PDA

View Full Version : F1

TheOldhamWhisper
27th April 2008, 13:27
Once again the issue of mirrors on formula 1 cars comes up as yet another two cars collide. The solution according to the ITV 'experts' is to use bigger mirrors with 'some sort of anti vibration device' because often you can't see anything in the mirrors anyway.

Here's a radical idea - half the cars are fitted with rear-facing cameras so that we can see really meaningful shots of how far behind the other cars are; why not put a CCTV screen behind the steering wheel?

Of course then there would be another 276 rule changes governing the number of pixels permissible, screen size etc. :rolleyes:

Forget I even mentioned it!

Win2Win
27th April 2008, 13:49
The most stupid rule is the closing of the pit lane while under a Safety, if you are short on fuel and you stop you get a 10 second penalty :doh ....So your supposed to just run out then? :splapme

I never see that situation arising in Indy car racing. They should be allowed a touch 'n' go as long as they don't change anything on the car.

GlosRFC
27th April 2008, 18:56
The solution seems simple enough to me...follow the American lead and put a sticker on each mirror which says "David Coulthard is nearer than he appears"

vegyjones
27th April 2008, 19:43
The solution seems simple enough to me...follow the American lead and put a sticker on each mirror which says "David Coulthard is nearer than he appears"

:D