PDA

View Full Version : Aintree Selections

l'head eagle
3rd April 2008, 11:21
A tough day to start.

The race is about Inglis Drever, easily the best horse if at the top of his game but this race seems to fall to the supporting cast. Blazing Bailey for me is the one. Still very young at 6 so can improve and improvement would not put him far from top of the tree is this sphere.

Another race all about one horse. Cannot oppose Kauto Star with any confidence but from more hope than judgement I really like Monet's Garden who is hard to beat at Aintree. It is simply a case for me that going moderate stakes on Monet's is better than going big on Kauto. Well advertised that he has been kept back for Aintree and this is an afterthought for Kauto. However, to temper enthusiasm I doubt connections ideally wanted to go for this race but because Master Minded looks a freak, they gone for the longer race.

About 2 horses this time !! I am finding it hard to split them and I wish Franchoek had gone for this race instead of the 4.55. But Binocular looks a high quality animal and after that run in the supreme cannot be opposed back in his age group.

Best horse in the race by quite a way is Thisthatandtother and is a confident selection. Bit worried the price is callapsing though.

Open race and I am going for an outsider. Tramantano has some high quality form hidden in all the disapointing runs. Hold up horse and a strong pace assured.

Group Captain my nap of the day. Not much to say really, Franchoek is in the wrong race. Elusive Dream overated. Whiteoak probably not up to this level. I opposed Group Captain at Cheltenham but this track should see him at his best.

Another open and difficult race. County Zen could be the one.

Good Luck

l'head eagle
4th April 2008, 11:23
Not too bad yesterday with a good start from Blazing Bailey. I think I owe Chocolate a few quid after that superb ride.
Monet's Garden ran too bad to believe, maybe the end of the trail for him. Binocular won well and will be very interesting next year, but I don't think he travels well enough for a Chamption Hurdle.
Thisthatandtother ran well and it was the distance that beat him as well as not racing with the speed. Maybe in hindsight it was obvious, but a happy retirement to this great servant.
Tramantano ran pretty well. Group Captain was disapointing and maybe that is as good as he is? Captain Zen is probably in the grip of the handicapper.

Now for today and another difficult day but is what you expect at Aintree !!

Albertas Run looks pretty solid if not bomb proof but I will have a go with something unexposed in Big Bucks. As a 5yo could be anything and has looked pretty much a hardy type so that should help overcome in young years.

I backed Nenuphar Collonges at Cheltenham and should be thereabouts again. But Souffleur looks the one today. Solid course form and has the class. I would have backed him yesterday against Ingris Drever so I fancy my chances in this !!

The best chaser in training is Master Minded, could be one of the best we have ever seen. But he has never won this far and has shown some flaws when going over this far in France. The price is probably about right in 2/7 but I must take him on. Tamarinbleu has the form and will relish the extra half mile. Not confident but would not be the biggest shock.

Where do you start?? Pak Jack solid form over the National fences, still young enough, and lightly weighted. Looks the most solid bet in a competative race.

Captain Cee Bee would win but he does have a penalty that could even things up a little. I fancied Khyber Kim at Cheltenham and he was given an easy time there. I expect him to go very close today and he looks a good bet.

Tough and open. Kings Euro for me.

I like the look of Call Me A Legend, has experience, class and profile.

Good Luck

Win2Win
4th April 2008, 11:52
Where do you start??

Lay the Fav :doh

l'head eagle
5th April 2008, 11:19
Started off with a winner and then it went downhill !! Thought I was onto a winner in the last but not to be.

Now to day 3.

Loads in with a chance but I like the look of European Dream with a strong pace.

Tidal Bay looks different class but Cheltenham seems to have taken plenty out of a few. Kruguyrova ran very well behindTidal Bay and if (IF!!) he came out OK his style of running should suit.

Osana is obvious but a strange stat for 2nd in Champion Hurdles who are 0 from all 11 to contest this race. Probably one of those statistical blips but still Osana not guaranteed to like the extra half mile so worth opposing. Kalderon to me looks interesting and just could be the type to do well. I think worth an EW wager.

I am going for Don't Push It, must go close.

I have always liked the look of Snowy Morning and will be my main bet of the race. Even though everything is against him, Turko is for me worth a small EW. Nicholls is blowing all stats out of the water this year so why not the National? I can't help to also do a small EW on Vodka Bleu who is another with all stats against.

No strong opinion and Dante Hall has a chance.

Copper Bleu could be the one here and has some Irish Bumper form that has to be respected.

Good Luck