PDA

View Full Version : BBC Sport website

scoobydoo
26th March 2008, 12:12
Anyone else getting problems viewing video on their site? I am getting its not available in my territory! I know they are changing the way video is shown on the site but its been like it a while now. :rolleyes:

Win2Win
26th March 2008, 12:26
Fine my end.

Ask Vegy if you need help sorting out your PC :lickme

MattR
26th March 2008, 13:34
Anyone else getting problems viewing video on their site? I am getting its not available in my territory! I know they are changing the way video is shown on the site but its been like it a while now. :rolleyes:

Who are you with Scooby? I'm on aol and I used to occasionally get that message with bookmaker sites saying we can't accept customers from your location, as I presume it sometimes flagged up as being an american IP address. Now it's on carphone warehouse servers and I haven't had it since.

scoobydoo
26th March 2008, 15:32
Who are you with Scooby? I'm on aol and I used to occasionally get that message with bookmaker sites saying we can't accept customers from your location, as I presume it sometimes flagged up as being an american IP address. Now it's on carphone warehouse servers and I haven't had it since.

I'm with Virgin Matt.

Just found this on their site hidden away....

I'm in the UK but I am being told that content is not available in my territoryWe use technology to prevent people from outside the UK from accessing content that we need to limit to the UK for rights reasons.

Unfortunately there is currently a problem with the system which means that some people in the UK are wrongly being identified as being outside it. Our engineers are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you should be able to access our non-rights restricted content. :headbange:mad::headbange:headbange:censored:;fire

wb
26th March 2008, 15:34
I get that all the time Scooby, but I'm based in Ireland, so that's the reason. It must be something to do with your IP address or ISP then no? I assume the don't recognize it as a British one somehow.

scoobydoo
26th March 2008, 15:41
There is a system problem Wayne...typical BBC:ermmm

Win2Win
26th March 2008, 16:18
Just get the demo of HIDE THE IP http://www.hide-the-ip.com/ ....and put yourself in the UK. Make sure you use an ELITE proxy, or it will not work.

vegyjones
26th March 2008, 16:54
Just get the demo of HIDE THE IP http://www.hide-the-ip.com/ ....and put yourself in the UK. Make sure you use an ELITE proxy, or it will not work.

Has Lincoln been bought by France? :D

scoobydoo
26th March 2008, 17:42

Im in the UK...tell the BBC!!!:D Trial version wont let you choose your country. I was in Croatia....weather wasnt much cop.

Has Lincoln been bought by France? :D

Yes east coast has been invaded first....they are just taking care of the Poles first! :)

Win2Win
26th March 2008, 18:30
You just keep conecting, it will use UK at some point. Or use HIDE MY IP , the demo gives you country selection.