rd March 2008, 10:09
if it goes to form,a mancky defender will score in the last 2 minutes of the game:helper

thatll do me:D

Win2Win
23rd March 2008, 11:09
Followed by a diving Gerrard in the area with no one near him, but getting a penalty with 5 seconds to go :thumbs

mathare
23rd March 2008, 11:22
Followed by a diving Gerrard in the area with no one near him, but getting a penalty with 5 seconds to go :thumbsWhich Dirk Kuyt insists on taking...

MattR
23rd March 2008, 11:40
It could be a cracking run in with them all playing each other.

I see Man Utd have there obligatory near end of season game against West Ham and we all know how that one tends to end up!

Arsenal have a lot of away games but three of them away to Bolton, Derby and Sunderland who if they are desperate to win will actually suit Arsenal more than if they were sitting back defending. I suppose with them having Man U/Liverpool and Chelsea to play it could be said they will play the biggest part in deciding who wins. If they beat Chelsea and lose to Man Utd that would probably hand it to Man Utd. The other way around, or beat both and it's going to be very tight.

If Chelsea beat Arsenal and Man Utd then they could yet retain the title.

As to Liverpool, if they win the next three games then just maybe they have a chance of winning the title with the way they are playing. They don't concede and since Benitez had the fantastic idea of playing his £28 million forward in every game they are scoring goals. Home to Blackburn and Man City and away to Fulham, Birmingham and a tricky last game at Spurs. I can see them picking up at least 12 points from those so that would give them 21 points and 80 in total.

Going to see how it might pan out then:

Remaining games

Liverpool

Man Utd (A) Draw
Everton (H) Win
Arsenal (A) Draw
Blackburn (H) Win
Fulham (A) Win
Birmingham (A) Win
Man City (H) Win
Spurs (A) Win

20 points

Chelsea

Arsenal (H) Draw
Middlesboro (H) Win
Man City (A) Win
Wigan (H) Win
Everton (A) Draw
Man Utd (H) Draw
Newcastle (A) Win
Bolton (H) Win

18 points

Arsenal
Chelsea (A) Draw
Bolton (A) Win
Liverpool (H) Draw
Man Utd (A) Draw
Reading (H) Win
Derby (A) Win
Everton (H) Draw
Sunderland (A) Win

16 points

Man Utd
Liverpool (H) Draw
Aston Villa (H) Win
Middlesboro (A) Draw - as Boro always do well against top 4 for some inexplicable reason!
Arsenal (H) Draw
Blackburn (A) Draw
Chelsea (A) Draw
West Ham (H) Win
Wigan (A) Win

14 points

So that gives us

Man Utd 84
Arsenal 83
Chelsea 83
Liverpool 79

Which makes the games between them pretty much the deciding factor I think. If any of those teams can win the games against the rest it should be decisive.

Could be a cracking last day on sky which I won't see as I'll be watching Pompey v Fulham!

eruptive plot
23rd March 2008, 15:04
defender again. i dont :censored: belive it

yerotsluap
23rd March 2008, 15:19
What an idiot Mascherano must be

sparkyminer
23rd March 2008, 15:19
If Chelsea beat Arsenal and Man Utd then they could yet retain the title.

Regain, surely. :D
I thought Man Utd were champions last season.:wink

peza2605
23rd March 2008, 15:24
could see that coming ever snce his 1st booking.

Win2Win
23rd March 2008, 15:24
:ermmm Bloody foreigners :icon_tong :icon_tong :icon_tong

peza2605
23rd March 2008, 15:27
andy gray not happy about it.

Win2Win
23rd March 2008, 15:29
andy gray not happy about it.
I agree with what Grays saying, but even so, Masc shouldn't have put himself in that position. It wasn't as though he was swearing his head off in his face though :geek

yerotsluap
23rd March 2008, 15:31
After the Ashley Cole thing midweek it was obvious the refs were going to crack down on this. Looking at the angle they've just shown on sky he probably didn't deserve to be sent off but if you're going to run 20 yards to get involved you're running the risk of being sent off. Will be interesting to see if the FA have the balls to extend his suspension for what happened afterwards

peza2605
23rd March 2008, 15:31
I agree with what Grays saying, but even so, Masc shouldn't have put himself in that position. It wasn't as though he was swearing his head off in his face though :geek

peza agrees with scouser shocker!:yikes:

peza2605
23rd March 2008, 16:10
i think ill be in a good mood at work tonight....:D:D:D

Win2Win
23rd March 2008, 17:35
You can dream of Liverpool beating ManU in the Champions League :thumbs

Fadetoblack
23rd March 2008, 19:02
:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun:happyboun

:D:D:D:D:D:D:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Win2Win
23rd March 2008, 19:33
Good first goal for Chelsea, only 3 offside :rolleyes:

eruptive plot
23rd March 2008, 23:17

by the time that i go back to work it should be all forgotten:snooze

Win2Win
24th March 2008, 09:35
Shouldn't Drogba have been sent off for the first goal? Shirt off (Yellow)....stupid rule I know......Running into the crowd (Yellow)!!

Looks like a good time to play Arsenal in the Champions League :thumbs

MattR
24th March 2008, 11:10
Regain, surely. :D
I thought Man Utd were champions last season.:wink

Oh you and your technicalities :laugh

I can't believe Mascarenho did that yesterday. Yes, like Gray said he wasn't going mad at him, just asking, but having had a yellow already and just seen the ref book Torres for back chatting what did he think would happen? They may not have equalised in the end but they certainly weren't going to once he got himself sent off.

I thought that at the time Keith, about Drogba. It was technically two yellow card offences (petty as they are!)

Win2Win
24th March 2008, 14:29
If the captain is the only player supposed to communicate with the ref, surely the ref should have had a word with Gerrard to control his players first :doh

One thing about that policy mentioned on the radio this morning, most captains are defenders or goalies, so if an offense happens in the other penalty area, is the captain supposed to run all the way up the pitch & back again just to talk to the ref???

MattR
24th March 2008, 17:38
One thing about that policy mentioned on the radio this morning, most captains are defenders or goalies, so if an offense happens in the other penalty area, is the captain supposed to run all the way up the pitch & back again just to talk to the ref???

Maybe that's a good thing. If the captain wants to run 50 yards to have a moan about a decision (that the ref isn't going to change his mind on anyway ) and leave himself out of position perhaps he'll think twice about doing it!

Win2Win
24th March 2008, 20:30
Aren't the worsed culprits for surrounding the ref Chelsea & ManU though, I though they are supposed to be booked for that, just doesn't happen though. Nor does it when they wave imaginary cards.....and you're supposed to get booked for diving in the box, and Ronaldo was nearly nominated for an oscar!!!