PDA

View Full Version : LA Galaxy

Win2Win
13th August 2008, 09:15
What a mess eh? :splapme

If they had any brains, they'd buy a few Prem 'oldies' on a 2 year contract to get some decent skills in.....like Sheringham, Fowler....sure these players could do with the money :rolleyes: ......and great way to retire with 2 years in California :D

New manager....Mark Hughes? :ooo

scoobydoo
13th August 2008, 10:08
What a mess eh? :splapme

If they had any brains, they'd buy a few Prem 'oldies' on a 2 year contract to get some decent skills in.....like Sheringham, Fowler....sure these players could do with the money :rolleyes: ......and great way to retire with 2 years in California :D

New manager....Mark Hughes? :ooo

Bet they couldve bought half a premiership team with the money they are paying Beckham!:ermmm

silax
13th August 2008, 10:14
it actually amazes me to see football clubs employ managers who have no man management skills at all aka rudd gulit of ex la galaxy. there is a list of them a mile long who maybe get lucky once and that keeps them in various jobs for a long long time and i'm sure you could take a good people person who knows very little about football and he'd be a roaring success at management but it seems to be a closed shop where you have to have played the game at pro level or you could look at Swen who had virtually no playing carear and did quite well wherever he went.
alex ferguson is a prime example of a good people person success with every single club he was at. although he comes across as a bit of an oaf even outside of football the guy was very good and a success. Another who i feel would make a top manager is gordon ramsey a footballing knowledge and a very good people person well he gets the job done and i'm sure the people who work for him and do the job right really like him.
so gordon ramsey for the next newcastle job please

bigcumba
14th August 2008, 09:10
so gordon ramsey for the next newcastle job please

A very good point there Silax, too many ex players have gone into management with only their coaching qualifications, and no real idea on how to handle the day to day running of the club. John Barnes at Celtic was one of the worst, nice guy, crap manager. As for someone outside the main football scene - yeah why not, if they have those people skills... Ramsay would be a good one, a bit of football knowledge to go with good man management... and if nothing else the halftime pies would be brilliant!

silax
14th August 2008, 09:57
exactly big c. the manager is the man at the top and he employes coaches to do the football/training stuff all he has to do is manage his staff seems simple enough to me. lets see how paul ince does i think he will be the next ego inflated flop. anybody who wants to be called the govenor as a player is living far to far up his own to see beyond the trees

John
16th August 2008, 00:34
I can probably guarantee that none of you would ever speak of LA Galaxy had Beckham not signed for them. :)