PDA

View Full Version : Taxiiiiiiiiii For Terrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy

Jonny2621
21st May 2008, 22:37
I thought Beckham's infamous penalty was bad, Ronaldo's tonight was almost comical but John Terry, ouch :splapme

Much as I despise Chelski from the bottom of my East London heart though........I genuinely feel sorry for the guy......

mathare
21st May 2008, 22:45
Cue lots of comments in the press about the pitch and the weather

peza2605
21st May 2008, 22:46
winning it the liverpool way isnt too bad after all :censored:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

mathare
21st May 2008, 22:51
I bet Drogba doesn't feel at all stupid for a girly slap now

MattR
21st May 2008, 22:51
Congratulations Peza :thumbs

Best Champions League final for a while (Milan v Liverpool excepted)

MattR
21st May 2008, 22:52
I bet Drogba doesn't feel at all stupid for a girly slap now

Yeah. At least Vidic didn't go over like Drogba would have done!

samantha1303
21st May 2008, 22:54
It was one heck of a match.
Man Utd dominated the first half then died in the second half , how Chelsea never scored second half I don't know.
Then the penalties, poor Terry he played his little heart out tonight then ...
Strange how two of the best players of tonights match both missed.

scoobydoo
22nd May 2008, 00:01
It was the strangest match tonight...Utd did dominate first half and should have had maybe more than the 1 goal and then Chelsea scored a flukey equaliser I thought! As Sam has said, Chelsea battered them in the 2nd half and Utd did so well to stay in there...if they had conceded then it wouldve been so tough. When it goes to pens its a lottery...I have to say I couldnt watch them...just listened! I thought it was all over and came out for Terrys but still looked away...unreal really! I feel for the guy...its a shame.

Well done Reds....it was fate after all 50 years onl! :)

peza2605
22nd May 2008, 06:32
found this rather amusing.. 3571

Win2Win
22nd May 2008, 08:42
Cue lots of comments in the press about the pitch and the weather
I can only ever remember one game were so many players kept slipping and getting cramp in the first 90mins.

Was the ManU goalie wearing ice skates? :doh

At least those pesky Southern folk never got the Cup :thumbs...Even after Ronaldo playing the Fairy Queen with his pathetic spot kick :icon_tong

MattR
22nd May 2008, 12:55
At least those pesky Southern folk never got the Cup :thumbs

Yes we did, on saturday :D :icon_win:

Win2Win
22nd May 2008, 15:32
Yes we did, on saturday :D :icon_win:

Southerners.....not :censored: Yokels :D

scoobydoo
22nd May 2008, 16:26
Southerners.....not :censored: Yokels :D

:laugh

To be fair, Ive spent time down your way and there are quite a few Yokels there Matt...used to spend summers in Bosham, not far from you and that is Yokel-Land! :D

Mind you it is pretty much like that where I live now! :doh

MattR
22nd May 2008, 16:50
Nice place Bosham, my oldest brother had a flat there once back in the erm, not sure now, early 90's i think.

As to Porstmouth, to be fair, Boris Johnson wasn't entirely wide of the mark :D

counterfeit
22nd May 2008, 18:22

He was too busy trying to deck him to be falling over. One day someone is going to flatten Drogba and it will be so good to watch - he spends more time writhing around than Jenna Jameson.

mathare
22nd May 2008, 18:27
I keep hearing on the news that the Chelsea players are all rallying round John Terry after his penalty miss. Fair enough but didn't Anelka miss one too? :doh

Win2Win
22nd May 2008, 18:43
Terry didn't do it on purpose :D

scoobydoo
22nd May 2008, 20:27
I keep hearing on the news that the Chelsea players are all rallying round John Terry after his penalty miss. Fair enough but didn't Anelka miss one too? :doh

Yeah...its because he's 'Mr Chelsea' apparently! As you say...the one who missed the crucial one was Anelka. I wonder if they are rallying round him!:) I have to say the thought of Chelsea and Terry 'largeing it' today wouldve made me badly I think....thank you Lord!!:)

Nice to see the Chelsea fans in pubs in London get over their disappointment by attacking the local Police...What the hell is wrong with people today? Society is :censored: I tell you.....we're all doomed! :ermmm I could understand them being devastated but FFS go home and cry in the corner, punch a wall if you have to but why take it out on others? No wonder we have so much violence on out streets....why werent people like this 50 years ago???

MattR
22nd May 2008, 20:52
Nice to see the Chelsea fans in pubs in London get over their disappointment by attacking the local Police...What the hell is wrong with people today? Society is :censored: I tell you.....we're all doomed! :ermmm I could understand them being devastated but FFS go home and cry in the corner, punch a wall if you have to but why take it out on others? No wonder we have so much violence on out streets....why werent people like this 50 years ago???

Ridiculous isn't it? I seem to remember this sort of thing starting during the world cup of 1990. Weren't there German cars smashed up (which about sums up their mentality) and clashes with police and rioting after they knocked us out on penalties? I think that's when it began in a major way. Probably just as well we're not in Euro 2008 after all. Otherwise when the Swiss knocked us out they'd be smashing up clocks and hunting down cuckoos :rolleyes:

samantha1303
22nd May 2008, 20:58
He was too busy trying to deck him to be falling over. One day someone is going to flatten Drogba and it will be so good to watch - he spends more time writhing around than Jenna Jameson.
I totally agree with you there.

sparkyminer
22nd May 2008, 22:03
I can never understand footballers. Mostly 'cos they're foriegn but that's a different subject.
If you're gonna get sent off for hitting someone, make a chuffing good job of it and chin 'em one. The outcome'll be the same but you'll get grudging respect for the fact that you landed a good 'un.:D

MattR
22nd May 2008, 22:50
The outcome'll be the same but you'll get grudging respect for the fact that you landed a good 'un.:D

Was it this season or last that a non league player punched the striker in an FA Cup game and got slightly more than grudging respect. Three months I think it was!