PDA

View Full Version : Dentist

John
8th November 2008, 16:19
:censored:

Just got back from the dentist! My appointment was at 1:15, and it's a 5 minute walk from my flat, so I thought I'd be home and dry by 2:00 at the very latest. How wrong was I... ;fire I got home only half an hour ago.

I was booked in for a scale and polish at £45, standard stuff, happy days. But when I got there, he thought I had quite a lot of tartar making my gums quite weak, which isn't surprising as the last time I had a scale and polish was 2-3 years ago. So I then had to have an x-ray to see what the build up was like, plus look at how weak my bone was. Looking at the x-ray he said it wasn't as bad as he first thought, and that my teeth were pretty good. :thumbs

So, I have the scale and polish, usual stuff, all done...

Rewind. Yesterday I rang them up to see if they accepted the type of debit card I have, and they do. I was fairly sure they would, but I wanted to check anyway. So I thought, GREAT! No need to withdraw £45 in cash, I don't like carrying cash around with me.

Fast forward. So I'm at the desk ready to pay the £45. "Oh that'll be £90 for today, Sir." :ermmm So I immediately asked why, in my usual inquisitive way, and said to him that the receptionist told me £45 two weeks ago when I came in to make the appointment. So he said "£45 for the scale and polish, but then the extra charges for the check up and x-ray." To which it made perfect sense, obviously! Because of course that's what I asked to have done... ;fire "Oh okay that's fine" I say, hurting inside. :smileybigangry: So I hand him my debit card...

ERROR! They can't process my transaction, they attempt to do it 4 times and have to ring up some authorisation bloke on the phone quoting my 16-digit number. "We're nearly there, John." I'm thinking, no you bloody well aren't, you can't even process my payment. So now I've a wallet full of VOID receipts. Here's the really weird bit..... they ask if it's possible for me to pay by cash, so I go and withdraw £90 and plod back to the dentist - I mean - I could've left the country at this point and never returned - they weren't to know they couldn't trust me.

So when I return with the £90, I'm kept waiting... and waiting... because they're dealing with another matter. After another 10 minutes of waiting, when I'm finally served I ask for a cost breakdown, and he gives me an accurate one, but I'm sure he could tell something was troubling me about the amount, so he asks "how much were you quoted when you made the appointment?" So I tell him £45... and he agrees to do it for £45. Bargain eh! :splapme:REGamblMo

What I actually think was going through his mind was, "Sorry, we :censored: up your payment big time, so you can have it for what was initially agreed." Then on my way out he made some joke up about the credit crunch.

I've got another appointment in January to "fill up some pockets". Make your own puns up about that one. :rolleyes:

Shall I try and pay by debit card? :headbange

Win2Win
8th November 2008, 17:27
I had an appointment the other day....the wife reminded me at 4pm :thumbs .....pity is was for 2pm :splapme

samantha1303
8th November 2008, 22:40
I'm going next week , every 3 months I toddle along the dentist looks in my mouth says everything is fine and charges me £20, I should have trained as a dentist.

John
8th November 2008, 23:39
One of my old school friends is trained as a dentist, recently qualified, and she's earning a packet.