PDA

View Full Version : Ticket touts

bigcumba
17th October 2008, 13:48
Tickets for AC/DC went on sale at 10am this morning priced £45. Sold out by 10:25 am, 2nd date added a minute later, that sold out as well. Only 2 tickets allowed per person. Go via ticketmaster to getmein.com and find tickets on sale for a minimum now of £160 for unknown seats, up to £300 for standing. Me... I took 40 minutes to get through to one site and might have nabbed a seat on the second date... but can't be sure because bloody Virgin e-mail has been down all feckin day!:headbange

As for the touts, I'd happily wipe the :censored:::swear out with an Uzi. I haven't missed an AC/DC tour in 28 years but these gits might yet have cost me the chance of seeing them on what could well be the farewell tour.

Win2Win
17th October 2008, 14:43
Luckily for me I can't stand them :)

Street cry
17th October 2008, 15:30
send em on ahighway to hell big c

Win2Win
17th October 2008, 15:42
send em on ahighway to hell big c
Wan't that Madonna :doh

bigcumba
17th October 2008, 18:14
Happier now - finally got my ticket confirmation through and I know where I'm sitting... is it called the O2 arena because you might need an oxygen mask for the higher seats? I'm around a third of the way back, left hand side, very high up... just hope I don't get blinded by the spotlights shining off the baldies on stage :D. Now what I'm hoping for is a Scottish date... then I'll buy a ticket for that and flog the O2 one so I can see them on my home turf where they always go down a storm.

wb
17th October 2008, 18:21
I hate the way they name places like the 02. They've renamed the point depot in Dublin as the 02 aswell.

Win2Win
17th October 2008, 18:24
I hate the way they name places like the 02......
Probably because they own it!

bigcumba
17th October 2008, 19:10
They've renamed the point depot in Dublin as the 02 aswell.

Ah, I wondered where that was... it's a bit like all the Carling Academy venues around the UK these days... so you know you can get the same crap beer in each one of them!

samantha1303
18th October 2008, 11:42
Ah, I wondered where that was... it's a bit like all the Carling Academy venues around the UK these days... so you know you can get the same crap beer in each one of them!

I'll let you know how crap the beer is on Monday.
They have just opened a new one in Leeds, and I'm toddling along on Sunday to see one of your fave bands ( The Streets ).

wb
18th October 2008, 12:13
I'm going to try buy Oasis tickets for Slane Castle when they go on sale next week but it'll probably be the same story.

lowe1
19th October 2008, 19:59
I can sell you one WB you can have first choice before i put them on ebay :D:D:D:D

John
19th October 2008, 23:10
I'm going to try buy Oasis tickets for Slane Castle when they go on sale next week but it'll probably be the same story.

What's the story? :giggle

:peeky

wb
24th October 2008, 13:27
Actually got the Oasis tickets handy enough, although Slane holds 80,000 people so there wouldn't be as big a demand there. The Prodigy are supporting which should be great.

bigcumba
24th October 2008, 13:43
I see Metallica sold out their O2 show now as well.... not quite as big a demand as AC/DC - selling on getmein.com for around £80-£170

mathare
24th October 2008, 14:08
I've never used them but I keep hearing radio ads for Seat Wave (sp?) too. They could be worth a try

bigcumba
24th October 2008, 14:31
I've never used them but I keep hearing radio ads for Seat Wave (sp?) too. They could be worth a try

Hadn't looked at that one till now Mat, but here's what they have on offer

AC/DC - £125-£350, Metallica £72-£600 :yikes:

- slighty better at the lower end of the prices than getmein, but still a damn rip off of true fans. Basically all these sites have done is make it easier for touts to profit by giving them the facility to sell on to fans easily and anonymously without hanging around outside the venue in the pissing rain. There must be hundreds if not thousands of tickets for sale on all these sites now, no wonder it was so bloody difficult to get them in the first place.

Street cry
24th October 2008, 14:33
bryan adams is doing agig in york next week cant get a ticket for love or money, sold out in first 2 hours :mad:

bigcumba
24th October 2008, 14:49
bryan adams is doing agig in york next week cant get a ticket for love or money, sold out in first 2 hours :mad:

I see that's a solo acoustic gig - I'm not really a fan but might be a good one. They have a few tickets on both the sites myself and Mat have mentioned - around £100 each.

sparkyminer
24th October 2008, 14:58
I'm going to see The Killers in Nottingham in March.
Within minutes of the tickets going on pre-sale to fan club members, tickets were appearing on ebay for £200.
I like The Killers but I wouldn't pay that much if they were playing on my front lawn.:)

mathare
24th October 2008, 15:07
There is no way I'd pay anything like the prices quoted for a gig. Sure, I'm not the biggest fan of live music in itself but it's entertainment akin to sport and needs to be priced accordingly. That said I wouldn't pay the £40+ I know some premiership fans pay

bigcumba
24th October 2008, 15:28
That said I wouldn't pay the £40+ I know some premiership fans pay

That's a hell of a lot of money to be spending up to 30+ times a year on home games alone, never mind travelling to away matches. Even with the money saved buying a season ticket you're not guaranteed a good, or at least entertaining game worthy of the money spent, whereas with the live gigs I know I'm going to enjoy it, and it's a very rare occasion I don't. (the amount of beer I can put away at a gig might have some effect on that though :laugh )