PDA

View Full Version : Roma V Manchester United

vegyjones
1st April 2008, 00:36
An interesting statistic I cam across for this mtach

Roma have won 14 of their last 15 home games.
This includes victories against teams of the calibre of AC Milan and Real Madrid. The one game they didn't win, was against Manchester United in a 1-1 draw back in the group stages back in December.

That kind of stat tells me that Man United are in no way a betting proposition for tomorrow's match.

Indeed, they definitely do not justify favouritism at 13/8!

You can even get odds against in the draw no bet market on Roma, which to me, considering their home record, and their record in Europe this season I think is an exceptional offer.

Man United also haven't taken part in a 0-0 draw since their opening league game against Reading. Their games in the champions league have also been low scoring affairs. Only 3 times has there been more than 2 goals in any of their champions league games, and two of those were against a lacklustre Dynamo Kiev. I reckon you could probably get away with dutching Roma to win 1-0 and the 1-1 draw in the correct score market to make a decent profit.

John
1st April 2008, 00:40
Difficult one Gaz!

If I were to place a bet, I'd go for Man United win. Seriously... they were simply awesome on Saturday against Villa, and they'll be buzzing from that win. Anyone defending against Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, Carrick and Giggs have got real problems. I wouldn't be surprised if they thrashed Roma (again) regardless of their home record!

I reckon it could be a draw, but I really can't see Man United losing.

Win2Win
1st April 2008, 08:43
I would not even consider a bet on any of the teams in this competition from now on.

I see UEFA have told Roma they are watching......rather than saying both sets of fans must behave. I bet someone still gets stabbed though :ermmm

...and the Roma police now use the video of last years match to show them how NOT to police a football match :laugh

If I went the match, I'd take a ManU shirt & a Roma one.....and keep changing depending on who is in the road :thumbs

MattR
1st April 2008, 10:56
Interesting stats Vegy. Roma have also beaten Inter Milan away this season in the cup and drawn there in the league too. I thought they were excellent against Real Madrid. However, Totti is injured which is big loss to them as they play off him. He holds the ball up and starts things moving. They do have a lot of other good players too though and I certainly wouldn't write them off.

I would imagine there will be goals as they are not your normal low scoring Italian team, scoring 55 goals in 31 league games this season and Man Utd are hardly slow at coming forward and will be wanting to nick and away goal. With Totti injured that might just make the difference and I'd go for 1-1 1-2 if I had to pick two scores.