PDA

View Full Version : Leeds

GlosRFC
1st May 2008, 23:30
Another decision that wasn't too difficult to foresee!

I really can't understand why Ken Bates was so confident or why he was giving false hopes to Leeds supporters:

League rule...any club going into administration is docked points
Leeds are relegated anyway so they go into administration
The League (and everyone bar Ken Bates) realises that Leeds are trying to flout the rules so the points are docked from the start of the following season

End of story.

MattR
2nd May 2008, 00:11
Totally agree Glos. A cynical attempt to cheat the other teams in the league by trying to lose their points penalty when it had no effect. Hard on the fans but that's club owners for you!

rusko
2nd May 2008, 17:49
I think Leeds got 10pts deducted for going into administration and the end of last season and 15pts at the start of this season for going back on an agreement they made with the football league for not having a CVA, being let to play this season and the way they came out of administration. A bit of a test case and some of the comments from the judge afterwards about tightning up the rules but a no brainer anyway, would have thrown the whole league in chaos.

Win2Win
2nd May 2008, 18:02
It's only a game :rolleyes:

samantha1303
2nd May 2008, 18:43
I think Leeds got 10pts deducted for going into administration and the end of last season and 15pts at the start of this season for going back on an agreement they made with the football league for not having a CVA, being let to play this season and the way they came out of administration. A bit of a test case and some of the comments from the judge afterwards about tightning up the rules but a no brainer anyway, would have thrown the whole league in chaos.

Thats correct Rusko.

Win2Win
2nd May 2008, 20:11
Good name Ken.....screwed Leeds.....screwed London :)

tophatter
2nd May 2008, 21:53
They did not come out of administration via a CVA. Its all a bit complicated but basically to exit administration via a CVA you have to get the creditors to agree via a a vote. The football authorities recently changed the rules which means you have to pay all football debts in full thus giving them prefererred creditor status. This means that the customs and revenue are no longer preffered creditors when it comes to football clubs when coming out of administration and unfortunatley they can only get the same deal as the other creditors. They object to that and will always turn down the offer and that means no CVA. The trouble is, if the taxman gets the same deal as the football debts it means every other creditor must get the same as the taxman is no longer the preferred creditor. So thanks to the football authorities it now means if you want to come out of admin via a a CVA you know have to pay 100% of the creditor debts. No business comes out of admin like that and so the effect is you get punished more than once for the same offence, whereas a ew years ago there was no punishment.

For example, my club Luton Town, were run by a bunch of cowboys, flogged all our players, run up huge debts, put us in administration, we lost 10 points, could not bring any loans in or players, sold more players, got relegated and now stand to start next year on minus 15 or something similar.

I agree Leeds were pulling a fast one, but we were mid table in November when we went into admin and it in effect relegated us. I just hope they dont do the same to us, the people coming in to clean up this mess absolutley despise the previous owners and are getting punished for their crimes.