PDA

View Full Version : Laughable

TheOldhamWhisper
10th August 2008, 16:32
They've been taking money off the charities to fund the 2012 Olympics and even though this year is only the 'warm up' for those, you have to ask if it's really worth it.

Take our well publicised Gymnasts - they are struggling to even qualify. They have so far managed to score less than a couple of others who FELL OFF!!! :ermmm

Win2Win
10th August 2008, 17:55
We done well at the women's hockey......we got a conciliation goal :)

presto
11th August 2008, 00:15
what annoys me is how the lottery funding the olympics is getting. they are diverting funds to the olympics saying how it will inspire kids to take up sports etc.... however they are taking it away from grass roots sport's organisations :splapme

Win2Win
11th August 2008, 08:53
I can just see all the poverty stricken street kids now taking up equestrian :rolleyes:

At least we should be good at the air pistol part :laugh ....and hopefully they'll bring in knife throwing :thumbs

silax
11th August 2008, 10:28
yes the olympics is it worth the money apparently it is to the commitee as seb coe and co have there fingers in so many pies they are set to make an absolute killing when we host the games. Good for britain hmm well if you are a director of any of the companies getting the woek and funding yes if you are just one of the milliones of people wondering what all the fuss is about no not really.
the chinese are a funny race all of them very nationalistic but can't see the wood for the trees the 2nd stupidest people in the world. this is going off on a tangent but i remember how proud they were getting there new terminal finished 4 x quicker then terminal 5 at heathrow what they forget to add is the death toll while doing this. health and saftey is not very high on there huiman rights agenda. slightly under killing female fetouses and the men wonder why there girls are in short supply.
somewhere off my list of places to visit.

Win2Win
11th August 2008, 10:49
You're starting to sound like Boris Johnson :laugh

barrelmaniac
11th August 2008, 11:14
Olympics in london = waste of money! Im sure other countries could host it much better with less cost!

silax
11th August 2008, 16:00
You're starting to sound like Boris Johnson :laugh
I could be that man :rolleyes: