PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool v Arsenal

Win2Win
2nd April 2008, 11:53
More of a :censored: Test Match than football games.

I will not be betting on any of these matches. Past stats show you can get a 3-0 win, and then the following match the score is reversed :doh

Must be a hell of a buzz for the players in games like this though.

And all 3 matches will be a good warm-up for when we knock Chelsea out :D

mathare
2nd April 2008, 12:06
I think the Champions League is a very difficult betting proposition, far more so than the Premiership etc.

Some teams get fired up for Europe on a regular basis, others on an irregular basis and others don't seem to get fired up at all. Will tonight be a true European game for either side? Will Liverpool face Arsenal (not Chelsea as Keith says above - and he calls himself a Liverpool fan :laugh) with the same attitude as they would Roma, for example? Sure, this is a two-legged knockout affair but is it a true European test or will it be treated more like a series of league games or even a domestic cup tie? Who knows.

And as you say the results can seem very random at times.

The competition also has too many nothing games for my liking, especially at the end of the group stages and in the second legs of the knockouts. Teams facing an away game in the second leg of a tie having lost their home leg by a couple of goals seem to give up rather than fight.

Also I find the stats for this competition aren't that useful. I don't think streaks of European wins matter that much as there aren't that many games in the competition each season and the teams faced can vary so much. I tried a stats-based approach to this competition and it didn't go well. I'll stick to more predictable competitions like the Premiership.

Win2Win
2nd April 2008, 12:44
not Chelsea as Keith says above - and he calls himself a Liverpool fan

:doh

vegyjones
2nd April 2008, 12:53
Liverpool are playing Arsenal tonight boss! :D

Win2Win
2nd April 2008, 13:21
I know that!!! That's what my post is about! :splapme

You two can't read English:
And all 3 matches will be a good warm-up for when we knock Chelsea out. :headbange

scoobydoo
2nd April 2008, 13:33
So youre just showing your confidence then eh Keith!!:)

Ill be laying Liverpool for a few pounds tonight. I think this tie all depends on how Arsenal play as they are a better team imho...if they play up to their ability I think they'll scrape through. If this match were played 6 weeks ago I would be confident but as Liverpool are a form and not class team :D it makes betting against them dangerous...esp in this competition! :yikes: I think Ive just changed my own mind here! :doh

mathare
2nd April 2008, 13:37
I know that!!! That's what my post is about! :splapmeBut it's ambiguous as it talks about 3 matches in a thread entitled Liverpool v Chelsea so any reasonable person may concur that Liverpool are playing Chelsea three times

Win2Win
2nd April 2008, 13:50
So 'All 3 matches will be a warm-up' for what then? If it was 1 match warm-up, or 2 match warm-up, then yes you're right, but I said '3', which means in English they play all 3 to warm-up for Chelsea!! :ermmm

No wonder this countries in a mess, even the citizens fail the immigrants UK test :rolleyes:

mathare
2nd April 2008, 14:12
So 'All 3 matches will be a warm-up' for what then? It could be interpreted that your post should have been entitled Liverpool v Arsenal as those were the teams you were discussing most, then as you say, your line about the warm-up for Chelsea works. OR it could be interpreted as a post about matches between Liverpool and Chelsea and that you wrote the wrong team in that last line.

You wouldn't call a book "Sheep molestation for beginners" if the first few chapters talking about fiddling with goats with the last page saying "That should warm you up nicely for the sheep". No, that'd be "Goat molestation for beginners"

vegyjones
2nd April 2008, 14:17
I agree with Mat,

The article definitely makes the title look out of place, or indeed the last line.
But as we know the last line to be what is expected, it infers the title is wrong
and should have been Liverpool V Arsenal.

Much of the article suggests you are talking about the title game, and so therfore,
the title should have included arsenal and not chelsea.

scoobydoo
2nd April 2008, 14:18
You wouldn't call a book "Sheep molestation for beginners" if the first few chapters talking about fiddling with goats with the last page saying "That should warm you up nicely for the sheep". No, that'd be "Goat molestation for beginners"

:laugh Dont you give him ideas Mat! :D

Win2Win
2nd April 2008, 14:59
:laugh Dont you give him ideas Mat! :D
I don't need ideas :wink

MattR
2nd April 2008, 18:40
I feel in the minority now because I didn't read Keith's comment to be anything other than what is was. Saying these games would serve as a warm up to knocking out Chelsea.

So, Liverpool win in Europe again by:

1) A diabolical sending off of an opponent
2) A freak 25yd own goal
3) Penalties

Seriously though, with Sagna out and Wenger likely to play Toure there then I think if Senderos plays at centre back then Torres will run him ragged. Having said that, it depends on what Liverpool turn up. An adventurous one or the play defensive one. Personally I hope Arsenal win but I think it's going to a be a tight one.

Win2Win
2nd April 2008, 18:53
So, Liverpool win in Europe again by:

1) A diabolical sending off of an opponent
2) A freak 25yd own goal
3) Penalties

4) Gerrard dive :thumbs

peza2605
2nd April 2008, 19:25
dont know who to support:rolleyes:

scoobydoo
2nd April 2008, 19:32
dont know who to support:rolleyes:

Fenerbache! :)

Ill be surprised if there is more than 1 goal in this match...I see this being very cagey indeed. In fact The Bill might be more fun than this...there is just too much to lose for both of them.

scoobydoo
2nd April 2008, 20:12
Wow....2 chances and 2 goals!! :yikes:

Win2Win
2nd April 2008, 20:34
Isn't like watching 'normal' Arsenal, games a bit muddled.....and Kuyt scored :ooo ....then got kicked in the nuts :laugh

scoobydoo
2nd April 2008, 20:37
Arsenal dont look side they were a few months ago...by the look of this I think Liverpool could score again if they want to but 1-1 would suit them fine. Arsenal need to do much more in the 2nd half.

MattR
2nd April 2008, 21:36
Liverpool's luck beggars belief in this competition :laugh As blatant a penalty as you're likely to see and in full view of the ref and then Bendtner clears a certain goal off the line :ermmm

scoobydoo
2nd April 2008, 21:40
Liverpool's luck beggars belief in this competition :laugh As blatant a penalty as you're likely to see and in full view of the ref and then Bendtner clears a certain goal off the line :ermmm

That penalty was unreal wasnt it....maybe a Euro conspiracy again here! :D They are having some huge luck...again! But cups are all about that I guess. Still all to play for as I am pretty sure Aresnal will score at Anfield. Bendtner is just not good enough at this level..what was he thinking?!:rolleyes:

peza2605
2nd April 2008, 21:44

YHGR

Win2Win
2nd April 2008, 21:52
Bendtner is just not good enough at this level..what was he thinking?!:rolleyes:
Fantastic footwork, would do very well on Come Dancing :D

MattR
2nd April 2008, 21:53
YHGR

Nope, two minutes and I still haven't got it, what is it :laugh

Win2Win
2nd April 2008, 21:54
What I want to know is this. With next weeks game being so important for both teams, the title race basically over for both of them, who'll be playing at the weekend? :doh

MattR
2nd April 2008, 21:59
What I want to know is this. With next weeks game being so important for both teams, the title race basically over for both of them, who'll be playing at the weekend? :doh

Not over just yet, Man Utd are away to the team who only beat the top 4 at home.

peza2605
2nd April 2008, 22:16
Nope, two minutes and I still haven't got it, what is it :laugh

MattR
2nd April 2008, 22:19

The YHGR ??

peza2605
2nd April 2008, 22:23
You Have Good Rep.

MattR
2nd April 2008, 22:26
:laugh :splapme Should really have worked that out!

peza2605
2nd April 2008, 22:29
youve probably got the fa cup on your mind.

MattR
2nd April 2008, 22:30
Just a bit! :D

Win2Win
2nd April 2008, 23:09
I guess it'll be the same result next week, and Liverpool will go through on penalties :happyboun