PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon

MattR
6th July 2008, 22:28
What a game of tennis that was! The two best players in the world both playing at their best and slugging it out over five sets. One of, if not the best game I have ever seen. What a great champion Federer is(was), time and time again he came through against break points with it all on the line and it took everything Nadal had to beat him. Fantastic stuff.

mathare
6th July 2008, 22:38
Yep, awesome game.

I had a decent wedge on Federer and had had since before Wimbledon even began this year but really well done to both players. The final was a proper spectacle. Nice to see someone competing on Federer's level now - those two should provide a few more classic matches I expect

peza2605
6th July 2008, 23:51
me, im not a tennis fan but my god that was gripping stuff! massive respect to federer just never gave in,and nadal to keep being so close and having it torn from his grasp so many times but to still win.brilliant.

amazing stuff.it was like rocky 4...:D

the only thing which got on my nerves was explaining to mrs peza that if nadal wins this set ,hes won etc, the ball has to land inside the white lines and all that.

so its been a good year for spain, hope it doesnt continue with liverpool.

crazybadger
7th July 2008, 08:16
I watched the first two sets and then was sooooo tired that I went to bed (about 1:30am over here)...then I wake up and hear it went all the way to the wire and was "one of the best ever wimbeldon finals" :splapme

Win2Win
7th July 2008, 08:40
Just shows what the human body is capable of, continuosly hitting balls at over 100mph for over 4hrs.....I couldn't even manage 1!!!

The muppets using flash during the game should have been thrown out or shot!! :)

John
8th July 2008, 01:15
Fantastic game, crap weather though - but in some ways the breaks made it much more entertaining! Nobody comes close to Federer and Nadal...

Now we have to wait for that 14 year old to become a nice cumly wench in a few years. Laura whatsherface!