PDA

View Full Version : Football Research

jackster109
6th April 2008, 22:00
I was just wondering if there are any sites out there, where you can research for footie systems?

Such as how many times a Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea accumalator came in etc.

mathare
6th April 2008, 22:34
I was just wondering if there are any sites out there, where you can research for footie systems?Depends what you want to research and how much donkey work you're willing to put in. I am currently writing some software in this area of the market (but I reckon it will be a couple of years before I get anything like the finished product out and that's a conservative estimate).

Such as how many times a Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea accumalator came in etc.You only need a results database for stuff like that. And at a guess the answer is "not often enough to make it profitable"

eastyorkshireracing
6th April 2008, 23:13
There are sites out there but as you know we are not allowed to spam the URL :ermmm

Gordon

jackster109
7th April 2008, 17:33
I used to back Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea every week for at least 3 seasons untill last year. Arsenal kept on letting me down, so I decided to pull the plug. However, up until that time I recieved quite a healthy profit from a £25 stake.

MattR
7th April 2008, 18:18
I don't of any sites that have a database you could search like that but with a bit of manual checking you should be able to back check using various sites. Not sure what links we can and can't post herein regards to this. There are several where you can get past results.

One that should be ok to post is actually a live score site that also has league table (and match results if you click on the team name on the league table pages) going back several years is xscores (.com)

mathare
7th April 2008, 19:02
Soccerbase have a full database of results if you're willing to put in the effort to use the site and work with the data

jackster109
7th April 2008, 20:07
thanks for the info guys.

Does anyone use systems for football? Do they work?