PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Cup

jonahjones
27th November 2008, 21:47
Since October last year, this competition has given me trips to the Ukraine, Germany, Norway, Italy and Belgium which were, on the whole, fantastic experiences.

I must confess to a little pang of jealousy this evening as Spurs travel back from Holland, City from Germany and Pompey entertain AC Milan. :yikes:

For the record, Standard Liege are away to Partizan Balgrade tonight. :(

scoobydoo
27th November 2008, 22:17
Since October last year, this competition has given me trips to the Ukraine, Germany, Norway, Italy and Belgium which were, on the whole, fantastic experiences.

I must confess to a little pang of jealousy this evening as Spurs travel back from Holland, City from Germany and Pompey entertain AC Milan. :yikes:

For the record, Standard Liege are away to Partizan Balgrade tonight. :(

Liege were a pretty good side though weren't they jonah...shouldve knocked Liverpool out the champions league...but they were lucky for once!:rolleyes:

jonahjones
30th November 2008, 23:04
Liege were a pretty good side though weren't they jonah...shouldve knocked Liverpool out the champions league...but they were lucky for once!:rolleyes:

Yes Rick, they are a good side.

It took Liverpool 210 minutes to break them down during which Standard missed a penalty and created a whole host of clear chances at Anfield.

So far, they top their group having played only two games beating Sevilla at home and Partizan Belgrade away without conceding.