PDA

View Full Version : Barton banged up

mathare
20th May 2008, 12:39
Joey Barton has been sentenced to six months behind bars for assault.

It was going to happen sooner or later wasn't it?

MattR
20th May 2008, 12:55
Yep, inevitable wasn't it

scoobydoo
20th May 2008, 12:56
Yep...good on the judge...shame it couldnt be for longer...he's a thug...pure and simple. If he hadnt been a footballer, he probably have been inside before now. Some will blame it on his upbringing, I dont know, but at the end of the day...he knows right from wrong. You just wouldnt want to be around him when he'd been drinking would you...lets just hope he meets a big guy inside, who wants to make him his girlfriend for a few months! :D

mathare
20th May 2008, 13:02
His Wikipedia page is fantastic. Full of gems such as he should have made his debut against Middlesbrough but he lost his shirt after leaving on the subs bench at half-time. And his first red card came in an FA Cup tie against Spurs - for arguing with the ref at half-time :splapme

There is a lot on there about his work ethic and his work for charity etc but at the end of the day he is a thug who was perhaps lucky to stay out of jail till now.

davidsteel
20th May 2008, 13:08
It must run in the family...

scoobydoo
20th May 2008, 13:09
I always thought he wasnt a bad player at City Mat but he has been rubbish at Newcastle, he doesnt even look the same player at all.

Was just watching Sky News and they said he had 2 fights that night. One outside Mcdonalds where he hit someone and they fell to the floor...he then straddled him and hit him about 14 or 15 more times! Then later in the night he found someone else to fight with and this guy was hit so hard he needed dental treatment 4 times. I'm not saying for a moment that there arent idiots out there who wont call him out etc, maybe look for a fight with him but he has to deal with that and being out at that time of the night wouldnt help would it!

mathare
20th May 2008, 13:11
As you say Scoobs, he has previous but he needs to deal with the idiots who challenge him by backing away and doing the sensible thing rather than going toe to toe with them

scoobydoo
20th May 2008, 13:26
As you say Scoobs, he has previous but he needs to deal with the idiots who challenge him by backing away and doing the sensible thing rather than going toe to toe with them

I think he's had anger management but it obviously hasnt worked has it! I think if youve been brought up like him, then the first sight of any trouble...you pick up your fists and sort it that way. But the bravest thing would be to walk away as youve said...that takes real courage, especially for someone like him who likes using violence.

MattR
20th May 2008, 17:17
Yes, he has been rubbish at Newcastle hasn't he? Bit of a parallel to be drawn to Lee Bowyer perhaps? He was very good at Leeds then had the long running court case and has never recaptured that form.

Win2Win
20th May 2008, 17:23
I didn't know he knocked the teeth out of a 16yo......plonker. Should be 6 month minimum, probably only do 2.

davidsteel
20th May 2008, 19:59
he's basically a coward picking on people who he thinks are physically inferior , like to see him pick on someone who could handle themselves... jail best place for him , totally overated footballer can't believe he made it to the England squad just goes to show how ***** our national team is ...

mathare
20th May 2008, 20:18
I see from Sporting Life that Barton also has admitted to having a drink problem so is once more working with Sporting Chance.

He's also due back in court on 30th May on a criminal damage charge and again in June on assualt charges against ex-Man City team-mate Ousmane Dabo. The 'fun' never stops for Joseph Barton does it?

MattR
20th May 2008, 22:14
I spot a trend!